Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very Sad News

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Very Sad News

I learned last evening that Bill Gamalski died yesterday afternoon in an auto accident.

There are not many details about it available as yet, and as I get them I will forward them. I was going to hold off on this notice until more details are out, but there really isn't any point in doing that.

Bill was a long time member of SDAC, and one of the founding members of the SDAC Great Lakes Chapter in 1994. He was a guy that was always eager to lend someone a hand.

Rest In Peace Bill, you will be missed.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Re: Very Sad News

Ah man that's never good to hear, especially around the holidays. Rest in peace Bill.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Our prayers go out to his family. Bill was a great guy to know, always happy, always friendly, always willing to help. He will be sorely missed!
    later,
    Cindy
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

Bill, you were always a friend ready to help anyone in a jam. You will be missed. Rest in peace and our prays go out to your family.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Definitely sad news, Bill was a good guy and will be missed. Some of you may remember Bill from the SDAC events especially those when we had the chapter challenge as he headed up the GL car. Others may remember him driving his carbed GLH ITB Omni setting the pace around the road course, and many will remember him lending a hand in the pits or SDAC event parking lot.

Rest in peace Bill! My sincere condolences to his family and friends!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Anyone have a picture of Bill? I can't seem to remember what he looks like. :$
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor CNH320's Avatar

I dont have a pic of Bill but here he is during SDAC-18 at Waterford Hills in his N/A GLH. He was my instructor during my first roadcourse event. Rest in Peace Bill, you will be missed.

-Chris H
    1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #91 E85 Powered
    2012 Dodge Charger SRT8

Shelby Dodge Auto Club National Member

SDAC Great Lakes Chapter & SDAC Ontario Chapter Member

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Anyone have a picture of Bill? I can't seem to remember what he looks like. :$

At the SDAC conventions, Bill frequently was found set up in the swap meets at the car show and drag racing. Besides his parts, he often sold K&N filters also (for a friend).

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

That's terrible...RIP Bill.

I dealt a lot with Bill over the years. He was a great guy to work with and was fun to be around. Him and his family are in my prayers.

Garrett booster

I wouldn't have known who he was until I saw the picture, I somewhat met him at SDAC-19, giving me a long-winded speech about the setup in my Lancer. RIP Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    I wouldn't have known who he was until I saw the picture, I somewhat met him at SDAC-19, giving me a long-winded speech about the setup in my Lancer. RIP Bill!
    rofl I REMEMBER THAT!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

When I first saw this post I didn't want to believe who it was. I even PM'd Barry in hopes that I misread it.

Bill was one of the nicest and happiest guys at SDAC. His laughter could always be heard through the engines and voices at the events. At the last SDAC Car Show Bill approached Johnny and I as we were packing up. He jumped right in to help without even hesitating. Bill came back a few minutes later and handed us each a sheet of paper covered in a plastic protector. He had stumbled across some original "Shelby" Letterhead from back in the Dodge Days and wanted to share them with us. I am sure that there are many others who could share similar stories and experiences with Bill. He will be truly missed and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones especially at this time.

Rest in Peace Bill....

Chris-TU

PS- Barry, is there anything we can do for his Family? Do you have a way we can get something to them?
    Last edited by Chris W; 12-24-2009 at 06:06 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor turbo2point2's Avatar

Sad news indeed. RIP Bill.

-Brian Slowe
    87 Shadow "BSX"
    8.58 @ 162

86 GLHT
    10.62 @ 130

05 SRT4
    12.1 @ ???.??

06 Ram 3500

turbo addict

Wow, I met Bill in Indy at SDAC 8 when he wrecked his GLH and sold him a grille and headlight bezels. He was definately the story teller and will be missed!!!!Godspeed my friend
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    PS- Barry, is there anything we can do for his Family? Do you have a way we can get something to them?
    Bill is survived by his wife and two sons.

SDAC will be sending flowers, but we are not soliciting for a flower fund.

Anyone wanting to donate to his family can send it to SDAC via the following link. I will see to it that his wife gets any donations sent, along with a list of names of those donating.

Here is the link for miscellaneous payments to SDAC.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

Quote Originally Posted by bradp View Post
    Wow, I met Bill in Indy at SDAC 8 when he wrecked his GLH and sold him a grille and headlight bezels. He was definately the story teller and will be missed!!!!Godspeed my friend
    Oh yeah, I remember that "off". Bill pulled the fender away from the tire, but left it wrinkled for a while. With a paint brush Bill painted "Ouch" on the front fender and for a few years his car was simply known as the Ouch car.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

turbo addict

Sad news indeed!

Very nice fella and I talked with him a number of times at SDAC-18/19 and even bought some parts.

Prayers to his family in this tough time.

Rest in peace Bill. You will be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    Bill is survived by his wife and two sons.

SDAC will be sending flowers, but we are not soliciting for a flower fund.

Anyone wanting to donate to his family can send it to SDAC via the following link. I will see to it that his wife gets any donations sent, along with a list of names of those donating.

Here is the link for miscellaneous payments to SDAC.

Barry
    SENT!! Thanks Barry!!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember that "off". Bill pulled the fender away from the tire, but left it wrinkled for a while. With a paint brush Bill painted "Ouch" on the front fender and for a few years his car was simply known as the Ouch car.

Barry
    I was there and remember that! Bill always had a good sense of humor about stuff like that, like awarding me the "Golden Rod" award after I windowed the block at Topeka Great guy, missing him already!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast