Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: MPTuner

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPTuner

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    I have everything saved on my thumbdrive, I"ve been using Dcal to do the on the fly updates with my Ostrich, so I save it either to file or on the fly, so its being saved, then when I get home and I want to play in MP, open up the same file and its all stock, including the configs etc?

How do I take a screen snapshot and I'll post them up, one in Dcal, same file in MP Tuner.
    alt-printscreen takes screenshot to clipboard. Then paste it into paint and save.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

juggy - i assume this is a stock 89 smec t1 cal (auto/manual?). what mods have you done to the cal? it looks like it was "partially" scaled to 3 bar. how did u do that?

at a minimum (acknowledging that the info above may not be correct), try downloading from the stock repository the stock 89 smec t1 auto zip file, unzip it, then copy the .tbl file to the same name as your bin file, i.e. juggymod1.tbl. this should at least let you look at the tables assuming nothing has been moved around. when i tried it with your bin it opened just fine but, again, depending on whats been changed, it may not be accurate.

from there "I" would recommend you use the corresponding T-smec template as the base, load up your bin/tbl as a comparison and compare. the template stuff is much easier to work with as well as allow easy scaling of injector and map tables.

One thing I noticed, if you adjust the bin file in Dcal, save it then open it up in MP tuner, its has no changes made, IE if you adjusted the PUMPEff table in Dcal, it shows up as stock in MP tuner yet the cal is adjusted.

So to simply use an Ostrich on the fly update with MP Tuner, you turn on the Ostrich and that's it? Any way to make it beep like Dcal so you know the change took place?

You can't, your missing all the other little bits/files that MP Tuner needs, I tried it and it won't work, the file shows up blank when you click on it.
    turbovanman - gotta admit i don't see how this could happen if you are loading up the SAME bin file in MPT that you saved in DCAL!!

one thing you could try is read the file back in MPT off the ostrich (after backing up your original bin!) and see if was changed.

to make changes to the ostrich on the fly you MUST work with the bin file. after toggling on the allow edit option, you can manually update changes by right clicking on the table listing after all the change(s) have been made and selecting update ostrich, OR turning on the ostrich update now option on the menu bar which will IMMEDIATELY update after a table change.

i will make a note to add a beep after it AUTO updates so ya know. good idea.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

simon... you are editing the .bin with D-cal.

you must have opened the Template (.v??) file (the ?? are the version number) with MPtuner. you wont see the changes that way cause you only changed the .bin.

you have to open the .bin in MPtuner to see the changes that you made in D-cal.

thats why you compile a .bin using MPtuner cause the changes you make to the Template (.v??) dont get made to the .bin till you compile.

look at this image... may make sense.

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPtuner.jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	25403  
    Last edited by Aries_Turbo; 09-06-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    juggy - i assume this is a stock 89 smec t1 cal (auto/manual?). what mods have you done to the cal? it looks like it was "partially" scaled to 3 bar. how did u do that?

at a minimum (acknowledging that the info above may not be correct), try downloading from the stock repository the stock 89 smec t1 auto zip file, unzip it, then copy the .tbl file to the same name as your bin file, i.e. juggymod1.tbl. this should at least let you look at the tables assuming nothing has been moved around. when i tried it with your bin it opened just fine but, again, depending on whats been changed, it may not be accurate.

from there "I" would recommend you use the corresponding T-smec template as the base, load up your bin/tbl as a comparison and compare. the template stuff is much easier to work with as well as allow easy scaling of injector and map tables.
    yeah ill have some time 2 play with it 2morrrow i am thinking. the cal is a 2.5 G head cal setup to run 72pph injectors. but I need to back fueling off because it was accidently programed for 72pph @ 55psi and not 3 bar which they are rated to run @. so gonna dial it down to 40 n start from there i suppose.

car is heavily modded
    2.5 ross piston motor
    G head 45 x 37 port polish
    taft S3 cam comp beehive springs
    GT3076R 3" back TU header
    spearco IC 2.5" IC lines
    heavily ported 2 piece lower with big D intake topper and 58mm TB

pretty much sums most of it up....

oh and i got it to load apparently, i did not unzip the tbl file originally. id like to compare it to other cals but i can only open the 87 TII ones for some reason??? it doesnt recognize any of the other files in there....maybe i neeed to unzlp properly

i made MPTuner the folder instead of MPSuite is that going to mess with things?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    simon... you are editing the .bin with D-cal.

you must have opened the Template (.v??) file (the ?? are the version number) with MPtuner. you wont see the changes that way cause you only changed the .bin.

you have to open the .bin in MPtuner to see the changes that you made in D-cal.

thats why you compile a .bin using MPtuner cause the changes you make to the Template (.v??) dont get made to the .bin till you compile.

look at this image... may make sense.

Brian
    Thanks for the explanation.

Its a MP Tuner cal, then I edit in Dcal because as we talked on the phone, didn't have time to play with the Ostrich in MP tuner so did all the changes in Dcal. Then I came home to play in MP tuner and it shows up as a stock cal, with no changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Risen
    turbovanman - gotta admit i don't see how this could happen if you are loading up the SAME bin file in MPT that you saved in DCAL!!

one thing you could try is read the file back in MPT off the ostrich (after backing up your original bin!) and see if was changed.

to make changes to the ostrich on the fly you MUST work with the bin file. after toggling on the allow edit option, you can manually update changes by right clicking on the table listing after all the change(s) have been made and selecting update ostrich, OR turning on the ostrich update now option on the menu bar which will IMMEDIATELY update after a table change.

i will make a note to add a beep after it AUTO updates so ya know. good idea.
    Will do and I'll show the screens a bit later but i think Brian explained why its happening.

How do you get old Dcal files to open up in MT Tuner, redo them?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

you dont have to redo them, you just have to change the file type when opening the file from a Template File .v?? to Bin File .bin and then look for the calibration .bin file that you edited in D-Cal.

I thought there was a way to incorporate those changes from the .bin file into the .v?? template file but i couldnt figure it out a min ago so wowzer will have to explain that.

Brian

How do you get old Dcal files to open up in MT Tuner, redo them?
    Alot of older cals will open in mptuner but sometimes it gets pissed at incorrect or incomplete table files and wont let you do anything.

Morris, i think one of the slight shortcomings of MPtuner is that it has a hard time dealing with older cals with goofy table files. Is there a way that the stock memory locations could be coded into the templates so that if you have a cal that is based on a 89 T2 or a S60 or a 87T2 or 91R/T, etc you can open it up with one of the defined templates so that it creates a proper table or template file for that stock memory location cal??

the relocatable sources are nice but it creates chaos when you are trying to get a good table file that will keep MPTuner happy and have correct information.

Brian

you dont have to redo them, you just have to change the file type when opening the file from a Template File .v?? to Bin File .bin and then look for the calibration .bin file that you edited in D-Cal.

I thought there was a way to incorporate those changes from the .bin file into the .v?? template file but i couldnt figure it out a min ago so wowzer will have to explain that.

Brian
    I'll call you one day next week, lol.

I must have copied my MP tuner files wrong, I moved them into a different folder and now getting an err file and error messages, sigh.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

I am getting an "ERR" message on one of my cals when I try to load it up in MP Tuner, its an MP tuner cal, after I moved folders, and now when I go into my cal folder, there is a file called "err", it says to check "err" file folder and repair????????

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Brian
    Theoretically, if the .bin file was created using the template, all you need to do to incorporate your changes in to the template is to load the .bin as the comparison, change the list type to 'name' (from 'group'), then right click on the 'tables' header and select 'copy comp cal'. Warning! - this will copy over all of the data from the comp cal. Including the table data and scaling factors.

I have never tried to copy a complete cal like this...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

rob's explanation should work - it will ONLY copy comparison table data that matches up to the main cal's type and common name (hopefully!).

... Is there a way that the stock memory locations could be coded into the templates so that if you have a cal that is based on a 89 T2 or a S60 or a 87T2 or 91R/T, etc you can open it up with one of the defined templates so that it creates a proper table or template file for that stock memory location cal??

Brian
    let me think about that. quite a while back when i was fooling with the disassembler i started creating "generic" config files so that when a stock bin was disassembled (after selecting the correct 'type'), it would create a tbl file with all of rob's common name syntax. i loaded some of them into a database to try to make it easier to keep track of. unfortunately, i got sidetracked and it fell by the wayside. also, there were some subtle nuances that i was not knowledgeable enough to figure out. i think a group effort from the likes of you and rob and others to update the old .tbl files with the common names would be great. it would be easy enough to have mptuner prompt for a .tbl name if it tried to load a bin without one. that way you could load up an old bin and select the correct tbl file to use - or some variation like that.

I must have copied my MP tuner files wrong, I moved them into a different folder and now getting an err file and error messages, sigh.
    once mptuner is fully installed, you should be able to copy the executable file (mptuner.exe) to any directory you have full rights to and run it from there. if you move it, you will need to update any shortcuts/menu options in windows to point to the new directory.

the .err files are created when mptuner loads a cal and stumbles across data/info it can't figure out. this is the same data that shows up under the menu option in mptuner under the miscellaneous / template file errors option.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

let me think about that. quite a while back when i was fooling with the disassembler i started creating "generic" config files so that when a stock bin was disassembled (after selecting the correct 'type'), it would create a tbl file with all of rob's common name syntax. i loaded some of them into a database to try to make it easier to keep track of. unfortunately, i got sidetracked and it fell by the wayside. also, there were some subtle nuances that i was not knowledgeable enough to figure out. i think a group effort from the likes of you and rob and others to update the old .tbl files with the common names would be great. it would be easy enough to have mptuner prompt for a .tbl name if it tried to load a bin without one. that way you could load up an old bin and select the correct tbl file to use - or some variation like that.
    Part of my process for creating the various template files is to make a complete, MP Tuner-compatible table file for each of the stock bins. Basically, I re-compiled my dis-assembly using the stock table locations to create a 'stock' table file with the MP Tuner names. Then, copied the cal data over using the compare function.

If you check the cal repository, all of the stock 2.5 bins have a complete table file. I think I have the 2.2 ones as well, though not posted. They are not 100% complete because some of the data had to be translated due to differences in code.

I'm doing this now for the LM. I decided it was high time for a complete re-do for T-LM to make all of the naming common with T-SMEC and T-SBEC (where applicable). So, I should have a good number of T2 LM table files soon...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

once mptuner is fully installed, you should be able to copy the executable file (mptuner.exe) to any directory you have full rights to and run it from there. if you move it, you will need to update any shortcuts/menu options in windows to point to the new directory.

the .err files are created when mptuner loads a cal and stumbles across data/info it can't figure out. this is the same data that shows up under the menu option in mptuner under the miscellaneous / template file errors option.
    Anyway to fix or just delete and start over?

I simply went thru and copied my main untouched MP tuner cal like Brian told me, worked great until the other day and now it shows error messages, sigh.

Bump!

BTW, these new cals are friggin awesome, the AF ratio is damn near 14.7:1 except in boost, my MPG has skyrocketed, and the driveability is a 100 times better, thank you,

Anyway to fix or just delete and start over?

I simply went thru and copied my main untouched MP tuner cal like Brian told me, worked great until the other day and now it shows error messages, sigh.
    once mptuner is installed, it really shouldn't matter where the cal (or the program reside). do all of the cals give you error messages? if u want, post up or send me the .err and .v16 file so i can look at it.

turbo addict

Bump!

BTW, these new cals are friggin awesome, the AF ratio is damn near 14.7:1 except in boost, my MPG has skyrocketed, and the driveability is a 100 times better, thank you,
    was that just out of the box or did you do some tuning?

once mptuner is installed, it really shouldn't matter where the cal (or the program reside). do all of the cals give you error messages? if u want, post up or send me the .err and .v16 file so i can look at it.
    All the MP tuner cals say it. I'll send you the files, what's your email?

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    was that just out of the box or did you do some tuning?
    All I did was change the pump eff table and then filled out the part so it calculates your desired AF ratio for you and it was bang on, so didn't change any of the part of full throttle fuel tables. It has taken about 2-3 days of driving but its constantly around 14.7 out of boost.