'89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Re: MPTuner

ok after downloading the turbonator t3 file i try to open it and start over fresh and i keep getting this crash, sorry its sideways, tried to fix that but fail.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0560.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	391.8 KB 
ID:	56492
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

ok figured it out. since this laptop runs win8.1, i had to set program compatability to win7 and it opens files now
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

ok after browsing double'ds idle issue thread I noticed some helpfull info about the cal config options tab on how to manually turn on the turbonator functions and it now works again although it doesn't work to well. At part throttle the 2step works but with heavy throttle it revs to high and makes the rev window to long so the turbo won't spool much.. maybe some tweaking will make it better. FYI I manually checked the step limiter and have it set to the cruise set switch. I set the off to 4k rpms and the on to 3600 then tried 3800. problem so far is it'll hit 4k the first time and go down in rpms but upon hitting the rpm on setting (3600 as an example ) it'll rev back up but passes 4k and goes to 5k then bogs back down to 3600 and repeats. I have an msd dis-2 with 2step but no room for it unless it goes under the drivers seat..trying really hard to not use it but may end up doing so..
    Turbo Joe

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: MPTune

I think i only used about 150rpm (or about whatever could be set) spread on mine, but 89 smec.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

ok cool Wayne, I'll try to adjust that tomorrow since it's kinda late to be throwing revs. does your limiter hold it to the desired limit or go past it?
    Turbo Joe

Mines an auto, so that may make some difference. But it does prevent the revs from going past the setpoint.
    You can hear it in some of Mini's videos on youtube.
    Search "SlugmobileMeanMini" if your interested in viewing them.

Last time out i set it up to about 3300.
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

i'm getting the hang of MPTune now but a question I have is can I adjust a block of cells at the same time? and is there a way to increase or decrease the cell value without typing in a number, i.e. using like a + or - key of sorts like in F.A.S.T.?
    Turbo Joe

When you are looking at a certain map, the plotted points can be clicked on, and then they will highlight that point. You can then use the curser arrows to move the point, or you can click and drag.
    Wayne H.

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    When you are looking at a certain map, the plotted points can be clicked on, and then they will highlight that point. You can then use the curser arrows to move the point, or you can click and drag.
    thanks man, but I was talking about the maps for the sbec1 T3.. they are 3d maps, there are some settings that use the scale point system but in the fuel and spark maps, there are individual cells to adjust
    Turbo Joe

No problem.
    I'm no expert, still learning too. The 3d timing map in the smec intimidates me!
    Wayne H.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    i'm getting the hang of MPTune now but a question I have is can I adjust a block of cells at the same time? and is there a way to increase or decrease the cell value without typing in a number, i.e. using like a + or - key of sorts like in F.A.S.T.?
    joe - up until now there has been limited tuning that i know of using the 3d tables so not much has been done by me in months as far as feature updates. you can highlight a range of cells (click and drag the mouse), right click and copy the cells and then paste them into a spreadsheet to adjust if you want. then copy the spreadsheet cells back into the mptune 3d grid. if you wanted to use the +/- keys in a cell what do you suggest as an increment size (.1, 1, 5)? could be a problem if some grids use large increments and others small. ]

lmk any suggestions.

morris
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    if you wanted to use the +/- keys in a cell what do you suggest as an increment size (.1, 1, 5)? could be a problem if some grids use large increments and others small. ]

lmk any suggestions. morris
    I would love to have a .1 or .5 would be fine.. heck at this point a solid 1 would be fine too for increments when highliting a block of cells.. thats one feature about FAST that I love cause you can highlite a group of cells that your working on quickly and if you needed more fuel just +or less fuel - that group evenly while total values are still different allowing you to still keep peaks where needed in your map. honestly thats probibly all you could realistically add cause of the way the code is wrote. programs like ECM Link and hondata and FAST, AEM, Newer haltech software are all just that, newer code made to be able to be managed in a realtime 3d manor unlike our caveman code.
    Turbo Joe

thinking a minute more about it a whole 1 increment would probly be the easist way to do it since some groups use different sizing methods like some cells will round off to the closest value that fits..that feature would make it super easy for those trying to get a tune close enough then fine tune wouldn't be bad at all cause it would be smaller cell groups.
    Turbo Joe

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

ok - i'll see what i can do.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

OMG what in the hell did I do? every cal I try to open gives me this error. I even tried to uninstall MP Tune then reinstall but I still get the same error. I CAN'T lose my cal.. last thing I remember was I was in MP Tune trying to see where the wideband settings and what not are and I clicked show -psi in InHg but I didn't see any changes and accidently closed mptune instead of that cal and now I can't open anything...PLEASE HELP !!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0572.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	56708
    Turbo Joe

You do still have your previous version saved though, right?
    Do you at least remember your last adjustments?
    For me I'm trying to keep a notepad log of my changes between my cal versions. Otherwise i would never remember.
    Wayne H.

only have one file and its on the laptop, but I even tried to open other cals I have and I got the same error message so it's something in MPtune and re-installing didn't help me. thinking the pc remembered my setting I screwed up and defeated the point.
    Turbo Joe

I don't know how to help. I have not seen that error. Looks like Morris has some info there to help though, but i don't know what it means.
    In the /Application Data/MPTune/mpterrors file, is there any information?
    Wayne H.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I don't know about that error message at all, but I do know that keeping a log of each change you make is essential. I even note the weather while testing in the log. It makes for unbelievable gains in drivability and trouble shooting.