Thread: no blower motor

Hybrid booster

no blower motor

i took my cat to get fixed yesterday morning and the heater worked . i get back in at 5;30to get the cat and no blower motor . car runs at normal temp ,dont over heat .i did recall seeing the wipers ,wipe once like when the fan came on and that was it .havent cked anything yet as i got home late .gunna go out in a few to see if its a bad fuse .figured id run it past you guys to see if maybe someone else had ever had this issue

scott

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: no blower motor

Will it run on high and nothing else?

If so then it is the resitor pack. On the Shadows it is located behind the winshield fuid reservoir.

DJ

Hybrid booster

na i got nothing . i checked the fuse and its good ,but is there a relay , theres gotta be a relay ,where is that ? i dont care about no heat but i would like everything to work .i have to see if i have another heater control at the garage . maybe its that ? all i know is there is no blower motor function at all ,and i cant find my test light !

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

FYI the blower motor is gets 12 volts went the ign is on. The resistor and switchs are on the ground side.

Hybrid booster

thanks

Turn it on full blast, and give the heater a kick. I ended up replacing mine on my 87 Sundance. I didnt feel like pulling the whole dash out, so I cut the 2 wires and soldered another junk yard blower motor on. The connector plug on the blower motor is almost impossible to get at without yanking everything apart, easier to solder.
    later Dick Westerhof

Hybrid booster

ya i know what a pain it is to get to ,ive had the holedash out to do a heater core on one of my other shadows. so your saying give the motor a kick? ill give it a shot but i dont think thats my problem

When my blower went, the only way I could get it to go was to bang or whack the heater housing. If it works then, the motor probably has not much life left in it. If it doesn't, it might be a power problem.
    later Dick Westerhof

turbo addict

I've had the motor go. Now the motors are available but not the impellers, knowing this and knowing that the impeller was brittle old plastic, I pulled my old one, and very very carefully removed the impeller, checking it was okay before I went and bought a new motor, because if the impeller was no good, I'd have to get a used one, and there was no point getting a new motor if it worked...

So, bought the NEW motor, tried to fit the impeller on it... ***CRACK***

BUT I had another vehicle sitting there, that I wasn't driving then, and I thought I was keeping, so "temporarily" stole the blower out of that one... been working great since... and I have the new motor in a box still with the remains of the impeller, in case I feel like getting creative with JB Weld sometime.

Anyway, ze point being, get a used blower with the impeller mounted, 'coz the plastic is likely to be too hard to stretch back onto a new shaft... (Of course if I was trying it again I might try dunking the sucker in boiling water first...)