Thread: Rfl...

Rfl...

Well, it's time for my first change to the SRT since i bought it...

Installing the RFL with this flange... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Type-...Q5fAccessories

It doesn't have the provisions for anything other then the RFL, but cause I have no clue as to what is on the stock pipe Im not sure where to begin on installing this.

Any help/suggestions?

Re: Rfl...

That's a nice looking piece. I have my BOV mounted on a similar pipe just before the throttle body connected by a silicone adapter.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Ive had this setup on all my older TMs, but now there is a vac line and IAT sensor lol

boostaholic

mounting it on cold side right? There's a sensor that goes into a rubber grommet and another nipple with a vacuum line on it (for a solenoid I think, I don't have any solenoids hooked up) on the hard pipe that is currently there. It's only 2.5in or 2.25in not a 3in pipe.
    -Jim Too many cars, not enough time..

That is what I was aiming for, Im still on the solenoids(need to get off of them lol). Google just turned this up for me...

http://www.turboxs.com/faq/srt4.htm

Maybe that would be an easier way for me to do it? But instead of running a check valve just install a block-off plate? But then the question came, what do I do with the pink hose and do I run the RFL off the intake or where(pink line?)??

Im a bit lost lol

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by moparfwdsleeper View Post
    That is what I was aiming for, Im still on the solenoids(need to get off of them lol). Google just turned this up for me...

http://www.turboxs.com/faq/srt4.htm

Maybe that would be an easier way for me to do it? But instead of running a check valve just install a block-off plate? But then the question came, what do I do with the pink hose and do I run the RFL off the intake or where(pink line?)??

Im a bit lost lol

You need the block-off plate. I think you just disconnect the pink line and block it off. Then install BoP Then you tee into the port off of the throttle body for your vacuum source for the rfl. Let me see if I have a pic where to tee it into...

thanks for all the help Jim

I have the MP rice plate, its nice but the MPx exhaust murders it in a noise battle lol. I love the radio, but sometimes I want to turn it off and real the sounds my car makes and I am currently missing out on my BOV

boostaholic

ok, I cant find a good pic, just use a good boost/vac source anywhere after the throttle plate.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by moparfwdsleeper View Post
    thanks for all the help Jim

I have the MP rice plate, its nice but the MPx exhaust murders it in a noise battle lol. I love the radio, but sometimes I want to turn it off and real the sounds my car makes and I am currently missing out on my BOV
    Mine came with the xs type-h and its loud enough, but I really prefer my greddy type-s... I might eventually upgrade to hard pipes with the greddy flange on it.

Garrett booster

Garrett booster

here you go claton do not worry about fuel reg thats for the returne line

thanks Louis

hopefully are weather is nice this weekend and I can get more time under the hood