Thread: no turn signals

Garrett booster

no turn signals

hello everyone, as the title states i have lost turn signals on my 89 daytona. both signals stopped working yesterday; last week they were flashing very rapidly. i have checked the signals fuse, and have tried two other hazard flashers (is it the same flasher) with the same result. my hazard lights DO work. when i pulled the sockets out to inspect the bulbs without looking through the lens, i noticed that they light up very very dimly and flicker slightly. something that might be worth noting is that i had gangsta rigged my wideband (ran power to it off of a pole of the fuse, which turns out to be the signals fuse) after a lengthy project last summer and forgot i hadn't finished it correctly. any ideas would be fantastic! thanks

Re: no turn signals

Go to http://www.minigts.com/servicemanual.../LMZ_Diagrams/ and look over the diagrams there. It's not the EXACT same, but the principle is the same. The wires for the signals will go to the turn signal switch and possibly to the fuse panel, so make sure to check continuity there.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

wouldn't there have to be continuity in the circuit if all lights work when the hazard is used? if this proves that the wiring is intact and functioning correctly through the fuse box (if i pull the flasher it stops working) wouldn't the search be narrowed down to a flasher for the signals (if its different than the hazards flasher) or the signal light switch itself?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Check the solo orange fusible link coming directly off your positive battery cable. This one will be seperate from the rest of the fusible links.

Garrett booster

will do first thing in the morning, ill post results. thank you

Not promising anything obviously, but I did accidentally leave that unplugged once and had no signals, but I did have hazards. Took me forever to figure it out.

Garrett booster

had no internet all day yesterday so i wasnt able to post results. i checked the fuse link and tested it for continuity and its ok. does the description of it blinking rapidly for the week prior to it stopping working completely bring forth any ideas? is there a seperate flasher unit, or is the hazard flasher the same? thanks

There are seperate flashers for the hazards and signals. Fast blinking usually means one or more bulbs are dead, or have a bad ground.

Okay,
    I went through this about two weeks ago my my Lebaron GTS. Right rear turn signal would not work ( there are two bulbs per each side on my car ). The hazards would work ( so that rules out burnt bulbs). It turns out the ground going to the bulbs is not held in those sockets too well. My suggeston is to put a brick on brake pedal and then go to lights and back and move some wires on the sockets. It is usually the ground wire that is not making contact.

Garrett booster

ok, ill poke around for grounds tomorrow, supercracker, you say there is seperate flashers? where is the signal flasher located?

Look around for one hanging on its own little pigtail under the dash near the fusebox.