View Poll Results: Will you join the group buy?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ostrich 2.0 10-19 $157.50/unit 20 or more $148.75/unit ALL+Shipping

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

Re: Ostrich 2.0 10-19 $157.50/unit 20 or more $148.75/unit ALL+Shipping

The Benny Hill soundtrack makes it that much funnier.

A.J.

turbo addict

Lol reminds me of something you'd see on Monty Python.

come on guys!!!
    I think alot of people could benefit from these
    you can't polish a turd! [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT][/COLOR]13.67@100.11

Quote Originally Posted by 4cefedomni View Post
    come on guys!!!
    I think alot of people could benefit from these
    Agreed. There was one other person interested who wants in if we get the 20, he would make 15. In essence we need 6 more, but 1 is on the fence, so in a way only 5. Guys, we can get the six so the rest of you sign up. We'll get the order processed quickly once everyone has committed to buying.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

why don't you ask them if we can get the 20 person price with 15 folks?
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    why don't you ask them if we can get the 20 person price with 15 folks?
    I will, good suggestion Kevin! It's not exactly close, but maybe they'll bend a tad, a smidgen if you will.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Bump. Guys we only need a few more. Monday I will call Moates and see about getting the 20 group price for what we have. The #15 is still on the fence, come on YOU... But for now, lets shoot for an honest number of 20. If we do get the 20 this week, I'll go ahead and start collecting the money so when we close the window the process will be quick.

Thanks again to everyone who is in it so far.

Hybrid booster

sorry if this has been asked but what about use with the lm setup? having 2 t-ms i would want to switch being able to tune between the 90 van and the 87 csx.
    thanks

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

I accidentally stumbled across this topic in another thread and was guided here. We might have the other five people but they don't know about this group buy due to the location. If someone could talk to a moderator to get a temporary banner on the top of the forum page or some other high traffic area, just so everyone could see it, it might help.

A.J.

Shouldn't be a problem. I know DodgeZ is using an LM for his CSX, but maybe someone else could confirm. My understand is, it will work for either but there is potential for a power drain with a SMEC based on badandy's experience.

Hybrid booster

okay thanks so what all would i need to be able to use the ostrich in both vehicles as a plug and play operation ?

For a LM car, you would only need a laptop to do the programming. It comes with the items listed on the link at the beginning. The cable it comes with plugs into whatever LM or SMEC that is socketed and that cable plugs into the device. From there, it would go USB to a computer or laptop for tuning as you have the car running. It is EXTREMELY encouraged to have a wideband at that point so you'll know how the car is running, possibly one that can monitor TPS, MAP, RPM, etc. The link badandy posted in post 3 or 4 is GREAT information about how the system works and I suggest you read that as well. Keep asking questions as others may have more or better input.

Hybrid booster

well i read it and i understand it, but i want to tune on the fly and then be able to swap it over to the second vehicle once it is dialed in. or is it set up where i would have to remove the whole thing and replace it with a burnt chip once i have tuned?

You would still need a chip burner or someone to burn it for you if you wanted to swap to another car, but that is what DodgeZ plans to do. He has like 5 cars or whatever and can use this on each to tune them while driving and then burn a chip with the cal he dynamically tuned.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turboaddict View Post
    sorry if this has been asked but what about use with the lm setup? having 2 t-ms i would want to switch being able to tune between the 90 van and the 87 csx.
    thanks
    mine is hooked to an LM, they are the easiest to adapt to since the boards aren't potted and are stored in the cabin. with an LM, the cable is long enough to get up to the glove box for a concealed, easy access install (can leave kick panel secured). I have a second gen I haven't cracked the SMEC open on yet, but I'll be doing that shortly since I have this and my primary project is almost done now...in the situation of having 2 TM's one with an LM, I can't imagine it would be easier with the ostrich, except of course if both were LM's. I won't hesitate to plan only using the ostrich between the two, doubt I will ever bother to burn a chip for either. this thing is about as plug and play as it gets (once you have the file burning sequence down), and a laptop cures the need for on-the-fly tuning. just buy a second ribbon cable for the second vehicle, swap the box as needed. cheaper than burning a chip unless you have free access to a burner.

I'm SOOO glad I didn't wait for a group buy to get set up, it was worth every mother freakin penny. the jump up to next level tuning is worth so much more than this thing retails for. use it once and you will realize it is stupid cheap. everyone who posted about this before me said the same thing about it, but obviously not everyone is catching the wave on this one.

you guys should be circulating a link to a this thread, not waiting for it to hit the main page or something. I wouldn't be splitting hairs over a couple bucks, you will only regret waiting. it isn't easy getting 20 people on the same page at the same time. make it for a TM item costing more than $100, I can see the torture that awaits the recipients of another $8 discount.

dig deep guys, this is the best money you will spend in a long time.

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x.Gen View Post
    mine is hooked to an LM, they are the easiest to adapt to since the boards aren't potted and are stored in the cabin. with an LM, the cable is long enough to get up to the glove box for a concealed, easy access install (can leave kick panel secured). I have a second gen I haven't cracked the SMEC open on yet, but I'll be doing that shortly since I have this and my primary project is almost done now...in the situation of having 2 TM's one with an LM, I can't imagine it would be easier with the ostrich, except of course if both were LM's. I won't hesitate to plan only using the ostrich between the two, doubt I will ever bother to burn a chip for either. this thing is about as plug and play as it gets (once you have the file burning sequence down), and a laptop cures the need for on-the-fly tuning. just buy a second ribbon cable for the second vehicle, swap the box as needed. cheaper than burning a chip unless you have free access to a burner.

I'm SOOO glad I didn't wait for a group buy to get set up, it was worth every mother freakin penny. the jump up to next level tuning is worth so much more than this thing retails for. use it once and you will realize it is stupid cheap. everyone who posted about this before me said the same thing about it, but obviously not everyone is catching the wave on this one.

you guys should be circulating a link to a this thread, not waiting for it to hit the main page or something. I wouldn't be splitting hairs over a couple bucks, you will only regret waiting. it isn't easy getting 20 people on the same page at the same time. make it for a TM item costing more than $100, I can see the torture that awaits the recipients of another $8 discount.

Do you work for Moates or something? LOL
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Quote Originally Posted by x.Gen View Post

heh, Thanks for the words! And although we aren't getting a HUGE discount, it is still a decent price, almost $30 off the regular cost and you have the same advantages of using a chip burner, only immediate gratification. The other thing is, you have the Ostrich and someone else has the burner. So if someone wants to use the Ostrich then trade favors (PG style ) and have them burn you a chip of the cal you tuned on the fly and let them use the Ostrich system. Once you get it back, plug the Ostrich back up and go about your business knowing that you have a cal burned to chip in case something goes awry.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Do you work for Moates or something? LOL

No doubt. Calling Moates today since Memphis is snowed in with 2 inches of snow.

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

I just came out of my shell long enough to get in on this. I am in for either discount. PM me when it is time to pay up as I don't check this section often.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I will, good suggestion Kevin! It's not exactly close, but maybe they'll bend a tad, a smidgen if you will.
    They are really good guys, Moates that is,

thanks
    okay thanks so what all would i need to be able to use the ostrich in both vehicles as a plug and play operation ?
    You still need socketed computer, then this is plug and play and you can tune on the fly.

That's why I suggest getting an extended chip socket, so after your done, you burn a chip then you can use the Ostrich on as many cars as you want.

I bought a 16 ft A-B printer cable, its what you need to hook the Ost to a laptop and its permanantly attached to the van, they ship you a 4 footer I believe.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/vb...&articleid=160
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    I just came out of my shell long enough to get in on this. I am in for either discount. PM me when it is time to pay up as I don't check this section often.

Barry
    That's what I'm talkin' about Barry!!! Excellent, we are doing well and only need 4 more.

I'm calling after lunch to try and get a hold of Craig Moates about the 20 discount for a few less. Please keep in mind if you want to use the Ostrich 24x7 you can, but if you want to use it on one car and then on another, it will make life easier to have the chip extender listed in the first post. It isn't necessary and I'm not in any way trying to sell these for Moates, just throwing that out there.

For anyone wanting additional items from the Moates site, just make a list of what you want and include it in the total price, i.e., go to Moates.net and make sure that if you want something you order it now so it can all come with one shipment.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast