Re: MPTuner

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    (T-LM) so, to fix your issue:
    1) open up the lm v10 .asm file
    2) page down until you come to the version == 10 line
    3) enter the following: DataOrg == 0xc000. so the asm should look like:

version == 10
    DataOrg == 0xc000

4) save the file and then recompile. should work now.

rob will need to update his template to include this line.
    Ok this fix worked. now i had the program crash once or twice when i saved a template file and then tried to reopen the same one but i couldnt recreate it..... but that fix did work and i was able to compile just fine.

now for the overlay function. works great! right click on the table you want to be overlayed on another table and hit "Set As Overlay Table" say AdvanceFromMapWarmFull. then go to the table that you want to edit, say AdvanceFromMapWarmPart and click on the checkbox "Overlay On" in the lower right hand corner of the window. Works AWESOME and its quick and easy.

As for the scaling range that I requested.... that will take some getting used to the methodology. Say you want to scale a random table to 2x as large as it was before.... right click on the table name and click "Scale Table" and a window will pop up. heres where it gets tricky. since scaling in MPTuner is done in + and - percent values, scaling something 2x means using 100% for the scaling factor as you are scaling it up by adding 100% more to it. if you want to scale something down by half, you use -50% as the scaling factor.

here is the formula used. new value = value * (100+(scaling factor))/100

I cant wait for the snow to thaw to try some of this new fun stuff on my car.

brian

turbo addict

I love the new overlay feature works great!!

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Are there any plans to work on the 3d tables?
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

how about some way to scale1 bar maps to 2-3 bar maps for 3.0l and all v6's please!

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    how about some way to scale1 bar maps to 2-3 bar maps for 3.0l and all v6's please!
    That can't be done simply in MP Tuner. The V6 is hard-coded to a 1-bar MAP in many places. The code would have to be re-written from scratch to convert to 2- or 3-bar. Because the V6 is a 1-bar system, they never considered MAP as a signed variable. It is always unsigned.

Actually, the easiest thing to do would be to make a hybrid codebase. Use all turbo code for spark, fuel, etc. And V6 for the interrupt routines, AIS, etc. If there was serious demand for something like that, I'd consider trying it. But, I would need the cooperation (and serious dedication) of a V6 guy that really knows the car/engine. But, I think most V6 guys just want a fully developed plug-n-play system. I don't have the means to do that on my own. Megasquirt is probably a simpler solution.

Now, if we somehow got a hold of the development code that Chrysler used when testing the V6 turbo package, then maybe we'd have something....
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Are there any plans to work on the 3d tables?
    the 3d table stuff is already set up in the program. it displays the initial data in a grid and if you double click the grid a 3d graph will open which allows you to select and move a point as well as rotate the graph.

you got mail.

the 3d table stuff is already set up in the program. it displays the initial data in a grid and if you double click the grid a 3d graph will open which allows you to select and move a point as well as rotate the graph.

you got mail.
    hmmm. Looks like you have to "allow edit" before you can double click. I am looking at the simon cal that is posted here. When I look at the AdvanceModifier3DNormal graph it is just blank. There is an error log when you open the bin, maybe it is related.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    hmmm. Looks like you have to "allow edit" before you can double click. I am looking at the simon cal that is posted here. When I look at the AdvanceModifier3DNormal graph it is just blank. There is an error log when you open the bin, maybe it is related.
    ok - i'll try to find the "simon" cal and look at it. did i forget to say that the 3d tables only work if they have been properly set up for mptuner?

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    Ok this fix worked. now i had the program crash once or twice when i saved a template file and then tried to reopen the same one but i couldnt recreate it..... but that fix did work and i was able to compile just fine.

now for the overlay function. works great! right click on the table you want to be overlayed on another table and hit "Set As Overlay Table" say AdvanceFromMapWarmFull. then go to the table that you want to edit, say AdvanceFromMapWarmPart and click on the checkbox "Overlay On" in the lower right hand corner of the window. Works AWESOME and its quick and easy.

As for the scaling range that I requested.... that will take some getting used to the methodology. Say you want to scale a random table to 2x as large as it was before.... right click on the table name and click "Scale Table" and a window will pop up. heres where it gets tricky. since scaling in MPTuner is done in + and - percent values, scaling something 2x means using 100% for the scaling factor as you are scaling it up by adding 100% more to it. if you want to scale something down by half, you use -50% as the scaling factor.

here is the formula used. new value = value * (100+(scaling factor))/100

I cant wait for the snow to thaw to try some of this new fun stuff on my car.

brian
    if that formula/setup is confusing for most it is VERY easy to change it to something else that does make sense. lmk.

2022 Viper runs 9s

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

if that formula/setup is confusing for most it is VERY easy to change it to something else that does make sense. lmk.
    it would be easier to have it be straight percentage rather than negative numbers.

like 1% scales it down to 1% of the original. and 100% does nothing. and 200% scales it 2x. that makes the most sense. oh and if we can scale based on non integers that would be nice too. like 56.7895 and stuff like that. at least 4 decimal places if not more.

thanks

also, whats that "Val" entry in the scaling window?

Brian

it would be easier to have it be straight percentage rather than negative numbers.

like 1% scales it down to 1% of the original. and 100% does nothing. and 200% scales it 2x. that makes the most sense. oh and if we can scale based on non integers that would be nice too. like 56.7895 and stuff like that. at least 4 decimal places if not more.

thanks

also, whats that "Val" entry in the scaling window?

Brian

that makes alot of sense BUT i'll wait for a little more input before changing. also, val stands for Value. i must have inadvertantly backspaced over it. this allows you to put in a fixed adjustment versus percentage. I am going to change the heading to "fixed amount". also, with the change i made last week to the % scaling stuff i messed up and changed the fixed amount range also.
    Last edited by wowzer; 01-12-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    That can't be done simply in MP Tuner. The V6 is hard-coded to a 1-bar MAP in many places. The code would have to be re-written from scratch to convert to 2- or 3-bar. Because the V6 is a 1-bar system, they never considered MAP as a signed variable. It is always unsigned.

Actually, the easiest thing to do would be to make a hybrid codebase. Use all turbo code for spark, fuel, etc. And V6 for the interrupt routines, AIS, etc. If there was serious demand for something like that, I'd consider trying it. But, I would need the cooperation (and serious dedication) of a V6 guy that really knows the car/engine. But, I think most V6 guys just want a fully developed plug-n-play system. I don't have the means to do that on my own. Megasquirt is probably a simpler solution.

Now, if we somehow got a hold of the development code that Chrysler used when testing the V6 turbo package, then maybe we'd have something....
    I guarantee Bakes would be your guinea pig,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post

i really dont want a plug a play I have two projects that are sbec based a 95 4.0l XJ going holset and a my 94 3.ol v6 A604 GTC vert that is going to get twin to3's . the vert just has to much running off the sbec to go stand alone
    im willing to pay someone to help crack the code

and yes i know car and motors and how to tune just not the codes that run them

that makes alot of sense BUT i'll wait for a little more input before changing. also, val stands for Value. i must have inadvertantly backspaced over it. this allows you to put in a fixed adjustment versus percentage. I am going to change the heading to "fixed amount". also, with the change i made last week to the % scaling stuff i messed up and changed the fixed amount range also.
    so the Value based scaling would add or subtract a certain amount of whatever axis value is defined?

so say you had a pumping efficiency table that the y axis is from 0-100%. so if you used -50 as your value in the "Val" location, it would subtract 50 from every point in the table lowering it down?

or take something like a boost allowed table you could subtract 5 psi from the entire table? that sounds pretty cool.

am i understanding?

Brian

so the Value based scaling would add or subtract a certain amount of whatever axis value is defined?

so say you had a pumping efficiency table that the y axis is from 0-100%. so if you used -50 as your value in the "Val" location, it would subtract 50 from every point in the table lowering it down?

or take something like a boost allowed table you could subtract 5 psi from the entire table? that sounds pretty cool.

am i understanding?

Brian
    almost - i had it set up originally to work just on the raw data, i.e. if the underlying x value is 240 and you subtract 10, the new value is 230, IRREGARDLESS of the scale. I think your suggestion is much more intuitive using the actual axis scaling as the interval versus 0-255. so if the x axis is 0 to 8192 rpm (underlying x = 0 to 255) then a -100 would adjust each point down 100 rpm instead of reducing the x value by 100 raw.

so - the fixes currently for 1.0.4 are:

1-limited checking for multiple monitors on startup to fix initial display location
    2-% scaling range is >0 to <=400
    3-% scaling range precision increased to 4 decimal places
    4-fixed scaling range is based on axis display values versus raw data

i also fixed a graph display problem for the 3d graphs (which most people don't care amount at this time) if the point was dragged way off the chart.

others?

sounds cool.

Brian

Hybrid booster

I was trying to burn a v16 t-smec ghead 2.5 cal. My mptuner loads, edits, compiles with no errors, and programs to the chip just fine. The car starts and idles perfect. BUT once i give a little gas, the lights flicker and the engine cuts in and out rapidly. Also it does it with the key on engine off, and i can hear the fuel pump priming and its like the key ignition is turning off and on very fast. This only happens when i press on the gas pedal, slow or fast. Did i do something wrong? I burned the same cal but v15 t-smec with d-cal and ive been running it for a month already.

Also i tried the mptrace after i compiled the cal. There was a warning saying the .lst file is invalid or it hasnt been compiled using mp compile or something along those lines. Well since there was no errors after the compile and the mptrace was for debugging, i went ahead and just burned the chip.

Any ideas?

Travis

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Did you try the spark-based rev limiter by chance? It doesn't work and does about what you described...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

Well i remember that it didnt work so i didnt check it. I made 2 versions of the cal and they both didnt have the spark based limiter checked. Pretty much all i did was add the antilag and staging limiter using criuse on/off switch, and change it for manual trans. But i did the same with v15 with d-cal and it all good. Just wondering if its mptuner related, operator error, or what?

Travis

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast