Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now Taking orders for TU Custom TII/TIII/TIV Radiators

Now Taking orders for TU Custom TII/TIII/TIV Radiators

We have initiated production of the radiators now that the testing has been completed. Only 30 radiators are currently being manufactured. These are being offered on a first come, first served basis and can be ordered here:

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=398

We expect them to be completed sometime as early as February or possibly into March. We will update everyone on our progress in the Turbos Unleashed section of T-M.

Thanks again for everyone's votes.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

Re: Now Taking orders for TU Custom TII/TIII/TIV Radiators

got any comparison pics, old vs. new?

turbo addict

not a shabby idea.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Quote Originally Posted by yogurt_slinger View Post
    got any comparison pics, old vs. new?
    Here you go!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...&postcount=124

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

are you requiring full payment before the radiators are made?
    James Dempsey Jr 91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible 95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by inmyshadow View Post
    are you requiring full payment before the radiators are made?
    The radiators have already been started. We are requiring full payment up front.

Chris-TU

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Can the L-body TU radiator be used with a GLHS or Super 60 intercooler like the stock setup?

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Can the L-body TU radiator be used with a GLHS or Super 60 intercooler like the stock setup?
    These radiators are designed to work with stock GLHS Intercoolers. I was under the impression that the Super 60 intercoolers were a direct replacement for the GLHS intercooler? If so, then our radiators will work with them as well.

Chris-TU

Hybrid booster

Well I ordered one for my Lebaron. I'd like to see you offer an aftermarket fan with the electric connectors to directly plug in to the factory harness to make more of complete one-stop-shopping experience.

you can mark me down for one.
    James Dempsey Jr 91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible 95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    These radiators are designed to work with stock GLHS Intercoolers. I was under the impression that the Super 60 intercoolers were a direct replacement for the GLHS intercooler? If so, then our radiators will work with them as well.

Chris-TU
    Thanks Chris. Yes the GLHS and S60 intercoolers are interchangeable (I have both). Wasn't TU looking into factory location intercooler replacements? A new custom TU rad/IC package might be an idea as long as the intercooler outflowed the S60 by a good margin.

Hybrid booster

Wasn't TU looking into factory location intercooler replacements? A new custom TU rad/IC package might be an idea as long as the intercooler outflowed the S60 by a good margin.

Do it the same way as the radiators.... same size just thicker. Move the battery, the overflow bottle and mount it up! More power!

I make it sound simple!!! ( I imagine it's not )

I would get one of those!!!
    Last edited by T-Bohn; 01-23-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    Gene

Quote Originally Posted by neongary View Post
    Well I ordered one for my Lebaron. I'd like to see you offer an aftermarket fan with the electric connectors to directly plug in to the factory harness to make more of complete one-stop-shopping experience.
    Thanks for your order and your suggestion Gary.

We do have an account with Spal and will do a little research to see if one of their fans will fit.

Chris-TU

Thanks Chris. Yes the GLHS and S60 intercoolers are interchangeable (I have both). Wasn't TU looking into factory location intercooler replacements? A new custom TU rad/IC package might be an idea as long as the intercooler outflowed the S60 by a good margin.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bohn View Post
    Do it the same way as the radiators.... same size just thicker. Move the battery, the overflow bottle and mount it up! More power!

I make it sound simple!!! ( I imagine it's not )

I would get one of those!!!

FMICs are more efficient then factory versions so it is unlikely that we would invest in making intercoolers to offer them as a combo. I appreciate the suggestion though and keep them coming

Chris-TU

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor amoparx's Avatar

Are the TIII radiators going to be made too? I saw that listed on the site, but I know they're a lot different than the pictured one which is what I assume you tested.

I have a Spirit R/T that's going to need one and wasn't sure how to order it. I saw things on your site about TII and TIII and different body styles, but nothing asking the years. (What body is a Spirit?)
    Chris, can you shed some light on this for me. Thanks and looking forward to a new radiator.
    Bob Doherty..... mnsdac.com
    Coon Rapids, MN
    '90 Chysler TC
    '87 Shelby GLHS #784
    '87 Shelby GLHS #654

'87 Shelby Charger
    '89 Daytona Shelby TII T-Top
    '89 Lebaron Convert TII
    '89 Lebaron Convert TI auto

SDAC Member.expires 05/2016.MNSDAC Vice President

Hybrid booster

hey chris what about one for the mini ??? if so ill be in for one i need something thicker then a stock one for extra heat removal

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by amoparx View Post
    Are the TIII radiators going to be made too? I saw that listed on the site, but I know they're a lot different than the pictured one which is what I assume you tested.

I have a Spirit R/T that's going to need one and wasn't sure how to order it. I saw things on your site about TII and TIII and different body styles, but nothing asking the years. (What body is a Spirit?)
    Chris, can you shed some light on this for me. Thanks and looking forward to a new radiator.
    The Spirit was Dodge's version of the Chrysler AA platform, a stretched variation of the Chrysler K platform.
    It's not listed on his web site specifically, but that probably doesn't mean he can't have one made up.

Quote Originally Posted by amoparx View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mr overkill View Post
    hey chris what about one for the mini ??? if so ill be in for one i need something thicker then a stock one for extra heat removal
    Quote Originally Posted by neongary View Post
    The Spirit was Dodge's version of the Chrysler AA platform, a stretched variation of the Chrysler K platform.
    It's not listed on his web site specifically, but that probably doesn't mean he can't have one made up.
    As mentioned earlier, there are mounting holes on the top, bottom and sides of the radiator. This was done with the intentions of using the same radiator for ALL T-M applications. If your vehicle is not on the list it just means that we did not have access to one to test it on. We are fairly certain that it would take very little time to fabricate some sort of a mounting bracket for it to fit the balance of applications.

Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 01-26-2010 at 12:50 AM.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Thanks for your order and your suggestion Gary.

We do have an account with Spal and will do a little research to see if one of their fans will fit.

Chris-TU
    Check is in the mail!
    SPAL makes a excellent product, it would be great to have one of their fans to keep our turbo cars cool.
    I get confused reading their specs though...so many CFM at a certain static pressure. How do we know what fan to use? As many CFM as possible? When I worked at a custom car shop we just picked the largest fan that would fit with the most CFM, but there has to be a more scientific way of choosing.

Hybrid booster

Since Chris said he is not going to offer a side mount intercooler I'll go ahead and mention the one I found. It's a MR2 aftermarket side mount. It looks similar to a factory G body intercooler only that it's 1 inch wider and 1 inch thicker than stock. I installed one in my Rampage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast