13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Mitsu booster

Thumbs up Re: the ft 232rl not cable can connect to the pc

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    ****MPTune ver 2***

here is the link to download the new version 2 of MPTune which uses the new ".tpl" template format. Use this link for the first time install. Subsequent updates will typically be done automatically via the program's auto update feature.

Download from here: https://sites.google.com/site/mpsuite/mptune2

what you need to do:
    -download the zip file to a temp directory
    -unzip and run setup.exe
    -this creates a MP Suite directory under the Program Files directory. Another directory will be created in the MP Suite directory called MPTune. This is where all the data and programs will reside.

Rob LLoyd wil be posting up the new versions of his Turbonator templates that are designed for this version. IF YOU WANT TO USE A VERSION 1 TEMPLATE FILE YOU MUST FIRST UPDATE IT TO VERSION 2 USING THE MENU SELECTION UNDER THE MISCELLANEOUS MENU.

Don't forget to set up your com port! Let me know asap of any issues or features that are missing or don't work.

When MPTune2 is started, it will check if a newer version is available. If so, it will download it (message displayed on the status line) and then install it AFTER you exit the program. Give the update 10 seconds or so to get everything updated. The program should then be on the most current version when you restart it. if you are on windows vista or later, the user access control system will prompt you for permission to update the program. click allow.

If you "preinstalled" the bin stacker program you should uninstall it before installing MPTune 2.

Lastly, the default splash screen on startup is a picture i copied off the website. i love that pic. If the author/owner of that pic does not want that to be used let me know and i will replace it. Can't remember where i got it from so if it is a copyrighted issue let me know. As mentioned in the help, the startup picture can be replaced by the user with any picture they desire (be nice now!)

***Compressor map file available***
    version 2.0.3.9 and above allows the user to download a file that contains many compressor maps. download the zip file from the following link:
    https://sites.google.com/site/mpsuite/compressor-graphs

-after you have downloaded the zip file you need to expand it into the directory that mptune.exe is in, usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\MP Suite\MPTune. then when you go into the menu setting called "settings -> calculators -> turbo sizing" it should bring up a list of compressor maps. this file is huge so if you prefer you can just load in your own compressor maps using mptune2. This is done by using the menu setting called "miscellaneous -> images -> turbo list".

*** MPTuner ver 1 - no longer supported ***

*** FTDI USB CABLE Info***
    -download and install the vcp drivers from here - http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
    -go to the windows device manager. under the group "universal serial bus controllers" right click on the item that should say something like "usb serial converter". click on the advanced tab and make sure that the item "Load VCP" is checked. also may want to set the com port settings as shown for latency, although the program 'should' set the latency for you when it runs.

[IMG][/IMG]

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: MPTune

Not sure if there's a question there, but the 3.3v FTDI Basic from SparkFun won't work. Our ECUs use CMOS logic, its true 5v logic. 3.3v won't reliably register as a high. And the 5v our circuit supplies can damage the inputs on the 3.3v FTDI chip.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Mitsu booster

Re: MPTune

ok I will change the voltage of 3.3 volts is already 5 in this circuit chip that can work with 5V , breaking the track bypassing v 3.3 and welding track 5 volts.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: MPTuner

I've been messing around with the TLM cal for my 2.5 ATX NYer. Is there any way that we could get a comparison between the timing for the timing tables? IE the matrix would display a difference between the cells of the two comparison cals? It's hard to get the timing really precise when you're trying to copy a later cal on account of the multiplier in the later stuff.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

cordes - can you give me a specific table and cals that you are using so i can see exactly what you are indicating, especially regarding the "multiplier". currently the cal differences are depicted via the graphs, grid layout, and also by printing the cal difference report. when cals are compared the comparison cal is automatically "converted" to the same scale (map and i think(?) injectors also) as the base cal. if you are trying to compare a table to another table in the same cal you can set one of the tables as an "overlay" table and it will show up on the other similar tables. also, if you double click on a table it will open up just that table in its own window so it is always available to be looked at. alot of users don't realize that. so you could have multiple tables from different cals visible at one time.

i have several bug fixes that i have corrected in a new version that i should have released months ago. unfortunately rob L and I were working on a new way to handle the boot/flash/read routines for quite some time and we just haven't finalized it yet (at least for the sbec2/fcc stuff). depending on what you want maybe i can get it squeezed into the next version. should have some time at christmas.

if you can help me envision what you are thinking of i would appreciate it. i know in my commercial tuning package you can display a matrix that shows the current cal values, click on the matrix again to show the comparison cal values, and click on it again to show the numeric differences. if that is what you are referring to we would need to determine how to handle the situation with multiple comparison cals opened at one time, etc.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

The total timing for part and WOT throttle is what I would like to see a difference of. As it stands right now, I make both timing matrixes the same size and toggle between the two cals. It would be awesome if there was a difference function which showed CalA-CalB in the boxes for total timing.

It is my understanding that there is a multiplier for the timing in some SMEC and all SBEC cals which is not present in the LM stuff. So far as I can tell that makes it more difficult to get the timing really close without a lot of work keeping the LM timing high below a certain RPM and dropping it down above a certain RPM.

so you're talking about the 3d calculated timing tables? and i assume you're comparing WOT in cal 1 to WOT in cal 2? i could probably make that work. just need to figure out what to do if you have more than one comparison cal set up.

so you're talking about the 3d calculated timing tables? and i assume you're comparing WOT in cal 1 to WOT in cal 2? i could probably make that work. just need to figure out what to do if you have more than one comparison cal set up.
    Yes. I wonder if a dialog area with a check box for which cal you want to compare to your base cal would do it?

i posted version 2.0.4.2. this fixes a CRITICAL error in the afr display line that may be created IF the engine/transmission type in the cal setup is different then the displacement used in the AFR setup screen. if you are running a 2.2 engine please make sure you go into the AFR setup screen and change/verify the displacement to 2.2 liters and then save and close the template. then reopen and go into the 3 fuel tables and make sure they track closely to the yellow AFR line.

there are a few other minor bug fixes and program features added.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Download link seems to be broken? Getting a 415 error, file not found on server or something.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Download link seems to be broken? Getting a 415 error, file not found on server or something.
    the download link from post #1? i just tried it and it worked. or did it bomb out during the auto update process? if you already have mptune running the autoupdate should be all you need to do.

turbo addict

the download link from post #1? i just tried it and it worked. or did it bomb out during the auto update process? if you already have mptune running the autoupdate should be all you need to do.
    Same here..I get some weird google drive stuff then error 415. I think its just the way google drive does things that are misleading people. Pretend you are showing your parents, who have never used a computer, how to download a file. They just need to click and it happens or things are going to go downhill fast and before you know it smoke will be coming out of the computer

I think the direct link is:

https://sites.google.com/site/mpsuite/mpscan/MPScan.zip

actually thats for MPSCAN and this is an MPTUNE thread

That works for me. Can we just use that? And is that the definitive "always up to date" link for MPSCAN? I'm putting it into the wiki until I hear otherwise from wowzer

- - - Updated - - -

Wowzer can you describe what the requirements for MPSCAN/TUNE are as far as you know? I.e. OS, USB types, service packs, any frameworks etc..

ok - i see the error. weird. i never click on the file directly, i always use the "down arrow" on the side. i'll check out what google says and see if there is a way to "fix" it.

that file is usually up to date. it is the full install version. worse case you download an older version which will then get auto updated to the latest version the first time you run it.

i just added some info for the mpscan requirements in the other thread. they are the same for mptune also.

ok - i see the error. weird. i never click on the file directly, i always use the "down arrow" on the side. i'll check out what google says and see if there is a way to "fix" it.

that file is usually up to date. it is the full install version. worse case you download an older version which will then get auto updated to the latest version the first time you run it.

i just added some info for the mpscan requirements in the other thread. they are the same for mptune also.
    ok - i changed the links on this site as well as the google site to download directly from my ftp server. should clean things up a bit.

Hybrid booster

Is anyone else having trouble flashing or reading with the new version?
    I installed this afternoon and tried to read a flashable ecu. I clicked read and it immediately popped up with an error that it couldn't connect ( instead of giving me the box with the "ok" button ) then the app crashed out and I had to restart it.
    I un-installed and reinstalled the old version and all is well.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

The latest version of MP Tune has a 'modular' flash loader that Morris and I created so that some factory flashable ECU's could be supported (ATCU, Neon FCC). Did you do the full install of the latest version? Or just the .exe? I think it needs to install some other files now...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by player1up View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble flashing or reading with the new version?
    I installed this afternoon and tried to read a flashable ecu. I clicked read and it immediately popped up with an error that it couldn't connect ( instead of giving me the box with the "ok" button ) then the app crashed out and I had to restart it.
    I un-installed and reinstalled the old version and all is well.
    1) what "old" version did you reinstall? was it stored on your computer or was it off the website link?
    2) what ecu and cal are you using?
    3) even if you installed an old version it should have autoupdated to the new version. when you start mptune NOW what version does it report?
    4) what was the error message specifically that popped up? as rob mentioned, this version uses a new technique to interface with the ecu. the only ecu i have available is a smec so others could be a problem. i'm especially interested in the message it displayed when the app crashed. the more "issues" that i can be made aware of the better i can prevent them in the future.
    5) there are a number of log files that help to ID connection problems. anytime you have an issue just let me know and i'll have you post up or pm me the log files so i can figure out what is going on.

auto update worked for me. Thanks for the heads up.