Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: MPTuner

Mitsu booster

Re: MPTuner

Oh, great work , I can't wait to try this out. Do you think this is worth trying with a Ostrich 1.0, or do you have reason to believe it won't work?

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    i posted 1.1.2 today. been sitting on it a while hoping to have time to work on the disassembler but life is just too busy right now. btw, i disabled the disassembler some time back due to some potential issues so, if you have an old version with it not disabled use it at your own risk!!!

anyhow - the newest version fixes some minor but annoying bugs as well as added some ostrich 2.0 features (see MPTunerVer.txt file). The ostrich stuff is pretty simple. i need some feedback first in the direction to go with it before i invest too much time.

so, if you are an ostrich 2.0 user, once you set up the com port to use ftdi at 921600 baud the program will give you 2 extra table options if you load a BIN file as the main cal. First, if you select a table file, you can "watch" the table hits real time. Secondly, if you make edits to a table(s) you can immediately update that table(s) to the ostrich. These options can be selected by right clicking on the table name or selecting the table menu option. Lastly, you can read/write your bin with the flash module (it will automatically use the ostrich if the comm port is set up correctly).

i also changed the way i handle the help info by incorporating the standard windows html help programs and now use a .chm file instead of burying the info in the program. so, if anybody wants to create an amazing help file that would be great.

let me know any issues and ideas for ostrich stuff. (i do need to get the 3d table watch done).

turbo addict

I don't see why a Ostrich 1.0 wouldn't work . uses the same software as the 2.0.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    I don't see why a Ostrich 1.0 wouldn't work . uses the same software as the 2.0.
    Depends on whether or not the 1.0 has the same tracing features as the 2.0 version. IDK the answer to that, but maybe there's a doc on Moates site that will explain the difference between the 2.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Can't wait to use it with my ostrich, with the weather clearing up finally, I should be able to get my car to my house now.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Hybrid booster

I have been trying to add groups to the tbl file while editing a BIN so I can tune faster and it doesn't save. Does this only work for editing V16 files?

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Groups won't work with a .bin/.tbl combination. Group info is saved only in the template. There's no place to put it in the current .tbl file format.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

i'll look at trying to bury it in the table description perhaps - let me think about it.

Mitsu booster

hey wowzer I can't pm you until I post more. Do you want me to send you a description of the com issue via another means or just post?

just post it up - others may have the same issue as you.

Hybrid booster

i'll look at trying to bury it in the table description perhaps - let me think about it.
    Thanks Wowzer. Is it possible I can do this manually to a tbl file?

no - only the template files have the "coding (i.e. MPGROUP)" in them to support groups. i need to add some type of logic/code to be able to have group info in the tbl file. since the tbl file format is quite limited, the only logical place i could think of would be to put it in the existing table description field. i'll probably just preface the description field with something like [MPGROUP:group name]. i'll add it to the todo list for release 1.1.4.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

It would appear as though the compile function does not allow for file names which are as long as the conventions used by Rob. Is there any way around that?

can you give me the template you are using? and the length of the full path name to the template? i know the compiler i was using had some "quirks" but don't recall if that was one of them.

can you give me the template you are using? and the length of the full path name to the template? i know the compiler i was using had some "quirks" but don't recall if that was one of them.
    I'm using TLM V10.2. It is in the folder "TLM V10.2 for MP tuner" an example of his file naming conventions is "T-LM_22_MTX_A171_T2.v10"

i just downloaded both mptuner and the template and they compiled OK and loaded OK. if i recall correctly, the compiler only handles a filepath/name <+ 75 characters. it SHOULD give you a message when you try to compile if the total length exceeds that. what r u getting for messages?

i just downloaded both mptuner and the template and they compiled OK and loaded OK. if i recall correctly, the compiler only handles a filepath/name <+ 75 characters. it SHOULD give you a message when you try to compile if the total length exceeds that. what r u getting for messages?
    That it is over 75 characters. IIRC it was 80.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

yeah ive ran into that limitation too. ive had to move all of my files to a folder on the root of the drive so i can compile.

why the limitation in the first place?

Brian

don't know, the freeware compiler had that limit built in. i'll look at bumping it up. shouldn't be that hard. also, there is a newer version of the compiler out. i'll see if that limitation was changed.

i found the problem in the freeware compiler, looks like a bug or maybe just an oversight. anyhow, i'll probably update the programs this week, which will include an updated compiler that allows up to 111 characters in the path vs 70ish. just have a couple things to test on mptuner before uploading.

turbo addict

I just checked the new update only for a second but the 3D tables look way nicer!!
    was there anything else changed for T3/3D stuff that i can check out tomorrow?