Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: MPTuner

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Re: MPTuner

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    It should work fine - with an assembled version of BB or LB with an appropriate .tbl file. But, it will not edit the source code of either. If they were converted to the 'template' listing style, then they could be made to work.
    here are the files I am trying to work with.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/at...7&d=1262818460

MPTuner doesn't seem to want to open them.

I go to Tune --> Load Cal File... It is is then looking for a *.v?? file. Which I don't have, so I select bin. It gives me the error in the attached picture. I am working with ladybug60
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	failed_MPTuner.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	19685  
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

the error says there is something wrong in the .tbl file with that specific table which i pasted below:

A49C 0 n ClosedLoopTimeFromEngTempAtStartup_FromTemp Startup Temp -200 260 degrees out_desc 0 255 scale CLTIME

Even though it has the correct number fields for that type of table (14) you can see that field number 6 (Temp) is in error. the program expects that field to be a number. it looks to me like the table should be defined as follows:

A49C 0 n ClosedLoopTimeFromEngTempAtStartup_FromTemp Startup_Temp -200 260 degrees out_desc 0 255 scale CLTIME Enter_Startup_Desc_Here

Note that i combined the fields Startup Temp into Startup_Temp and then added a description field at the end.

If you make that change the bin should then load. You will notice a number of other errors in the error listing which probably can be ignored but if you want to properly use the bin with mptuner you should fix the table file some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    hey can i request a feature mod to the program?

I like to compare the part throttle and full throttle timing and fuel (hotmap, wotmap, maptbl and wottbl) as an overlay and i always have to save the file as a different name and change the table names to swap the part and full throttle tables and then load them as a comparison to compare the part and full throttle fuel. that way i can make the tables the same past 5psi to help prevent knock if the throttle is lifted slightly at high boost.

any chance you can make a comparison function that takes the current loaded full throttle map based tables (timing and fuel) and overlay them on the part throttle tables so that the part throttle tables can be exactly matched to the full throttle over 5psi?

that would be amazing if that could be done.

thanks

Brian
    i updated the link with a newer version of mptuner. it includes an overlay option/toggle that hopefully will address the issue to some degree. also, modified the program to allow higher injector scaling and a couple other tweeks. check the mptunerver.txt file.

Mitsu booster

why when i try to load a file(.bin)it pop an error window and it shut mptuner off?

need more info. can you upload the bin and .tbl file? can u take a screen shot of the error? i'd be happy to help if you can give me more details.

turbo addict

IM having some problems with windows7 not running the program after a week or so have to purge it and reload the its all good for week . its running ok on my other pcs runnning xp

Can you have it check the window location before it opens? I run a laptop. Sometimes I run dual screens. If I lasted open the software on the second screen that is where it wants to open it again, which makes sense. The problem is I don't always have the second screen hooked up. I have to "move" it with the keypad, It isn't a big deal but it would be nice.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    IM having some problems with windows7 not running the program after a week or so have to purge it and reload the its all good for week . its running ok on my other pcs runnning xp
    weird - i have no idea. it would be nice to know if any others with vista or win7 have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Can you have it check the window location before it opens? I run a laptop. Sometimes I run dual screens. If I lasted open the software on the second screen that is where it wants to open it again, which makes sense. The problem is I don't always have the second screen hooked up. I have to "move" it with the keypad, It isn't a big deal but it would be nice.
    i'll look into it. i have it set up to save window locations at program termination.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    weird - i have no idea. it would be nice to know if any others with vista or win7 have the same problem.
    I've only ever run it on Win7 and don't have that problem...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

are you running it in compatibility mode?
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

are you running it in compatibility mode?
    no and then yes still no luck just opens a tab on the work/task bar and wont open past that

are you running the newest version?
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

of win7 or MPtuner?

WIN7 no
    MP tuner yes

turbo addict

pluss this Dell laptop is weeks old

I figured out the problem. You are from canada.... MPTuner only works in the US
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

I figured out the problem. You are from canada.... MPTuner only works in the US
    God Dam Metric Conversion

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

no and then yes still no luck just opens a tab on the work/task bar and wont open past that
    Have you tried either resizing your desktop or trying to alt-tab into the program? This sort of stuff should be handled automatically, but sometimes windows displays do unexpected things.

of win7 or MPtuner?

WIN7 no
    MP tuner yes
    32 bit or 64 bit win 7?

i've got a mixture of xp, 32 bit vista, and 64 bit vista machines at work. i'll try it on all of them! my concern is with some of the api calls i make in the program and if that could be messing anything up.

also, need to set up a ?!*$#@# dual monitor system and make sure my simple fix works.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    32 bit or 64 bit win 7?

i've got a mixture of xp, 32 bit vista, and 64 bit vista machines at work. i'll try it on all of them! my concern is with some of the api calls i make in the program and if that could be messing anything up.

also, need to set up a ?!*$#@# dual monitor system and make sure my simple fix works.
    tried both 32 and 64

looks to be loosing the short cut links weird.

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast