Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1331

Thread: MPTuner

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Re: MPTuner

ok another question since I'm having trouble tracking down the exact cause of a small problem i have. On the O2 signals, .1v is lean? 1.0v is rich? or the other way around? I may have configured something wrong so I'm trying to make sure everything is set up correctly.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: MPTune

Yes.
    Narrowband signal is 0 - 1V,
    0.1V would be lean.
    1V would be rich.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Thank you Wayne now to hook up to the lc-1 and make sure I have that configured correctly.. something is not right with it..
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Were you going to use the 0-1V output to send to the ecu?
    Yes, you may need to configure something in the wideband software, and maybe in your cal.

I can't remember what i did, as i only used the 0-1V output briefly. Then switched to the 0-5V. But i remember Rob saying TIII turbonator can't do WB2NB yet.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Were you going to use the 0-1V output to send to the ecu?
    Yes, you may need to configure something in the wideband software, and maybe in your cal.

I can't remember what i did, as i only used the 0-1V output briefly. Then switched to the 0-5V. But i remember Rob saying TIII turbonator can't do WB2NB yet.
    I've been using the 0-1v output for a while, but I need to double check if i configured the output settings correctly in the wb controller output settings. With the innovative you can configure the slope to be rich or lean at .1v so you have to make sure you have the slope correct. I have the wideband output going to my gauge and the 2nd output set up as a narrowband and is wired directly to the sbec O2 input wire.
    Turbo Joe

ok here's a brain teaser, on the TIII cals (91 sbec) what should I set the O2 signal rate to? My innovative has 4 settings for refresh rate i guess you call it. realtime, 1/12 1/6 and 1/3 .. I'm currently configured for realtime but wonder if I should be set for lower? I have the innovative LC-1 wideband gauge, fyi, thanks guys
    Turbo Joe

Garrett booster

I am having an issue with the ecu cutting out/resetting every 8.1 miles. Is that as simple as a setting issue or something greater? It is a 91 tiii sbec1. Running the base tiii cal from the repository. This car is my daily so it makes it a little difficult in traffic.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moparfreak3 View Post
    I am having an issue with the ecu cutting out/resetting every 8.1 miles. Is that as simple as a setting issue or something greater? It is a 91 tiii sbec1. Running the base tiii cal from the repository. This car is my daily so it makes it a little difficult in traffic.
    Flashable SBEC?
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

Yes it is one of yours with your Ftdi cable.

Quote Originally Posted by moparfreak3 View Post
    Yes it is one of yours with your Ftdi cable.
    In the calibration setup, you need to turn off the 'Emission Maintenance Reminder' option. The EMR uses EEPROM to store the mileage. The rest happens when the ECU tries to write to EEPROM because it overlaps the flash memory.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

Ok I will give that a shot. Is it the suppress emr check box? Also just one other quick question on the standard cal in the repository. Has that cal been tweaked at all from the stock cal? I'm having knock issues at stock boost levels that I don't have on the stock computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    ok here's a brain teaser, on the TIII cals (91 sbec) what should I set the O2 signal rate to? My innovative has 4 settings for refresh rate i guess you call it. realtime, 1/12 1/6 and 1/3 .. I'm currently configured for realtime but wonder if I should be set for lower? I have the innovative LC-1 wideband gauge, fyi, thanks guys
    hmm no answers yet...maybe i'm not asking the correct way?? what I'm asking is how many times per second does the sbec1 TIII look at the factory O2 sensor for readings..that way I can set my output on my wideband to closely resemble that time frame.
    Turbo Joe

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Joe, I think you got "post blocked bro"...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    hmm no answers yet...maybe i'm not asking the correct way?? what I'm asking is how many times per second does the sbec1 TIII look at the factory O2 sensor for readings..that way I can set my output on my wideband to closely resemble that time frame.
    Basically, it checks the sensor every 11ms.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

edit: nevermind I solved that problem already.
    updated 24 Dec.
    Last edited by Turbo Joe; 12-24-2015 at 07:16 PM.
    Turbo Joe

What is the latest .asm file that we should be using if we are going to work with MPTune? Is it included somewhere in the MPT program?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Download them from the Turbonator thread(s)...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Thanks Rob, found it!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Just wondering if any has try or if its possible to load a bin from a 2001 j tec ? I have a someone who wants me to put a turbo on his Dakota 4.7l 5sp and wants it scaled for a 2 bar .

Not with MPtune. The JTEC is not remotely related to even the SBECII. It doesn't bootstrap, i believe. It uses a different interface for programming.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki