View Poll Results: Would you buy an L-body a-pillar 2 gauge piece, assuming the price is realistic?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 84.85%
  • No

1 3.03%
  • What's an L-body?

4 12.12%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seeing if anyone would be interested in a 2 door L-body 2 gauge a-pillar pod piece

Re: Seeing if anyone would be interested in a 2 door L-body 2 gauge a-pillar pod piec

A whopping EIGHT!!! WOOHOO!!! Bump. I'm still working on this, btw.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Re: Seeing if anyone would be interested in a 2 door L-body 2 gauge a-pillar pod piec

I want one no matter what... so maybe you can produce them yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by 1984rampage View Post
    I want one no matter what... so maybe you can produce them yourself?
    Well I have not ruled out making my own via the home vacuum molding system I've seen. I THINK it can be done and we have an enormous supply of various wood pieces that I think could be used to make the base for the mold. The trick is going to be the size of the piece. I actually was dreaming about making it last night and I think I have a solution or two. The trick is going to be to get the plastic to wrap around the back side of the piece that goes between the spot welding and the foam weather stripping for the window. Like I said, I think I have this covered, but it will truly be trial and error to get it right. The other obstacle is creating the station, but again this should be relatively easy. The guy I spoke to originally used pancake griddles to get his heating elements. He used two, I would probably need three for this piece. The rest is just building the station which should be easy to do.

If I do this on my own, the cost will obviously be lower but I won't commit to a price until I know how this is going to be done. :$
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I voted, but don't have a 2door lbody.. yet.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

so you going to get one made for your iroc next?

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I voted, but don't have a 2door lbody.. yet.
    Good man Mike, plan ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmesich View Post
    so you going to get one made for your iroc next?
    lol Well the next one I do will be a three gauge or more and I may incorporate a different approach to how it will be done. But I would do it for other vehicles if I had spares. I think at this point I have it more down that I did when I started so getting the template made would be easy, getting it reproduced would be the trick. I will tell you this, if I can produce them out of plastic at my house, I will more than likely make others for other vehicles.

Going to push this to the top again. 8 people total, 9 including me.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

3-gauge pod sounds good to me I have a couple spare A-pillar covers for 2-door L-body and G, J, and P-body cars also, if you need them to make prototypes.

I have a 2 door Lbody now. I'm in for one
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

ill take one count me in!
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Thanks guys. Guess I need to get this finalized then.

boostaholic

I think I voted yes but I realized that with the cage in the car I won't be able to use pods on the pillar
    -Jim Too many cars, not enough time..

Quote Originally Posted by jl93sundance View Post
    I think I voted yes but I realized that with the cage in the car I won't be able to use pods on the pillar
    I'm sure other yes votes will trickle in, but thanks for letting me know.

turbo addict

any news on these?
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Well right now we only have 10 people interested, which is about half of what I'm looking to get interest in to try and get these produced. I haven't spoken to the guy in a couple of weeks mainly due to time constraints with Christmas and New Years. But with only 10 right now I'm not aggressively trying to find a producer. I'm still going to pursue it over the next month, but I'll be busy with the new job traveling and what not, so as I get further along I'll post updates. Believe me I'm still going to work on this, I haven't lost focus.

Bump. Not to sound whiny, but why is EVERY other poll showing on the home page but this one? Is that something I was supposed to select? I see a poll about which paint to go with?! So far 11 responses yes, no "no"s and 4 smart asses.

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

Since I finally got an L-body, I'd be interested, Jon!

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89
    '03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

Well lesson learned! Never give an option of a smartass answer!
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

Quote Originally Posted by fleckster View Post
    Since I finally got an L-body, I'd be interested, Jon!
    Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Well lesson learned! Never give an option of a smartass answer!
    lol Well I knew someone out there would bite. I should have turned viewing poll results on. I'll bet good money racoon is one of the four.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

As long as they're reasonable.....I'll take three.

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast