Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now Taking orders for TU Custom TII/TIII/TIV Radiators

Re: Now Taking orders for TU Custom TII/TIII/TIV Radiators

I was thinking about this because of what I went through to put a GBODY TII radiator/intercooler in my 90 Shadow.

That radiator didn't fit because of the filler neck. My friend at the radiator shop relocated the filler neck down a few inches. Then he brazed a plug where the filler neck use to be. Even then, we had to cut the hood bracing to clear the lower filler neck.

The same radiator is in my 91 Shadow. The 91+ cars have a different core support. The radiator fit in just fine, but is a bit taller then core support.

This got me thinking about one radiator to fit all cars. Was the filler neck relocated to account for the varying differences of each body car?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    As mentioned earlier, there are mounting holes on the top, bottom and sides of the radiator. This was done with the intentions of using the same radiator for ALL T-M applications. If your vehicle is not on the list it just means that we did not have access to one to test it on. We are fairly certain that it would take very little time to fabricate some sort of a mounting bracket for it to fit the balance of applications.

Chris-TU
    James Dempsey Jr 91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible 95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor amoparx's Avatar

I was hoping for a TIII clone. The TIII radiators have the condensor bolted right to the front of the radiator rather than the car like the TII's. I have a few TII's here I could convert myself, but was hoping for a bolt in TIII replacement. The TIII's and TII's are quite a bit different. Same with my GLHS. I was hoping for a clone for a spare, but now I'm going to wait to hear what others opinions are on these.
    Bob Doherty..... mnsdac.com
    Coon Rapids, MN
    '90 Chysler TC
    '87 Shelby GLHS #784
    '87 Shelby GLHS #654

'87 Shelby Charger
    '89 Daytona Shelby TII T-Top
    '89 Lebaron Convert TII
    '89 Lebaron Convert TI auto

SDAC Member.expires 05/2016.MNSDAC Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by amoparx View Post
    I was hoping for a TIII clone. The TIII radiators have the condensor bolted right to the front of the radiator rather than the car like the TII's. I have a few TII's here I could convert myself, but was hoping for a bolt in TIII replacement. The TIII's and TII's are quite a bit different. Same with my GLHS. I was hoping for a clone for a spare, but now I'm going to wait to hear what others opinions are on these.
    As mentioned above, these radiators were designed so they can accept brackets on all 4 sides. We hoped that by doing this it would enable us to attach brackets and broaden the application. Producing a TIII specific radiator would not be likely due to the minimum quantity of 30 units required for us to produce another version.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

**UPDATE** Re: Now Taking orders for TU Custom TII/TIII/TIV Radiators

More then half of our custom radiators have been sold. The initial buy in price of $320. will be expiring once the radiators are in stock. All orders (including payments) after that will be at the normal price of $350. If you would like to take advantage of the discounted pricing then you need to act soon.

We appreciate those of you who have participated in this initial buy in so far,

Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 03-03-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

hey chris anything ever come around on a rad for my mini or is that a totally different style?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr overkill View Post
    hey chris anything ever come around on a rad for my mini or is that a totally different style?
    When we designed the radiator we were primarily focusing on factory TII/TIII/TIV replacements since they are not available through the aftermarket. That is not to say that these cannot be made to fit other platforms such as the mini vans. We do have an '89 turbo minivan and will test fit the radiators in there once we receive the units in.

Chris-TU

Hybrid booster

thanks let me know because i might want one once the weather gets warm and stuff

Garrett booster

When is an estimate these rads are shipping out?

Quote Originally Posted by turbors89 View Post
    When is an estimate these rads are shipping out?
    They are nearly completed now. We will post here once we have an exact ETA.

Chris-TU

Garrett booster

any updates ? sorry to be such a pest its just my current rad got really bad and now im out of a car

I'm now confused I have been watching the threads on these radiators while my TIII daytona sits outside needing a radiator. Post 22, and 23 confuse me. Will this bolt into my TIII car? Will the condenser bolt to it?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by turbors89 View Post
    any updates ? sorry to be such a pest its just my current rad got really bad and now im out of a car
    They are nearly complete. Once the first one is received we will test it out on as many cars that we have access to in order to verify all modification requests have been implemented. I hope to have it installed in our vehicle for the MATS event later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger R/T View Post
    I'm now confused I have been watching the threads on these radiators while my TIII daytona sits outside needing a radiator. Post 22, and 23 confuse me. Will this bolt into my TIII car? Will the condenser bolt to it?
    Tim
    We made provisions for mounting studs on all sides of the radiator in hopes of attaching brackets which will allow for all applications.

Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 03-13-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    We made provisions for mounting studs on all sides of the radiator in hopes of attaching brackets which will allow for all applications.

Chris-TU
    Will one get test fit into a factory set up TIII car?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Charger R/T View Post
    Will one get test fit into a factory set up TIII car?
    Tim
    Yes, we hope to have one tested in a TIII vehicle along with several others. Since the majority of people ordering these radiators have 8 valve vehicles we will be focusing on them first.

Chris-TU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12