Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1331

Thread: MPTuner

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPTuner

player1up - i found the issue. i had failed to load all the modular chip programs up to my ftp site. duh! so now when you run the new version it will download 14 or so new files when you exit the program. hopefully it will then work the second time. sorry. thanks for the post.

*edit*
    also, vista and above users should no longer have to deal with the UAC prompts for normal (non updating) access. btw, the updating log file is stored in the same location as the mptune.exe program (normally C:\Program Files (x86)\MP Suite\MPTune) called MPUpdateLog1.txt. additionally when you read/write a chip a couple other log files are created which shows activity and other informative info (normally in the C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\MPTune directory) including mpt2boot.txt (detail regarding data read from / sent to chip) and mpt2coms.txt (identification of com ports on the pc).
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Hybrid booster

ok cool. I'll try out flashing in the next couple of days. I have a new pc that I'm installing onto so I started with the download from the site.
    The MPUpdateLog1.txt in the program files directory shows "No files to update based on current control file".

FYI: The update works like a charm! Flashes just fine.

One thing I'll point out. For those connecting through a proxy, the update may not work depending on where you're connected to the internet.
    New laptop setup was pretty simple. Install the drivers for the BB cable ( FTDI VCP drivers ), install MPTune, launch and close to update and all is good.
    Last edited by player1up; 02-07-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Haven't got a new laptop yet, but did get a new desktop with Windows 8.1 on it. Just loaded MP Tune on it, works good. Had to go to Moates website and follow the link trail to the driver download for the Burn2 before MP-T would recognize it. Haven't tried burning a chip yet but should work fine.

I did notice the maximize button is gone for the open cal window. Sad face
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    I did notice the maximize button is gone for the open cal window. Sad face
    ?? - shouldn't be.....

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    ?? - shouldn't be.....
    You're right, it's still there. After the update I didn't see it, but apparently I had it scrolled up or something where I couldn't see it. Got it now, thanks.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

How do you make a .tpl from a .bin file? I have a cal I pulled of a chip that I want to look at.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

if you have (or can find) an old dcal .tbl file also that matches the bin then you can select "update to ver 2" under the miscellaneous tab. if you don't you'll need to wait for rob to jump in and help. alot of the old .tbl files were not complete and were pretty limited in table definitions.

Well this is actually a cal I made using MPT2 and T-LMv13, but I made it on my old computer that died and wasn't able to retrieve any files from. So all I have is the .bin off the chip.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

did you add or delete any points from any tables in the cal that the bin was made from? if NOT, then i would load up the original t-lmv13 tpl you used, compile it, copy or rename the .mpt file that is created to the SAME name that the bin you want to use is, and then try loading it up in mpt2. again, you need a bin file and a mpt file with the same name, e.g. goodbin.bin and goodbin.mpt. give it a shot. if it works you could then copy all the table info from this new cal to an original template file.

the last version i uploaded today added the gear calculator as well as theoretical shift points based on torque numbers. check it out...

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Damn, going to have to learn all this again, lol.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

cool !!!!

i still want to mod the torque grid so you can save multiple dyno setups. it would be great if there were some "stock" type dyno figures for a 2.2, 2.4(?) and 2.5 that i could have already setup, along with maybe some generics that have a basic mod done, e.g. stock at 17psi.

i still want to mod the torque grid so you can save multiple dyno setups. it would be great if there were some "stock" type dyno figures for a 2.2, 2.4(?) and 2.5 that i could have already setup, along with maybe some generics that have a basic mod done, e.g. stock at 17psi.
    last version released has the ability to save multiple torque curves.

turbo addict

Re: MPTune

I have been thinking of something, when I am modifying Cal's, I modify the tpl file, then compile, then open the bin, then flash. Is there any way that is quicker to get from the compile to the flash? Possible that the flash button could be there on the tpl, just have mptune automatically compile before the flash?
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

I think I just hit a bug, I tried to copy and paste a table, and when I pasted it, it closed the program completely.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    I think I just hit a bug, I tried to copy and paste a table, and when I pasted it, it closed the program completely.
    i would agree can you give me (or pm me) the specific details of what you were doing to get it to bomb out? e.g. copying which table from which cal to which cal, etc. couple screen shots maybe. were you able to recreate the error process? it's weird it didn't give you some sort of message...

i would agree can you give me (or pm me) the specific details of what you were doing to get it to bomb out? e.g. copying which table from which cal to which cal, etc. couple screen shots maybe. were you able to recreate the error process? it's weird it didn't give you some sort of message...
    Well, now it seems to be working fine I was trying to copy the KnockVoltageFromRpm in T-SMEC. Haven't tried that table again yet, but I just did it with a DecelFuel table and it worked fine.

Maybe I just something tabbed or selected without noticing....
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Has there been any more thought into allowing a difference of two total timing tables so you can see where one is higher or lower than another? I would love that feature.

posted an update. not much changed for most users. check the version history. this was compiled with a newer version of visual studio under win10 so let me know if you experience any issues.