Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: MPTuner

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPTuner

Quote Originally Posted by cs daytona View Post
    Also i tried the mptrace after i compiled the cal. There was a warning saying the .lst file is invalid or it hasnt been compiled using mp compile or something along those lines. ....

Travis
    mptrace had inadvertently been disabled. that is why you got the message. if you didn't get any messages during compiling other than "it compiled successfully" then your bin should be ok. i have reenabled it and will post v1.0.5 to fix that. sorry.

mptrace is simply a tool to step through compiled code. it is not a "logging/scanning" program.

Hybrid booster

Yea read mptrace was for debugging so thats why i ignored it since there were no errors. I was just thinking maybe there was another step to the process or something that i must have missed. Ill try again using the newest mptuner version and see if it wasnt just something in the software. Ill try and make some time to do that and report back

travis

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cs daytona View Post
    Well i remember that it didnt work so i didnt check it. I made 2 versions of the cal and they both didnt have the spark based limiter checked. Pretty much all i did was add the antilag and staging limiter using criuse on/off switch, and change it for manual trans. But i did the same with v15 with d-cal and it all good. Just wondering if its mptuner related, operator error, or what?

Travis
    Change it for manual trans? You mean un-check the option for ATX? That's not all you need to do to convert to manual trans. But, there's a template for both auto and manual trans. You should just use the correct template.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

Yea thats what i meant. I unchecked atx. Now that u said that im thinking thats where i went wrong. I used the cust g-head 2.5 cal template, which i noticed it was a atx cal. But i did the same thing in d-cal, i just unchecked the auto, and it runs fine. Ill try again and use the 2.5 mtx template and copy over the different values from the 2.5 g-head cal. Crossing fingers

travis

turbo addict

I'm trying to swap for 2bar to 3.bar in lm v10 and it takes hitting the scale to map button about 6 tries before it switches it.

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    I'm trying to swap for 2bar to 3.bar in lm v10 and it takes hitting the scale to map button about 6 tries before it switches it.
    couple things:

1) the lm cal i tried apparently has table types 5 and 6 set as map tables. the only table types allowed are 0 - 4. if you need a table type 5 or 6 set up for a map you need to change it to a table type 8 and make sure it follows the "EXACT" layout necessary. if you look at one of the v16 cals with a table type 8 you will see what i mean. pay attention to how the x units description reads (byte/word) as well as setting the choices up right.

probably should get rob to change the base cals to reflect the table type 8.

2) mptuner does the updating weird! i.e. you have to exit the scaling form before the graphs reflect the change. i always planned on changing that but never got around to it!! i'll fix it in a subsequent release.

since the lm was never originally supported you may run across some other strange things. just let me know and i'll fix it. if i recall the fueling multiplier for the 16 bit tables is different so i don't know if the graphs will show up correctly. someone who knows what they're doing needs to check that out!

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    couple things:

1) the lm cal i tried apparently has table types 5 and 6 set as map tables. the only table types allowed are 0 - 4. if you need a table type 5 or 6 set up for a map you need to change it to a table type 8 and make sure it follows the "EXACT" layout necessary. if you look at one of the v16 cals with a table type 8 you will see what i mean. pay attention to how the x units description reads (byte/word) as well as setting the choices up right.

probably should get rob to change the base cals to reflect the table type 8.
    I can't find any MAP tables type 5 or 6 in T-LM v10?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    I can't find any MAP tables type 5 or 6 in T-LM v10?
    damn, i hate it when the dyslexia flares up! don't know where i got the lm10 version i had that had those tables set up that way.

anyhow, bakes - send me the cal u r using (u have mail) and i'll see what is happening.

Maybe an older version before I released it...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i had a TLMv10 that forced me to click on popups 10 times and manually check the 3-bar values before you did the 2.5L updates.

i went to recreate the situation that bakes had last night and it wouldnt do it.

brian

turbo addict

damn, i hate it when the dyslexia flares up! don't know where i got the lm10 version i had that had those tables set up that way.

anyhow, bakes - send me the cal u r using (u have mail) and i'll see what is happening.
    Im sorry i deleated it, was getting tired ,thought i make a new on in the AM when i wasn't so tired..

hmmm i was looking at the fueling setup and changed some things and went back to the running fuel values and clicked the "afr's" checkbox.

what appears on the screen doesnt make sense to me for some reason. it shows the afr being crazy lean when i know it shouldnt show that based on the table values.

any tips on this deal? oh... i changed the values in that WOT fueling setup column to make sense on what i would want. like 14.7 in vac, 12.0ish at low boost and tapering to 11.0:1 in the real high boost ranges.

i know alot of us liked the "green line" of Chem2. is that feature enabled and i dont see it?

thanks

Brian

i'll look at the chem2 stuff. i never used chem2 so what did the "green" line represent?

which cal template are you using? if its an lm one there might be something whacked out. isn't the fueling calculated differently for the lm stuff (see post 106)

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

i'll look at the chem2 stuff. i never used chem2 so what did the "green" line represent?

which cal template are you using? if its an lm one there might be something whacked out. isn't the fueling calculated differently for the lm stuff (see post 106)
    The green line was there as a suggestion for the fuel requirements. I found that if I got the pumping table set right the fueling tables fell right on the green line. It was a pretty nice tool to have. IIRC Rob did the math for it?

yes the fueling is different as far as the hexidecimal code looks compared to the SMEC. its 2x the value of a SMEC.

any chance you could add a checkbox halve the requirements for LM cals.... something i could click to change that math?

the green line in chem2 represents what you have to align the fuelfullthrottle, fuelpartthrottle, and fuelnothrottle tables to achieve the values that were input into the fuel setup chart for no throttle, fullthrottle, and partthrottle.

if your line of AFR's shows what afr the calculated running fuel curves would be theoretically set to, thats fine for me... as long as there is a SMEC/LM toggle. no green line would be needed at that point as far as im concerned.

brian

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    The green line was there as a suggestion for the fuel requirements. I found that if I got the pumping table set right the fueling tables fell right on the green line. It was a pretty nice tool to have. IIRC Rob did the math for it?
    youre supposed to set those tables to the green line first and then tune the pumping efficiency table.

Brian

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    yes the fueling is different as far as the hexidecimal code looks compared to the SMEC. its 2x the value of a SMEC.

any chance you could add a checkbox halve the requirements for LM cals.... something i could click to change that math?

the green line in chem2 represents what you have to align the fuelfullthrottle, fuelpartthrottle, and fuelnothrottle tables to achieve the values that were input into the fuel setup chart for no throttle, fullthrottle, and partthrottle.

if your line of AFR's shows what afr the calculated running fuel curves would be theoretically set to, thats fine for me... as long as there is a SMEC/LM toggle. no green line would be needed at that point as far as im concerned.

brian
    I found the green line to be a nice visual personally, but concede the fact that the AFR display does the job too.

i fired up my version of zchem but didn't find a green line. i'll look tomorrow at the version i have at work.

HOWEVER, i did find a couple things i changed that i'll upload tomorrow. 1) the afr line "assumed" the y max value for display at 49152. i see the lm uses 24576. i changed the code to just look at the y max value from the table and use that (which i should have done from the beginning!!). anyhow, it makes the afr line make alot more sense. 2) compiling the lm 10 code resulted in a "bad" calx table that chem2 wouldn't read due to some descriptions having an ampersand (&) in them. i changed the code to replace the ampersand with the words "_and_".

also, i'll review the code to figure out how to best handle the lm fuel stuff. should be relatively straight forward. the yellow afr line is the theoretical afrs based off a calculation i got from rob's spreadsheet. thanks for the feedback.

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

10% of all males are red green color blind. So don't use red or green please.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

ok went to disassemble the 87 csx stage 2 cal with MP tuner and it created an assembly file. then i went to compile from the assembly file created and it gave me a whole slew of errors.

what i wanted was a more complete table file of the stock cal.

i wish i had a more complete one for the stock 89 T2 setup as well.

brian

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast