Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1331

Thread: MPTuner

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Re: MPTuner

ok took me a bit but I found that file. it says 2:635827011611506971,T-T3_22_T3_MTX_A393_3-bar.tpl
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

one good thing is all my cals are fine since I can open them on my main pc THANKFULLY !! now I just need to figure out how to get back to the program settings in MPTune so I can revert that change I did.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    ok took me a bit but I found that file. it says 2:635827011611506971,T-T3_22_T3_MTX_A393_3-bar.tpl
    I guess that code line tracker 2 will help Morris narrow in on it.

I will refrain from making any suggestions since i am hardly a computer expert. But you said you uninstalled and reinstalled and it still did it?
    Thankfully you do still have your cal file elsewhere!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

ok uninstalled mptune and mpscan and the ftdi thing too and then did a disk clean up to get rid of left over files and then redownloaded everything then updated and tried to open my cals and it works. so tomorrow I will get mptune and scan working again and be back on track.. BUT i would still like to know how to get my innovative wideband to work on mpscan
    Turbo Joe

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

joe - glad you got it working again. the message indicates that somehow the splitters used to divide the screens up got corrupted. don't know how that could have happened so i'ld love to know if you can specifically tell me what you did. if not no big deal. i think i could have helped you reset the user settings back to the defaults but too late now! were you able to start mptune but just couldn't load a cal? lmk, so i can try to add a menu option to reset user settings.

morris.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    joe - glad you got it working again. the message indicates that somehow the splitters used to divide the screens up got corrupted. don't know how that could have happened so i'ld love to know if you can specifically tell me what you did. if not no big deal. i think i could have helped you reset the user settings back to the defaults but too late now! were you able to start mptune but just couldn't load a cal? lmk, so i can try to add a menu option to reset user settings.

morris.
    what I remember doing was when you have a cal open and the setting tab has an option to show " -psi as InHg " so I checked itso it would do that when I have maps open but I didn't notice any changes so I tried to close the cal but closed the whole thing and then that happened.. what ever cal I tried to load I would get that error message. wierd...
    Turbo Joe

thinking a minute more about it a whole 1 increment would probly be the easist way to do it since some groups use different sizing methods like some cells will round off to the closest value that fits..that feature would make it super easy for those trying to get a tune close enough then fine tune wouldn't be bad at all cause it would be smaller cell groups.
    joe - the latest version of mptune now has a basic scaling feature for the 3d table grids. basically, highlight the grid cells, right click, and enter the amount you want each cell to go up/down. let me know if that meets your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    joe - the latest version of mptune now has a basic scaling feature for the 3d table grids. basically, highlight the grid cells, right click, and enter the amount you want each cell to go up/down. let me know if that meets your needs.
    dude I love you man ! the scale feature is awesome ! thank you thats perfect now one more thing if you could make happen is if there is a way to watch the map live like in other words watch the floating dot as it moves with your rpms and map sensor signal? that would be the best but i understand these old ecu's aren't the easiest to work with and you and Rob already have done so much, big thanks to you guys
    Turbo Joe

interesting question -

in the original version of mptune (mptuner v1), i had an option that you could watch a table real time if you were using an ostrich. the ostrich allows you to track when an "address" is accessed in the ecu so i could then translate that back to the table. with a regular chip you can't do that.

in the original version of mpscan i had an option to set up "histograms". basically you would pick a unique ram address for the 'x' axis and another for the 'y' axis and another address for the grid value. e.g. set rpm for x, map volts for y, and advance for the table data. then as you "scanned" it would update the grid with the running average(or max or min) of the values. this is something i could probably add again although nobody has requested it (or missed it?!) so i don't know if there is much value to it other than something "nice".

so it depends really on demand for the option and its value to the tuning process.

-blast from the past-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mptuner1.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	56736  
    Last edited by wowzer; 11-12-2015 at 01:43 AM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Sounds like a really good diagnostic tool...

Maybe a "second order"/semi-buried option. Out of the way most of the time, but available if needed?...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

which one? histogram or ostrich tracking?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

I may be confused, it sounded like the histogram was possible only with the use of the Ostrich...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

the histogram (i.e. a grid using 3 ram values for the x and y axis and the "value") can only be done with a non-ostrich setup, whereas the realtime display of a table "hit" can only be done using an ostrich. personally, i could see more use for a histogram for most people unless you are using an ecu that supports 3d tables directly.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I think it's called a tracer, AEM and I'm sure others have it. The AEM I've used will basically have a grid of boxes, and it highlights the boxes that shows the current value of whatever you are watching at the time. For instance, at idle it will have the -14.7psi box highlighted, and as you use the gas to take off and drive, the highlighted box moves around to show the current map value instantly. I think it also leaves any box touched by the highlighter and different shade of color so you can have a visual of the actual map range used.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

OK I finally got my hands on a part i needed to install my msd dis-2 ignition box to the stock electronics. Now that I have that my question is how do you shut off the rev limit protection in the sbec1 TIII cals? I want to use my msd for rev protection using spark cut instead of the sbec doing fuel cut.thanks again guys
    Turbo Joe

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

OK I finally got my hands on a part i needed to install my msd dis-2 ignition box to the stock electronics. Now that I have that my question is how do you shut off the rev limit protection in the sbec1 TIII cals? I want to use my msd for rev protection using spark cut instead of the sbec doing fuel cut.thanks again guys
    Set both the upper and lower rev limit values to the max...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

how about unchecking the fuel-based rev limiter box in the set up cal config options? i just noticed that now.. would that work?
    Turbo Joe

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

how about unchecking the fuel-based rev limiter box in the set up cal config options? i just noticed that now.. would that work?
    If the TIII turbonator cals have that, uncheck fuel based and check spark based limiter.
    That should do it. I use the spark based and have fuel based unchecked.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

in the TIII cal anyway, the spark based rev limiter says not working as a note, so i figured its not a completed option yet? so no big deal, i will be using my msd as a rev limiter anyway..
    Turbo Joe

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

in the TIII cal anyway, the spark based rev limiter says not working as a note, so i figured its not a completed option yet? so no big deal, i will be using my msd as a rev limiter anyway..
    The checkboxes for the spark/fuel rev limiter don't do anything in the TIII cal. You need to raise the rev limiter values to turn off the limiter.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki