Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: MPTuner

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: MPTuner

Larger and better resolution. You could probably write a decent editor for the iPhone. But, I don't know C well enough. And, then, how do you interface an iPhone with a car? Does it have a cable available? I suppose you could flash it over bluetooth if you got a BT-Serial adapter and wired it in to the SMEC...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Larger and better resolution. You could probably write a decent editor for the iPhone. But, I don't know C well enough. And, then, how do you interface an iPhone with a car? Does it have a cable available? I suppose you could flash it over bluetooth if you got a BT-Serial adapter and wired it in to the SMEC...
    Interesting,

Something to look into.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Larger and better resolution. You could probably write a decent editor for the phone. But, I don't know C well enough. And, then, how do you interface an iPhone with a car? Does it have a cable available? I suppose you could flash it over blue tooth if you got a BTU-Serial adapter and wired it in to the SMEC...
    As for Simon and I we both are running ostrich 2 ( some had bluetooth ) so it would be possible to make changes that way

Hybrid booster

Well Innovate has an iphone integration with datalogger already, altho its for obd2 only But the way the iphone is coming up in the world, its probaby the next best idea to try out!

Travis

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i ran into an issue with MPTuner when trying to scale a non-turbonator LM table with it. it wouldnt let me scale more than -50 or +50%.

Brian

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

sounds neat

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    i ran into an issue with MPTuner when trying to scale a non-turbonator LM table with it. it wouldnt let me scale more than -50 or +50%.

Brian
    by design. i limited it to +-50%. didn't ever think a table would be scaled by even that much!! sorry. i suppose you could scale it 2 or more times

i suppose i could have scaled it by -11% rather than scaling it to 89% of the original. all i was doing was knocking back a table a little.

either way works now that i think about it. it just takes a little getting used to differences in programs.

Brian

hey can i request a feature mod to the program?

I like to compare the part throttle and full throttle timing and fuel (hotmap, wotmap, maptbl and wottbl) as an overlay and i always have to save the file as a different name and change the table names to swap the part and full throttle tables and then load them as a comparison to compare the part and full throttle fuel. that way i can make the tables the same past 5psi to help prevent knock if the throttle is lifted slightly at high boost.

any chance you can make a comparison function that takes the current loaded full throttle map based tables (timing and fuel) and overlay them on the part throttle tables so that the part throttle tables can be exactly matched to the full throttle over 5psi?

that would be amazing if that could be done.

thanks

Brian

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I like to compare the part throttle and full throttle timing and fuel (hotmap, wotmap, maptbl and wottbl) as an overlay and i always have to save the file as a different name and change the table names to swap the part and full throttle tables and then load them as a comparison to compare the part and full throttle fuel. that way i can make the tables the same past 5psi to help prevent knock if the throttle is lifted slightly at high boost.

any chance you can make a comparison function that takes the current loaded full throttle map based tables (timing and fuel) and overlay them on the part throttle tables so that the part throttle tables can be exactly matched to the full throttle over 5psi?

thanks

Brian
    That would be nice. I always use another D-cal window to just get the hex values and put them in the original. Either way it is a pain.

turbo addict

+1 to that idea!

ok having some problems.

went to make a 2.2L cal based on T-LM V10.

opened up the template, scaled map stuff, scaled injector stuff, loaded a comparison, moved some points to match, added some points here and there, manually went through every table and checked values and selected 3-bar selections (as it wont do it when scaling), selected config values, turned off cel masking for most known errors and then saved the template, overwriting the original.

then i went to compile and it asked me for the .asm and then the .v10 template, then calls up the assembler and then stops with a "major error" of this:

Quote Originally Posted by MPTuner
    ?ASxxxx-Error-< > in line 79 of C:\MPTuner\cals\*NameEdited*\TurbonatorLMv10\T-LM_22_MTX_A171_T2.v10
    <u> undefined symbol encountered during assembly
    if i unzip T-LM V10 into a folder and only compile without making any changes, it works. as soon as i make a change to the template before compiling, it gives me an error. i remember when i made only 1 change to one single point in the peftbl the error line was 78 and not 79.

other issues:

limiting scaling injectors to 95 lb? E85 can easily exceed 120lb injector because of the flow rate needed. then again, i have to fake the scaling process so scaling for 120lb actually means scaling to 92.4 when scaling for e85. but for a gas application with a 16v head (or reeves) 95lb can be easily exceeded.

lots of temp values have no axes defined and i assume that is because they arent defined in the template?

also, rev limits dont seem to be handled correctly like in Chem2. reversing the axis values from 0-8192 to 8192-0 doesnt seem to be correct either.

there might be an error in the table name OverboostShutoffBa.wordastegate . it looks like some of the coding got copied into the name. dunno if that caused problems elsewhere.

i cannot yet get away from using 2-3 programs to make a cal. its getting there though

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    That would be nice. I always use another D-cal window to just get the hex values and put them in the original. Either way it is a pain.
    i cant just copy them over as i do some moving around of the part throttle points so its not such a fuel hit as the boost approaches 5psi. i need to visually see it.

lots of temp values have no axes defined and i assume that is because they arent defined in the template?
    That's because of the template. T-LM was based on BB60, and it was not as fully documented as my own dis-assembly of the '89 T1 code. So, there is some missing data. It's on my list of things to do to finish out the LM dis-assembly, but it's lower on the priority list.

also, rev limits dont seem to be handled correctly like in Chem2. reversing the axis values from 0-8192 to 8192-0 doesnt seem to be correct either.
    I didn't realize CHeM2 did anything special with the rev limits. Are they scaled differently? I didn't change anything with repect to the table info. Maybe the definitions are different from CHeM to CHeM2. I'll look into that tonight.

there might be an error in the table name OverboostShutoffBa.wordastegate . it looks like some of the coding got copied into the name. dunno if that caused problems elsewhere.
    Thanks for pointing that out - I fixed it now and I'll post it with the update I'm working on. I don't think it would cuase any problems except when editing the table. It should have still compiled correclty. (I think)
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

ok having some problems.

went to make a 2.2L cal based on T-LM V10.

opened up the template, scaled map stuff, scaled injector stuff, loaded a comparison, moved some points to match, added some points here and there, manually went through every table and checked values and selected 3-bar selections (as it wont do it when scaling), selected config values, turned off cel masking for most known errors and then saved the template, overwriting the original.

then i went to compile and it asked me for the .asm and then the .v10 template, then calls up the assembler and then stops with a "major error" of this:

if i unzip T-LM V10 into a folder and only compile without making any changes, it works. as soon as i make a change to the template before compiling, it gives me an error. i remember when i made only 1 change to one single point in the peftbl the error line was 78 and not 79.

other issues:

limiting scaling injectors to 95 lb? E85 can easily exceed 120lb injector because of the flow rate needed. then again, i have to fake the scaling process so scaling for 120lb actually means scaling to 92.4 when scaling for e85. but for a gas application with a 16v head (or reeves) 95lb can be easily exceeded.

i cannot yet get away from using 2-3 programs to make a cal. its getting there though
    here is the easy fix for the compiling error. I (unfortunately) set up mptuner to work with the smec stuff and not the lm stuff so i ASSUME certain things. one of the assumptions is that the .asm file needs a dataorg statement, and if one does not exist it will create one. so, to fix your issue:
    1) open up the lm v10 .asm file
    2) page down until you come to the version == 10 line
    3) enter the following: DataOrg == 0xc000. so the asm should look like:

version == 10
    DataOrg == 0xc000

4) save the file and then recompile. should work now.

rob will need to update his template to include this line.

as far as the scaling limits i will up the range. Suggestions on what the max should be (for now!)?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

thanks

Brian
    + infinity,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

thanks

Brian
    you've got mail!

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Will this not work with ladybug or blueberry code?
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Will this not work with ladybug or blueberry code?
    So far as I'm aware that is correct. You will need to use the updated version of TLM or TSMEC.

It should work fine - with an assembled version of BB or LB with an appropriate .tbl file. But, it will not edit the source code of either. If they were converted to the 'template' listing style, then they could be made to work.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast