Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: lash adjusters

Garrett booster

lash adjusters

i have seen a few threads saying they are using pt cruiser lash adjusters and i was just wandering if anyone could tell me what the difference would be or what makes them better if they are??? thanks for any help

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Re: lash adjusters

They have a bleeder hole on them, to help keep air purged out. There slightly shorter than stock and require shimming to bring backup to stock height specs. supposidly there cheaper than our stock lifters through mopar but I've never run the numbers.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor amoparx's Avatar

I just put them in my GLHS a few weeks ago. From what most people say about them, they're supposed to quiet down the valve train noises a lot. I've read where people that bought their cars new, did the conversion and said the car was quieter now than it ever was. I haven't driven mine much since doing it. I had an oil leak from the back of the valve cover after changing mine. And then started a small fire which melted my injector harness. (very small fire. I was able to blow it out) Once I found a new harness, I replaced and test drove it. That's about it. I'll know more next spring. I also put a roller cam setup in it at the same time. I mainly did all this because I had some engine noises come up. I was just investigating the problem when I decided to change all that stuff. I thought I either had a worn slider cam or some bottom end trouble. The cam looked good. Whatever the problem was, was fixed. I didn't look close, but I believe one of the adjusters may have been collapsed The MP lash adjusters cost me about $70 after tax. (I don't get a discount) Ordered them from the local dealership. Yes, they're a lot cheaper than the regular PT cruiser adjusters. Before I knew what I was supposed to order, I asked about the PT adjusters and was quoted $15 each. The MP adjusters run about $33.XX for a box of 4. Besides keeping pumped up better, they're a lot stronger than the originals, plus newer. I know with a few of my TD's, after a bit of spirited driving they tend to pump the oil out and start to tick. That's supposed to be a thing of the past now. Some guys have said the car ran like crap after converting, but I guess you drive the car for a block or so and it snaps out of it.
    Bob Doherty..... mnsdac.com
    Coon Rapids, MN
    '90 Chysler TC
    '87 Shelby GLHS #784
    '87 Shelby GLHS #654

'87 Shelby Charger
    '89 Daytona Shelby TII T-Top
    '89 Lebaron Convert TII
    '89 Lebaron Convert TI auto

SDAC Member.expires 05/2016.MNSDAC Vice President

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

I put them in my minivan engine from the get-go. Compared to my Daytona race car (with stock lifters), the difference is night and day. The minivan with the PT's idles like a modern engine. Smooth and quiet (well, except for the seriously obnoxious exhaust). I'm putting a 2nd set in the Daytona this winter. Hopefully, I'll be back on the track next summer...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

thanks for all the info everyone.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...hlight=lifters

MP part number isP5007440, and you'll need two sets.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...hlight=lifters

MP part number isP5007440, and you'll need two sets.
    Did anyone ever come out and say where you can get the shims?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Did anyone ever come out and say where you can get the shims?
    Anywhere you want, auto parts stores, fastener stores. I've used the non hardened washers with no ill effects.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Anywhere you want, auto parts stores, fastener stores. I've used the non hardened washers with no ill effects.
    I bought some off of someone that had to buy 25 in a pack. These were from "Fastenal." These were non stainless. They're also one per whole rather than the two thinner ones that some guys are using. I measured the washers and was a little scared they wouldn't fit the hole or get stuck. They weren't more than a 1/1000 smaller than the adjuster. And we all know how close those fit. But they work fine and since they're "non" stainless, you can still remove them with a magnet.
    Coon Rapids, MN
    '90 Chysler TC
    '87 Shelby GLHS #784
    '87 Shelby GLHS #654

'87 Shelby Charger
    '89 Lebaron Convert TII

Hybrid booster

0945.025.0.20 the washer part # for the right shims, 100 to a box. 509-535-4211 Fasteners

these are the right washers, this is the right part number and phone numbre to the place where I buy them from. You just don't find this info on this forum, too many haters here. I have also sold them for years too, just can't keep up very well. I have averaged 5 sets a week for years, there are a lot of people running them out there now. You'd think a vendor would have stepped up and sold the lifters with the washers by now as popular as they are. Years ago Melling had a great price on them and I sold them with the washers. But a year later they changed design and the new design doesn't work, again photos on another forum. The MP lifter has a metal purge over all the others with a rubber purge. The MP lifter is the way to go. Top Line sells them in stock form and they are $80 a set...

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by amoparx View Post
    I bought some off of someone that had to buy 25 in a pack. These were from "Fastenal." These were non stainless. They're also one per whole rather than the two thinner ones that some guys are using. I measured the washers and was a little scared they wouldn't fit the hole or get stuck. They weren't more than a 1/1000 smaller than the adjuster. And we all know how close those fit. But they work fine and since they're "non" stainless, you can still remove them with a magnet.
    If they aren't small enough to fit into the bore right they will all sit at a different height. The ones I use are grade 8 and press into the bottom of the bore sitting flat, grade 8 has very little tolerance change too. One box from Fasteners will do 5 heads...

If they aren't small enough to fit into the bore right they will all sit at a different height. The ones I use are grade 8 and press into the bottom of the bore sitting flat, grade 8 has very little tolerance change too.
    The ones I used fit fine. I was just a bit concerned with the size after measuring them, but was assured about the precise tolerances of these washers. They all bottomed out fine.
    Coon Rapids, MN
    '90 Chysler TC
    '87 Shelby GLHS #784
    '87 Shelby GLHS #654

'87 Shelby Charger
    '89 Lebaron Convert TII

One box from Fasteners will do 5 heads...
    Are ya tossing 3 in some of the bores Rob? Just kidding.
    Coon Rapids, MN
    '90 Chysler TC
    '87 Shelby GLHS #784
    '87 Shelby GLHS #654

'87 Shelby Charger
    '89 Lebaron Convert TII

Pope, do you have any and if so how much. I'd rather buy from a member if its cheaper than buying 100.

I have plenty if anyone needs any. I just charge $5 to cover mailing them and buying them. PM me if you want some. They aren't hardened but work just fine.

Garrett booster

is there any certain year pt do u need to get them from turbo, n/a. any of that matter?

Hybrid booster

Summit Racing also has them btw, but dont forget, you need 2 packs also the listed applications on Summit are not correct imho. At least that's not the engines that came with those lifters stock (imho only from 2001-up).

Got my lifters today and the washers from Pope on monday. Hopefully these will help the issues I was having last year when winding the motor out for extended time. The car would drop in power half way through the race and I believe air was getting into the lifters and causing them to collapse. With the decent amount of snow this year the races should start fairly early this year

Garrett booster

price on all that?

turbo addict

Don't have any of the PT's in front of me but I'm curious about something ... can anybody measure the plunger travel on one for me? Bottomed out to full extended.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast