Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Very Sad News

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Re: Very Sad News

That's a good story of Bill, Jon. It reminded me of Bill at SDAC-13. After the car show & swap on Sunday, the Great Lakes chapter crew was sitting there waiting for folks to leave the lot, and for the vendors to tear down their set-ups so we could do a final clean up of the lot before we left.

While we sat there we spotted Bill digging through one of the trash barrels out in the middle of the lot. He had a small pile of things set off to the side that he was saving from the trash. We laughed at him (making fun of him) and even took a couple pics of him sifting through the trash. Bill spotted us, waved, and went about what he was doing.

On drag day the GL crew was getting the Chapter Challenge car ready and it wasn't running right. Bill found the problem, went over to his truck, got a couple things and fixed the problem with the vacuum harness. After the car was right, he looked at all the GL guys and said, "Yeah, the part to fix it came off the harness I dug out of the trash barrel." He was nice and gracious about it, and didn't really say it to set anyone straight, but that was the exact result. We didn't laugh anymore about him dumpster diving as he saved our butts that day!

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i just saw this now. how sad. i remember seeing him and chatting with him over the years at SDAC's and i just last year got his name straight in my mind (takes me a while to get names straight sometimes) and now this.... total bummer for both me and everyone else.

Brian

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 30 PSI SHADOW's Avatar

that door lock "incident" was very strange.. Even more for bill to be hanging out in the darkness at midnite LOL! He was always there! tuned out to be a combination of worn out plastic and a sticky lock.
    Thanks again to Bill, you wont be forgotten...
    Bill Baker
    NESDAC Pres.
    Rutland,Vermont
    90 Shadow VNT comp 332WHP/390WTQ
    12.26@116MPH-27psi (SOLD)
    89 CSX #269 59k
    83 Rampage T3 11.78@118MPH- 22psi

Hybrid booster

I haven't been around much lately and just saw this very sad news.

Bill would talk your ear off any evening in the parking lot until all hours of the morning at SDAC events.

Things definitely won't be the same without him.

My prayers to his family.

Joey

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

I wish that I had a Bill story to retell here, he was always around SDAC with the late night crowd and I think he was one of the guys with enough stones to pick up the lit incendiary devices that were launched (good naturedly of course) at his crowd and throw them back at us. All I can really recall is that he was the guy that was always smiling, and talking, and laughing, and talking...

Count me in for whatever you need to make the 'spirit of' award or memorial you come up with at this years event Barry.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

I've had some inquiries as to "what really happened" and I thought I had posted it here, but I guess not.

It appears Bill may have had a heart attack while driving. He had his kids with him (2 boys age 9 & 7) and the oldest one was riding in the back seat. He said he saw his dad's head go back and his eyes were closed. Shortly after that they ran into the car ahead of them. Nobody suffered any injury from the accident and the car wasn't damaged all that bad either.

In the previous couple weeks, Bill's arm went numb while at work and at a friends house working on a car. Both times he was encouraged to go to emergency but Bill just brushed it off. I don't believe he had any health insurance and he may have wanted to avoid any financial burden to his family. But we will never be sure ....

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Oh wow,

I guess this could be a wake up call to us tough guys who refuse to go to the doctor when we feel ill.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Yep. And lay off the greasy foods. My best friend died from a heart attack at 50.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Well at least his boys were not hurt, that could have been much worse.

You never know when your ticket is going to get punched, live every day to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    I've had some inquiries as to "what really happened" and I thought I had posted it here, but I guess not.

It appears Bill may have had a heart attack while driving. He had his kids with him (2 boys age 9 & 7) and the oldest one was riding in the back seat. He said he saw his dad's head go back and his eyes were closed. Shortly after that they ran into the car ahead of them. Nobody suffered any injury from the accident and the car wasn't damaged all that bad either.

In the previous couple weeks, Bill's arm went numb while at work and at a friends house working on a car. Both times he was encouraged to go to emergency but Bill just brushed it off. I don't believe he had any health insurance and he may have wanted to avoid any financial burden to his family. But we will never be sure ....

Barry
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Oh wow,

I guess this could be a wake up call to us tough guys who refuse to go to the doctor when we feel ill.
    No doubt, I got that problem

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    No doubt, I got that problem
    Me to, that's why I said it,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Man, never would have thought Bill would have heart problems, but I guess you never know...

Always happy and willing to help; we can all learn from his example... RIP!!

Garrett booster

met him a couple times at mopar nats, he was indeed a good guy. R.I.P. Bill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234