View Poll Results: Will you join the group buy?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ostrich 2.0 10-19 $157.50/unit 20 or more $148.75/unit ALL+Shipping

Ostrich 2.0 10-19 $157.50/unit 20 or more $148.75/unit ALL+Shipping

Please note that anyone is welcome to contact Moates and place your order directly, receiving a discount on the Ostrich device at $148.75 and a 10% discount on ANY other items purchased at the same time. I would imagine this is good for at least a couple of more weeks, but don't hesitate to get your order in. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PLACE AN ORDER, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:

Go to www.moates.com and either navigate to the Ostrich link or search for it. Add this to the cart and continue shopping or check out. For first time buyers, you'll probably need to setup an account, I think. Once you have all the items in your cart and check out, be sure to add the following comments in the comments section.

Comments to add for placing your order.

• You're on the Turbo-Mopar group buy
    • You were told there is a 10% discount on additional items purchased
    • You'd like the cheapest shipping possible, preferably USPS

As you check out, the total WILL NOT reflect what you will actually pay. The order will be processed with the normal pricing. However, you will receive a refund reflective of what the pricing should be for the Ostrich ($148.75) and the 10% discount on the additional items.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions. Also, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD and the supporting threads regarding the Ostrich. I plan to start a thread with some of my experiences with this device, but a LOT of other people have been using it and have posted already. Please read through their post for information.

Well I thought I would put my money where my mouth is. These units go for about $175 per unit, but if you get 10 or more people to buy they are $157.50. Details about the unit are here and anyone interested who knows about how these work can and SHOULD chime in. If we get 20 or more, it's only $148.75. The prices will need to have shipping added to them, but that will need to be figured out when/if the order is delivered to me. I plan to have the entire batch sent to me and then to everyone. You can ask anyone on the board, I am honest and will be fair and honest about this transaction. I WILL ship everything that comes with each unit and will only ask for exact cost for the transaction. Please keep in mind if we can get 20 that is over $25 off the price, which is pretty good. For those of you who are already programming, a burner is about $85 or so shipped.

I will not collect the money until we have agreement on the number of people ordering. Once we do that, everyone will have 1 week to get the money in so we can get the order going. I will contact Moates about how long processing takes to see if we can figure out an ETA once we get the complete list. Please post in the thread if you want one and I will compile the list every day or more frequently. There is a poll where you can say Yes if you are, but please vote AND post you are going to buy.

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=169

Here is the support page:

http://support.moates.net/2008/09/11...h-20-overview/

x.Gen recently bought one and was very pleased with it and could probably provide more detail and possibly give some accounts of how he's used it.

There is also a chip extender that would be a good idea to get and really, it makes sense to have it for replacing chips quickly.

Information on this can be found here:

http://www.moates.net/product_info.p...roducts_id=172

The price stated DOES NOT INCLUDE THE CHIP EXTENDER. They are an additional $20, but if you want one I can include it in the shipment and then get it to you. I will inquire about group buys for this as well, but keep in mind some may already have it, like me.

PLEASE NOTE: If you commit to buying this, you are committed. There is no backing out. If we get more than 10 or more than 20, we will get certain prices. Backing out will raise the price and I'm not going to take money and then ask for more or have to refund stuff because of one person. The total for 10 to me initially will be about $1500 and for 20 it will be close to $3000. I can foot the bill for a couple of weeks, but I'm not going to pay for your item. If we don't get enough for 10, then we won't do it. If we get more than 10 slowly, we'll do only the 10-19 pricing for whatever number 10-19. If we get over 10 fairly quickly we will see about making it to the 20 pricing.

ALSO NOTE: If you have a negative rep on this or any other board, don't even bother asking to get in on the deal. I'm not going to deal with people who screw other people over and worry about you doing it to me. If you want one, get someone who trust you and that I can trust to buy it for you. I don't care what your plight is, you've made a name for yourself so deal with it. And believe me if I question in my mind who you are, I will inquire about your rep. That is all.

EDIT: Payment section added.
    PAYMENT

I know I've mentioned this, but a little more regarding the order. If you plan to get more than just the Ostrich system, please let me know up front either via PM or posting here. When paying, all I ask is that you list what you are ordering from Moates. Everyone will obviously be getting the Ostrich 2.0, but if you get a chip extender, chips to burn, a longer cable, etc., please let me know and include the additional funds for each. Also, if you are getting something more other than the Ostrich and a chip extender, please provide the link either via PM or when you pay (Paypal preferred.) The link for the items is so I don't order the wrong piece.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. If I forgot anything please add. And for those who have used it or have one, please provide some feedback to those who are interested, if you don't mind. I'd like to get one for a few bucks less and would like to help others as well.

For those in Canada, we'll have to work something out for shipping. I don't know it works, but I'm sure someone can guide me.
    Last edited by minigts; 02-22-2010 at 05:54 PM.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Re: Ostrich 2.0 10-19 $157.50/unit 20 or more $148.75/unit ALL+Shipping

FYI, the poll is public, but again please vote AND post in the thread.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

These things are da bomb,

You should get the chip extender and ZIF socket, they use the same cable as the Ostrich.

It takes time and practice but they are really worth it and you WILL need a wideband and laptop, but you don't need a new laptop either.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

I love my Ostrich2 i recomend it , i just wish they still offered the blue tooth option .
    There is nothing like tuning on the fly with out shuting down to reboot/flash

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    EXCELLENT!!! Thanks for the link Andy, this is the kind of stuff I was hoping others would post. Just more reasons to think about getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    These things are da bomb,

You should get the chip extender and ZIF socket, they use the same cable as the Ostrich.

It takes time and practice but they are really worth it and you WILL need a wideband and laptop, but you don't need a new laptop either.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    I love my Ostrich2 i recomend it , i just wish they still offered the blue tooth option .
    There is nothing like tuning on the fly with out shuting down to reboot/flash
    Thanks for your input guys. And that is the real advantage to this, tuning without having to shut down, let the computer learn things again, rinse and repeat. You can do all this stuff with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post

Thanks for your input guys. And that is the real advantage to this, tuning without having to shut down, let the computer learn things again, rinse and repeat. You can do all this stuff with ease.
    Even while driving if you have a co pilot,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

only 2 so far! come on guys! I'm pretty sure my brother is gonna want one too. we were originaly gonna share one but I think for this price we would just each get one.
    you can't polish a turd! [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT][/COLOR]13.67@100.11

Quote Originally Posted by 4cefedomni View Post
    only 2 so far! come on guys! I'm pretty sure my brother is gonna want one too. we were originaly gonna share one but I think for this price we would just each get one.
    Yeah, I agree. Either way we're all saving a good $25+ per unit. Doesn't seem like a lot, but when you look at the cost of the burners and the time and effort to burn, test, reburn, retest, etc., this pays for itself in effort alone.

Andy mentioned that with SMEC cars there is a power draw that could affect cars that sit for long periods of time. It doesn't seem to be a theory it seems to be fact, but for daily drivers it more than likely wouldn't be a problem. It probably draws power like a radio does with a car where the battery is left hooked up. Again, this is for SMECs only, although I still don't understand why it doesn't affect the LM-based cars.

Andy mentioned that with SMEC cars there is a power draw that could affect cars that sit for long periods of time. It doesn't seem to be a theory it seems to be fact, but for daily drivers it more than likely wouldn't be a problem. It probably draws power like a radio does with a car where the battery is left hooked up. Again, this is for SMECs only, although I still don't understand why it doesn't affect the LM-based cars.
    I think that was his bluetooth wasn't it? I haven't experienced any battery draw from it.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    I think that was his bluetooth wasn't it? I haven't experienced any battery draw from it.
    Knowing Andy he probably left it on all night after talking to some chick. Good to know it could be the BT that caused the drain, but if we can verify this possibly? Either way, I'm getting one. I just hope we can get to 20 so I can get a good discount.

turbo addict

Knowing Andy he probably left it on all night after talking to some chick. Good to know it could be the BT that caused the drain, but if we can verify this possibly? Either way, I'm getting one. I just hope we can get to 20 so I can get a good discount.
    BUSTED!

Okay, no seriously...here is what I experienced.

At the time (pre-bluetooth) I was daily driving the car and never had any issues. After bluetooth installation I scored a daily driver for cheap so I didn't drive the CSXT except for fun and to tune. I killed off my stock replacement battery after letting the car sit for a few weeks and didn't think a thing about it...just figured it was old. I then replaced that with an Odyssey and thought things were peachy again...wrong! It was at this time I decided to research what was going on and found I had a current draw which I initially thought was stock wiring going bad. After checking all the systems out in the car I decided to swap to a burned chip and viola!...problem solved! I unfortunately had to jump the car (which Moates said NOT to do but I forgot) and fried my bluetooth. I unsoldered the bluetooth from the Ostrich and reinstalled it and all was good again. I then decided to test for a current draw one last time and did get one that was ever so slight. I then decided to swap back to a burned chip for winter storage. I never was able to measure the draw with my multimeter beforehand. From that point on the car went for paint and I never got back on the issue.

If you are driving fairly often I don't see it as a problem. If you want to store you car months at a time I would disconnect the main power wire to the SMEC. For me...I didn't drive the car for 3 months and since getting it painted I have only driven it 6 hrs back from Kentucky late last year and have not driven the car since (as I'm in the middle of a drive train build-up/swap)...so I decided to pull the Ostrich for now and let James and Warren use it.

Long story short...if you have a SMEC/Ostrich car and are going to let the car sit for a few months...unplug the SMEC from the battery. Not a big deal...but just something you guys might want to be aware of.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by 4cefedomni View Post
    i'm in, hopefully we get enough to order soon.

Garrett booster

I'm in, can send money when you are ready!

Quote Originally Posted by GrimShadow View Post
    i'm in, hopefully we get enough to order soon.
    Brother?

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS-024 View Post
    I'm in, can send money when you are ready!
    I'll be asking for the money once we get past 10 or 20. I'd love to be optimistic and say we'll get the $20 price, but I'm planning on the 10-19 price. :$ Hopefully more will want in. So far so good though, 3 (4 including me) in 2 days is a good start.

BTW, I'm updating the wording in the original post and will note in bold.

Current list.

1. 4cefedomni
    2. GLHS-024
    3. GrimShadow
    4. minigts

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Sign me up!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

I really want to get one, just got a netbook, but I can't swing the $$$ right now...
    later Dick Westerhof

Quote Originally Posted by boost geek View Post
    I really want to get one, just got a netbook, but I can't swing the $$$ right now...
    Sell your soul, come on,

Brother?
    Yup thats my brother
    you can't polish a turd! [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT][/COLOR]13.67@100.11

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast