Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I would suggest JAVA instead.
    hmmm NO
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

Re: MPTuner

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I would suggest JAVA instead.
    Frank just curious what would adding java give you ?

turbo addict

cool i just found you can run multiple comparisons (+3)at the same time
    the more i use it the more i find and like

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

looking good.

a few things to comment on/request.

any chance we can get more decimal place values? when a PEFTBL is from 0-1 rather than from 0-100%, there is only one decimal place for the value which makes it quite hard to know what exact value you are using.

also... with the snapping of the mouse. i find that if i am holding the mouse and hitting the pgup or pgdn keys and i accidentally move the mouse, it makes the point move even though i wasnt clicking the mouse.

is there provision for a "no edit" feature in d-cal so you cant change the points?

last but not least, how do you add additional points once the calbration is loaded?

thanks

Brian

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

It would allow you to use any platform to create cals... windows, linux, mac, handhelds, etc.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    looking good.

a few things to comment on/request.

any chance we can get more decimal place values? when a PEFTBL is from 0-1 rather than from 0-100%, there is only one decimal place for the value which makes it quite hard to know what exact value you are using.

also... with the snapping of the mouse. i find that if i am holding the mouse and hitting the pgup or pgdn keys and i accidentally move the mouse, it makes the point move even though i wasnt clicking the mouse.

is there provision for a "no edit" feature in d-cal so you cant change the points?

last but not least, how do you add additional points once the calbration is loaded?

thanks

Brian
    +1 to all of the above, especially the scale.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

aries_turbo:

1) can u list a cal i can look at that uses the peftbl from 0 to 1 so i can address your comment. r u talking about the x/y values display?

2) it sounds like u r using version 1.0.0. i updated the program last week to 1.0.1 to fix the snapping problem (i thought). make sure u have 1.0.1 since i can't reproduce the problem.

3) i'll put it on the update list to prevent edits to data via a menu choice or something.

4) u add/delete points by selecting a point on the graph and then pressing insert or delete. (i think it says that in the help file )

i'll wait a bit to see if there are more changes i can add before i update again. thanks for the feed back.

oh ya. - i'll look at the java stuff but i'll tell ya up front i have NEVER programmed it. my goal with version 2 is to code it in something others can relatively easily take over if needed. maybe there is a bigger pool of java people in this community than vb.net or vc++. i'm open to it (maybe!)
    Last edited by wowzer; 12-14-2009 at 01:29 AM.

1) turbonator LM v10 template has 0-1 rather than 0-100%. i suppose i could change the scale from 0-1 to 0-100 but id still like to see at least 2 decimal places on the X and Y values display.

2) i copied the 1.0.1 exe into the programs file. im pretty sure im using the latest version. to recreate the problem, hold the pgdn or pgup button slightly longer than you would normally and jiggle the mouse up and down. i can get it to screw the table up every time.

3) cool

4) oh ok. the help file is a little hard to find things in for me. i have real bad reading comprehension anyway cause im perpetually distracted. i did look in there. i just couldnt find it.

forget java. frank likes to increase the scope of every project beyond reasonableness. just leave it the way it is. its hard enough to support the windows program let alone all the other goofyness that youll find when you are porting it to every platform. any machine that can run either mac or linux can run windows in some way or another. palm..... too small to be useful. while id love to be able to tune with my tapwave zodiac, there is no way ill be able to flash with it or burn a chip with it. it just isnt happening. maybe log, but its much more convenient to log with a PC.

Brian

forget java. frank likes to increase the scope of every project beyond reasonableness. just leave it the way it is. its hard enough to support the windows program let alone all the other goofyness that youll find when you are porting it to every platform. any machine that can run either mac or linux can run windows in some way or another. palm..... too small to be useful. while id love to be able to tune with my tapwave zodiac, there is no way ill be able to flash with it or burn a chip with it. it just isnt happening. maybe log, but its much more convenient to log with a PC.

Brian
    Loud noises, loud noises...

Java is very very similar to c++. Heck you can do it even in flash. The point of the matter is if you are going to port it already to c++ or vb, then why not use one that will work on others natively. It is a step in the right direction for others to be encouraged to port their programs over or others to write new applications and then eventually you could do everything on hand helds, etc.
    Frank Katzenberger

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

just leave it the way it is. its hard enough to support the windows program let alone all the other goofyness that youll find when you are porting it to every platform. any machine that can run either mac or linux can run windows in some way or another. palm..... too small to be useful. while id love to be able to tune with my tapwave zodiac, there is no way ill be able to flash with it or burn a chip with it. it just isnt happening. maybe log, but its much more convenient to log with a PC.

Brian
    Especially when you can buy a 2lb laptop for less than $300...

Though, flashing from a Palm is certainly possible. Heck, that'd be easy compared to trying to datalog with one. Now, editing a cal on a Palm, that one would be tricky. I think there's too much info needed than can be displayed on the tiny Palm screen...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Well that is why it was an idea...
    Frank Katzenberger

1) turbonator LM v10 template has 0-1 rather than 0-100%. i suppose i could change the scale from 0-1 to 0-100 but id still like to see at least 2 decimal places on the X and Y values display.

2) i copied the 1.0.1 exe into the programs file. im pretty sure im using the latest version. to recreate the problem, hold the pgdn or pgup button slightly longer than you would normally and jiggle the mouse up and down. i can get it to screw the table up every time.

3) cool

4) oh ok. the help file is a little hard to find things in for me. i have real bad reading comprehension anyway cause im perpetually distracted. i did look in there. i just couldnt find it.

Brian
    -------
    1 - done. i set it to 2 decimal places for the x and both y points. that was easy!!

2 - wow - i see what you are saying. i knew combining the mouse and keyboard code would get me in trouble. so just don't do that!!! do it slowly! seriously, i'll take a look at it and try to figure out how to fix it for u fast finger guys.

3 - no edit is done. basically it will default to no edit unless the "toggle" is flipped to edit.

4 - as usual the help stuff was low priority. if someone wants to rewrite it for me that would be GREAT!! (just an .rtf file). i plan on using the regular windows help system in the next version. (i think i did try to bribe rob to rewrite it for me once upon a time!)

and as for FRANK ---- i did look at Java stuff last night and it looks really cool, especially the graphics capabilities. and as mentioned it basically looks like c++ code. so maybe ........

ok - i posted v1.0.2

brian - make sure i fixed the pgup/pgdn thing you were talking about.

aight. ill look at it. ill see about organizing the help section if i get some time.

Brian

cool, all changes seem to be implemented successfully. I have one more check to do when i get to my PC at home that has a regular mouse connected to it. im on my laptop at work right now and it seems to be fine for now.

Brian

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

I have seen a ton of Java Apps. They pretty much all suck. Sorry Frank but java sucks. AJAX or Javascript is alright but Java Apps = fail....
    2022 Viper runs 9s

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    and as for FRANK ---- i did look at Java stuff last night and it looks really cool, especially the graphics capabilities. and as mentioned it basically looks like c++ code. so maybe ........
    Here are my thoughts on the Java idea:

While the syntax of the 2 languages are similar they're still very different. In C++ you can do a quick and dirty typecast or use pointers to manipulate data. Java is going to force you to cast everything. There are no pointers in Java, any indirection is done by object references. It's OK if that's your style, but I often find Java mind-numbingly frustrating because of it's typing.

Java is incredibly memory hungry. Native C++ code is going to be smaller (memory wise) as you won't have the interpreter. Plus, I'd bet there are many people out there who don't have systems that would produce usable results with Java. The most commonly used parts of a system's API (Like file or network I/O) are presented, but you have to think in a very platform-independent way to do a cross platform app in Java.

Although, having the application (semi)natively run on my various Linux and OSX systems would be nice.

I don't have a preference either way, but even sloppily written C++ will beat Java in memory footprint and often performance.

Thanks for the input on that Risen. My Java experience is marginal... hence why I brought it up.
    Frank Katzenberger

Hybrid booster

Thanks for this application!!!!! Maybe I'll try it on the Omni and CSX next season.

Chris

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Especially when you can buy a 2lb laptop for less than $300...

Though, flashing from a Palm is certainly possible. Heck, that'd be easy compared to trying to datalog with one. Now, editing a cal on a Palm, that one would be tricky. I think there's too much info needed than can be displayed on the tiny Palm screen...
    Is an iPhone screen larger?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast