Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TU Cals Are BACK!!!

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Re: TU Cals Are BACK!!!

Say I want a cal for 3bar +20s. Then I later upgrade to +40s. Is there a fee to rescale? Or if I get the +40s from you is there a free rescale included?
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaV12 View Post
    BTW, Paul,

The cal you burned for the Green Machine performed flawlessly. Even though the car was only able to run a session and a half, it also was driven 400 miles back home after the event(a fellow Tder blew his engine and used the trailer, so i had the green car driven back). No issues whatsoever. Thanks.
    Glad to hear it! I finally got everyone's dyno graphs off my jump drive, the dyno operator had an autorun file in the folder with the dyno plots and my anti-virus wouldn't let me in. Had to open it with an old win-98 machine that I don't care much about LOL.

I'll export the graphs to bitmaps and post them in the thread related to the dyno day.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Say I want a cal for 3bar +20s. Then I later upgrade to +40s. Is there a fee to rescale? Or if I get the +40s from you is there a free rescale included?
    Yes. Like I mentioned in another post, for each customer a file is created where their current/past calibrations are kept along with specs, notes, ect, so If you were to change the car enough to where it would require an adjustment after getting a cal for your previous set-up there would be a fee to make the adjustments. The fee for an updated cal is $50.

As far as the part where you bought the injectors from TU, there isn't anything in place at the moment, but I can talk to Chris about it.

Glad to see cals are being done again. I will definitely look into when the time comes!

Hybrid booster

i'll be in touch. need to get the car mobile again before i worry about the cal.

where are you guys located? Would this be something i could pay to have you test/tune in the car if i brought it to you?

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 89FerrariShelby View Post
    i'll be in touch. need to get the car mobile again before i worry about the cal.

where are you guys located? Would this be something i could pay to have you test/tune in the car if i brought it to you?
    TU is located in AZ, I'm doing the cals out of S.E. MI.

I have met with people 1 on 1 do do what you're describing. We have also done dyno days in different parts of the country from time to time, we had one in So-Cal just a little while ago. So, yes, if you're willing to come to me, I'll tune the car in person. There is also the chance we could get a dyno day going somewhere near you.

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

SDAC Dyno day. Of course that is all you'll be doing the whole time you are there. LOL
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Hybrid booster

I see your selling Bryants dist kit and wires for the 2.4. Do you have SRT 4 calibrations to go with the kit yet?

Can you post the spec sheet for the custom calibrations so I can find all the information out that I will need before I order?

Thanks
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Quote Originally Posted by TopDollar69 View Post
    Can you post the spec sheet for the custom calibrations so I can find all the information out that I will need before I order?

Thanks
    PM sent
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Quote Originally Posted by The Pope View Post
    I see your selling Bryants dist kit and wires for the 2.4.

Yes.

Do you have SRT 4 calibrations to go with the kit yet?

Work in progress. We will not sell a cal before it's fully tested.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Thanks Chis, PM sent.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Garrett booster

SDAC Dyno day. Of course that is all you'll be doing the whole time you are there. LOL
    It's not out of the questions, but you're right... The last time we did that I didn't really get to do much else! LOL

Garrett booster

I see your selling Bryants dist kit and wires for the 2.4. Do you have SRT 4 calibrations to go with the kit yet?
    I see Chris already posted on this, but I wanted to clarify.

We have been able to do cals for the Hybrid Conversions for a long time. I'm working on cals for SRT 4 and other post TD type cars, but that stuff is a little ways off.

turbo addict

ANy chance you would do a custom cal for the 2.4L running on stock electronics with the distributor adapter? I would be looking for it on the SBEC platform.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    ANy chance you would do a custom cal for the 2.4L running on stock electronics with the distributor adapter? I would be looking for it on the SBEC platform.
    Yes, I can do that cal!

Hybrid booster

Well it looks like this might be the motivation I needed to get my car done. I had sent you guys some cores a while back we were going to exchange for store credit but if that's all been forgotten no worries. Anyway, I saw the work that you did to Aaron's SC and I'm really looking forward to doing business. I just need to put the car together. Good to see you back at it.
    [COLOR="Red"][B][I]Turbo Cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they'll rock your world![/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]2005 Dodge Neon - *15.88@85* - Daily Driver[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]1985 Dodge Shelby Charger - Project Car[/COLOR]

Hybrid booster

The No-Lift Shift feature makes no-lift shifting easy by cutting your engine's ignition for a very short period while you no-lift shift. No-lift shifting is keeping the gas down through the shifft. The ignition cut allows the synchros in your transmission to mesh easily, reducing the chance of missing a gear and damaging your transmission. Keeping your foot down through the shift also allows you to hold boost through the shift, thereby significantly improving your E.T.
    wouldn't you get the same results with a rev-limiter, or interrupting the signal from the hep while the clutch is depressed?
    - Dave MacArthur '83 Shelby Charger - TII conversion ("The Mistress") '08 Ranger '04 Malibu '12 Can Am Spyder RT

turbo addict

PM sent to you Mr. Boost

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    wouldn't you get the same results with a rev-limiter, or interrupting the signal from the hep while the clutch is depressed?
    It would end up using the rev limiter or having it's own rev limiter anyway, just depends on how the code for the feature is written. This feature actually can be implemented; it will take wiring in a clutch position switch (or adapting an existing one to input to the ECU) and a bit of a wiring change on the ECU's connector.

I'm going to look into this. Writing the code to perform the feature isn't a problem. I'll have to look into sourcing the switches and maybe having some brackets to attach them made, then if you wanted this feature you'd get the cal programmed for it along with the parts needed, and instructions to install them. The part kit would be a purchase separately item, since cars that already have a clutch switch should be able to use their existing switches with a wiring change.

Anyone that is or might be interested in this, please chime in and provide feedback so I can get an idea of how many of these I would need to start with.

Thanks!
    Paul

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast