Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1331

Thread: MPTuner

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPTuner

new version posted - read the version history file for new stuff. also, post 1 has some info on the turbo sizing feature.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

turbo addict

Is there anyway to get this to stop coming up? without changing my security settings
    It comes up every time i open MPTune

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warning.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	45214

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

I think Morris would have to pay a ransom to Microsoft before they'll say it's ok, and since this program is free.... I don't think so!

Even the enterprises software I use at work does this, so I suspect it's either a laborious process, and/or is prohibitively expensive.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    I think Morris would have to pay a ransom to Microsoft before they'll say it's ok, and since this program is free.... I don't think so!

Even the enterprises software I use at work does this, so I suspect it's either a laborious process, and/or is prohibitively expensive.

Mike
    I figured something like that , but i thought i would ask. Thanks

posted new version of mptune2 that reenables the atmel SDP routines in the bootloader. also noticed that i had fubared big time the auto updater in the last version. fortunately was able to tweak the control file so it should continue to auto update hopefully. i'll set it back to normal in a month or so.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor turbo84voyager's Avatar

I am having a problem with the FDTI cable and MP Tuner. The cable is recognized by windows but when I open MP Tune it states No valid port exists. Has anyone come across this problem and if so how can I resolve it? Thanks!
    Justin
    84 Plymouth Voyager LE 2.5 Intercooled Turbo 5-spd - Only 84 Turbo Van!
    89 Dodge Caravan ES 2.4 SRT-4 Intercooled Turbo (46 trim, OS Valves, CP Pistons, Eagle Rods, NPR IC) Built 31th trans
    91 Dodge Shadow Convertible 2.5 Intercooled Turbo A555 5-spd
    01 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.8 supercharged! Only 5K miles....
    01 Subaru Forester - Daily Driver
    07 Yamaha FJR 1300 140+ HP on 2 wheels
    85 Honda Nighthawk 450
    94 Bobcat 763 Skidloader 2.2 Kubota Diesel
    SV-SDAC Member

i need to confirm if others are using mptune successfully with the ftdi cable or if it is busted somehow. all my test stuff works so i'm hoping the failures noted above are strictly hardware issues and not software.

turbo84voyager - worst case try uninstalling mptune2 and reinstalling.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Two quick questions. #1 If read my cal threw my moates burner will it display my cal info in MpTune? #2 When I switch from a LM to Smec..... Can I just change from a Lm to Smec in the settings and keep my cal info?. I got a new Laptop and lost all my cal info and notes I had saved for over a year.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    i need to confirm if others are using mptune successfully with the ftdi cable or if it is busted somehow. all my test stuff works so i'm hoping the failures noted above are strictly hardware issues and not software.

turbo84voyager - worst case try uninstalling mptune2 and reinstalling.
    It works for me on both my benchtop and in my car. SMEC and SBEC both. Also FCC.

But, I do occasionally get an error popup that tells me the baudrate and how many bytes went each way. It almost seems like it's trying to send the data to quickly when that happens. I just re-start the process and it usually works fine the 2nd time. Not a big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=speedfreek500;1011589]Two quick questions. #1 If read my cal threw my moates burner will it display my cal info in MpTune? [QUOTE]

Not automatically. You'll need to find a definition file (*.mpt) that matches your cal.

#2 When I switch from a LM to Smec..... Can I just change from a Lm to Smec in the settings and keep my cal info?.
    No. You will have to make a new cal using a SMEC template.

I got a new Laptop and lost all my cal info and notes I had saved for over a year.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post

But, I do occasionally get an error popup that tells me the baudrate and how many bytes went each way. It almost seems like it's trying to send the data to quickly when that happens. I just re-start the process and it usually works fine the 2nd time. Not a big deal.

thx. rob - maybe you've already sent me a copy of that message but when it happens again post it up for me.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor turbo84voyager's Avatar

It found the cable today. Maybe I just needed to restart the PC. I am going to erase the eeprom on a friends car this week so I will report back if I have any problems. Thanks!
    Justin
    84 Plymouth Voyager LE 2.5 Intercooled Turbo 5-spd - Only 84 Turbo Van!
    89 Dodge Caravan ES 2.4 SRT-4 Intercooled Turbo (46 trim, OS Valves, CP Pistons, Eagle Rods, NPR IC) Built 31th trans
    91 Dodge Shadow Convertible 2.5 Intercooled Turbo A555 5-spd
    01 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.8 supercharged! Only 5K miles....
    01 Subaru Forester - Daily Driver
    07 Yamaha FJR 1300 140+ HP on 2 wheels
    85 Honda Nighthawk 450
    94 Bobcat 763 Skidloader 2.2 Kubota Diesel
    SV-SDAC Member

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

I don't know if this has been brought up before and I don't want to go through 52 pages trying to find out so I'll just ask. Is there a particular reason the fuel tables are in microseconds (uSec) instead of a millisecond (ms)? The top half of the scale isn't even used with factory 33 pph injectors and it gets harder to adjust down low the larger you go with your injectors. Our computers work on milliseconds and scan tools and lab scopes display milliseconds so it seems overkill to be adjusting in microseconds. Is there any way to get it to display and adjust in milliseconds?

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I don't know if this has been brought up before and I don't want to go through 52 pages trying to find out so I'll just ask. Is there a particular reason the fuel tables are in microseconds (uSec) instead of a millisecond (ms)? The top half of the scale isn't even used with factory 33 pph injectors and it gets harder to adjust down low the larger you go with your injectors. Our computers work on milliseconds and scan tools and lab scopes display milliseconds so it seems overkill to be adjusting in microseconds. Is there any way to get it to display and adjust in milliseconds?
    Actually, the computer calculates in uSeconds. It just gets displayed in milliseconds because its more common.

Its easy enough to change in the template, but requires some hand editing of the file.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Its easy enough to change in the template, but requires some hand editing of the file.
    Is this something someone with limited to no computer programing skills can accomplish or is wowzer going to have to do it and put out another version?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

I like the idea of a finer adjustment (micro), but see the utility in most adjustments being done on the larger scale .... perhaps if it was made to do 500micro/.5 milliseconds adjustments?

Thoughts?

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

I like the idea of a finer adjustment (micro), but see the utility in most adjustments being done on the larger scale .... perhaps if it was made to do 500micro/.5 milliseconds adjustments?

Thoughts?

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Is this something someone with limited to no computer programing skills can accomplish or is wowzer going to have to do it and put out another version?
    No, it's in the template (.tpl) file. I'm on my phone right now. Too hard to look it up, but I'll post later what you have to change.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post

Thoughts?

Mike
    It's not so much the finer adjustments, it's the fact my scale is squished at the bottom quarter of the table and the upper three quarter aren't used. If I could stretch my scale out it would be easier to adjust. When I'm tuning I like to have a copy behind it because when I click on a point it usually moves it. With it being squished down at the bottom I can't see the point behind and it just makes things harder and take longer for a simple adjustment.

No, it's in the template (.tpl) file. I'm on my phone right now. Too hard to look it up, but I'll post later what you have to change.
    Thanks Rob. Also I'm going to be contacting you soon about a couple of Doubleplays. A local friend of mine wants one too so I want to order ours together to save on shipping.

Re: MPTune

Changing the scale from uSec to mSec won't affect the max display. I'm not sure if there's a way to adjust that.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Changing the scale from uSec to mSec won't affect the max display. I'm not sure if there's a way to adjust that.
    That's why I think it's a programing issue that wowzer would have to address.

turbo addict

. When I'm tuning I like to have a copy behind it because when I click on a point it usually moves it. With it being squished down at the bottom I can't see the point behind and it just makes things harder and take longer for a simple adjustment.

That's one thing I miss about using D-dcal. The way the lines and points looked allowed you to match an existing cal in the backround exactly by just dragging it or using the arrow keys.