Thread: Transmission mount, orientation and tq spec for thru bolt?

turbo addict

Transmission mount, orientation and tq spec for thru bolt?

Hi folks,

Thought I had all my info lined up, but can't find anywhere the torque specs for the through bolt for the transmission (drivers side) mount. I see the spec for the mount to trans bolts at 50 ftlb, does that include the through bolt???

Also my mount disintegrated and was very loose. Therefore it was unpossible to tell which way round the new mount insert goes into the mount plate. The through tube has just under half an inch sticking out one side, and nearly an inch sticking out the other, which way round do the long and short sides go? There appears to be no difference in the rubber to indicate front or rear of car, or engine side or frame side. The Chrysler mount had it's markings in the rubber on the engine side, but frall I know someone had it out and put it back in backwards.

So any ideas on any of that?

thanks!

RW222

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Transmission mount, orientation and tq spec for thru bolt?

The sliding square tube should move equally to both sides, if not, grind it so it does.

I just do all bolts tight, but 50 ft/lbs sounds about right for the thru bolt, maybe 30 ish on the trans bolts.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Thanks Simon.

Yeah, just finally found it in my books, it's in the engine section in the Haynes manual, through bolt is 50ftlb, mounting plate to transaxle bolts 40ftlb... and the tube should slide, guess this one is kinda tight, will have to hit it with silicone grease or something.

turbo addict

B!tc# know how to move now! I slap her upside the tube with a hammer!

turbo addict

Light go by-bye last night, so put it in this morning. Thought I was going to have to hunt for my bushing press to get the damn thing in the plate. Some lube and a C-clamp worked though.