Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1331

Thread: MPTuner

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPTuner

if you do make changes you can press the reset table button and it will take you back to the previous settings. also, as long as you haven't hit save you can always start over.

i'll take a look at making a cal readonly, tho.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    if you do make changes you can press the reset table button and it will take you back to the previous settings. also, as long as you haven't hit save you can always start over.

i'll take a look at making a cal readonly, tho.
    True but I've noticed in some cals some tables are changed and I didn't do it, so I figure I bumped the laptop or the kids did etc, would be nice just to lock it out but yet still have the laptop and MPTune open as right now, as soon as I've done a change, I exit to avoid that happening.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    True but I've noticed in some cals some tables are changed and I didn't do it, so I figure I bumped the laptop or the kids did etc, would be nice just to lock it out but yet still have the laptop and MPTune open as right now, as soon as I've done a change, I exit to avoid that happening.
    windows+'L' button locks the computer...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Don't think my laptop has that, I"ll check. Thanks.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Don't think my laptop has that, I"ll check. Thanks.
    Jeez, how old is it? Every PC i've seen since about 2000 has that button. It's right in between the 'ctrl' and 'alt' buttons...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Its a few years old, just use it for tuning and watching video's.

turbovanman - i'll set it up so you can have a program setting to default to either locked or unlocked when a cal is open and also add a button or something to flip it on or off.

btw - i also got the program to track if you unplug/reinsert the usb cable so you shouldn't have to close the program any more when you switch your ostrich out with the burn2 device. only problem i have at this point is with the ftdi usb cable. no problem tracking the unplug but when you plug it back in it does not properly/timely identify itself to windows so you can't use the specific ftdi commands again to burn. it defaults back to a generic usb cable (which still works ok but it's still wrong!!). maybe there is a problem with the ftdi driver.

Wow, can't thank you enough,

got the lock/unlock feature done. also, was able to figure out what was happening with the ftdi cable "reinsert" problem. turns out that it wasn't an ftdi problem but an issue with the way windows handles usb devices. even tho i could see the ftdi device as a windows usb device almost immediately, it takes the usb system about 5 seconds to "stabilize" before the device is able to be used, at least in win 7. from what i gather, based on the way the system resets the device list, it could take up to 15 seconds or more before the device is usable or is considered "unknown". anyhow, it works.

i'll wait a couple days to see if there is anything else that needs to be done and then release it before the week is out. any other feature requests?

new version posted.

for read only options you need to go into the settings menu and set the default. setting it to true will cause each cal that is opened to initially be locked from editing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ReadOnly1.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	41567

once a cal is opened you can toggle the lock mode by DOUBLE CLICKING on the cal locked status on the status bar.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ReadOnly2.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	41568

Dude, badass, that is awesome,

Thanks to you and Shelgame, we were very popular at Mission, got asked alot tonight what I tune with, explained it and they were soo jealous, they hated their aftermarket setups, tooo complicated.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

ok followed the updated mptune2 link ans downloaded both the program and set up file ran both and the program wont work?? it doesnt open up like v1 used to ..BTW i uninstalled v1 before i got v2..on my task bar mptune shows up but there is no window? i'm running win7 if that matters? any help? I'm used to the F.A.S.T. program so i'm new to this type..
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

anyone help?
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

PM wowzer.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

hi turbo joe - i'll try to help anyway i can.

i just downloaded mptune (not MPTUNER - that's the old version) from the download link and installed it on my win 7 pc and had no problems. the download version is 2.0.3.6 but will update to 2.0.3.8 once you have run the program once and exited. you say it shows in your taskbar but you can't see it on the screen? i hate to ask the obvious but it hasn't been minimized correct? can you post a screen capture? when mptune opens it is basically a blank screen with menu options at the top and a status bar at the bottom. once you open a cal you will see significantly more information. if you continue to have issues just pm me and then we can post the resolution here.

well I'll start out at the beginning as i just unistalled it again and re downloaded it and installed it and got the same thing. when I click the icon on the desktop (short cut link) the program opens a window and I see the red daytona and it says starting MP tune Ver. 2.0.3.6 then the window closes and nothing appears.. just the icon saying the program is opened and running but it actually isn't.. ver.1 worked for me but ver. 2 won't..should i install ver.1 then try to update to ver. 2?
    Turbo Joe

sent ya a pm wowzer
    Turbo Joe

ok got it working.. I have to go to my action bar and right click on the program running and max the window... it won't run in a windowed mode.. gotta be full screen only.
    Turbo Joe

weird. it should run in "normal" mode. when you are in full screen mode and right click on the application bar (the one with the min/close, etc), does it give you the option to choose restore? and if it does, what happens when you choose that? are you sure that in "normal" mode you haven't accidently resized the screen so small that you are overlooking it?

a screen capture might be worth a thousand words if you can get one for me. thx.