Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1331

Thread: MPTuner

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Re: MPTuner

ever since i updated the mptune program the last time, the program keeps crashing or won't communicate with the sbec, I finally was able to pull the tune from the sbec so i can look at it and make adjustments, but it says the file doesn't exist or no table file... i'm about done with this...I wish there was a F.A.S.T. version of mptune cause this isn't working for me..
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    ever since i updated the mptune program the last time, the program keeps crashing or won't communicate with the sbec, I finally was able to pull the tune from the sbec so i can look at it and make adjustments, but it says the file doesn't exist or no table file... i'm about done with this...I wish there was a F.A.S.T. version of mptune cause this isn't working for me..
    Did I make your cal? I can send the cal files over to you so you can tune it...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

honestly rob, i don't even remember.. please help cause i'm at my wits end already. also wowzer if you could pm me the link to that instructional video again, i need help with this I think..like saving files and how to change a .bin into a tbl or compile a .bin to a asm? and why doesn't erase chip and flash work? i have to go thru the tabs to read write, even though i can't see what the thing just read off the sbec
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

ok -

1) you are running a sbec1 t3 cal?
    2) where did you get the cal? did you just get the binary file or are you using one of robs templates?
    3) need some pics of screen shots you get when it crashes.
    4) i assume you are trying to read/flash the binary. when you do that there are 2 communication log files created called mpt2boot.txt and mpt2coms.txt. post them up.
    5) what version of windows and mptune?
    6) are you implying that an earlier version DID work and your issues started after the last update?
    7) you stated you were able to pull the tune (actually the binary?) and make adjustments. how did you do that (what program?). what file were you making adjustments to.

happy to help but need ALOT more info. hang in there. it does work..................
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

honestly rob, i don't even remember.. please help cause i'm at my wits end already. also wowzer if you could pm me the link to that instructional video again, i need help with this I think..like saving files and how to change a .bin into a tbl or compile a .bin to a asm? and why doesn't erase chip and flash work? i have to go thru the tabs to read write, even though i can't see what the thing just read off the sbec
    What's your real name? Or, the name of whoever ordered the cal (if you didn't get it directly)? I couldn't find anything under 'turbo joe'.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    What's your real name? Or, the name of whoever ordered the cal (if you didn't get it directly)? I couldn't find anything under 'turbo joe'.
    like i said Rob i'm not 100% sure that you made a cal for me when I had you do a sbec1 T3 for me, but maybe you did? check for either Joe or Jose Pereira
    and sorry for the slow response, stupid me decided upgrading to win10 today was a good idea untill i found out my netowk card won't work so i had to fight with the pc to get everything restored back so i haven't been able to do anything car related yet today.
    Turbo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    ok -

1) you are running a sbec1 t3 cal?
    2) where did you get the cal? did you just get the binary file or are you using one of robs templates?
    3) need some pics of screen shots you get when it crashes.
    4) i assume you are trying to read/flash the binary. when you do that there are 2 communication log files created called mpt2boot.txt and mpt2coms.txt. post them up.
    5) what version of windows and mptune?
    6) are you implying that an earlier version DID work and your issues started after the last update?
    7) you stated you were able to pull the tune (actually the binary?) and make adjustments. how did you do that (what program?). what file were you making adjustments to.

happy to help but need ALOT more info. hang in there. it does work..................
    1 yes
    2 currently using a prescaled 3bar you guys made from the cal section
    3 I will try
    4 yes trying to read/flash binary, i will look for the log files
    5 win vista (laptop) mptune V2 from post 1 in this thread
    6 yes the first version of mptune worked great even the turbonator functions worked untill I updated last year. Then i reupdated to the new version V2 a month or three ago?
    7 yes. mptune V2. making adjustments to the boost tables .tpl format but it won't referance the bin file, ( if i explained that right? )

any help you can give surely is appreciated.. not being able to tune the sbec1 prevents me from doing anything else besides thoroughly inspecting my valvetrain including cams and timing.
    Turbo Joe

ok update: the laptop is having major issues so i'm going to replace the thing with a new one that runs win8.1.
    plan is to download mptune again and the ftdi cable thing too and try fresh and report back. if the issue is with the laptop then it will get resolved when i replace it and if not no biggie cause it's a pos anyway that needs to be plugged in all the time to work.
    Turbo Joe

7 yes. mptune V2. making adjustments to the boost tables .tpl format but it won't referance the bin file, ( if i explained that right? )
    You have to hit the compile button after editing. That will create a new .bin file from the .tpl. in MP Tune, the primary way of editing creates a new .bin file everytime. This allows data points to be added more easily, and allows for code changes more easily.

Oh, and I did not make a cal for you. I think I probably just burned the public 3-bar cal to the SBEC for you. I really don't remember; but I don't have a custom made cal for you.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

also, if you are installing a "fresh" version of mptune from post 1, please let it update first to the latest version. i.e. start the program, wait 10 secs, exit the program, and it should start updating to the newest version. then restart mptune and make sure you have the latest version (2.0.5.0).

You have to hit the compile button after editing. That will create a new .bin file from the .tpl. in MP Tune, the primary way of editing creates a new .bin file everytime. This allows data points to be added more easily, and allows for code changes more easily.

Oh, and I did not make a cal for you. I think I probably just burned the public 3-bar cal to the SBEC for you. I really don't remember; but I don't have a custom made cal for you.
    ok cool thanks Rob

also, if you are installing a "fresh" version of mptune from post 1, please let it update first to the latest version. i.e. start the program, wait 10 secs, exit the program, and it should start updating to the newest version. then restart mptune and make sure you have the latest version (2.0.5.0).
    ok i will, thanks. picked up an HP running 8.1 for cheap so this way I know 100% its not a laptop issue and I now can run mpscan while I drive. so either way no loss all gain. going to try and get a test with the sbec tonite but its getting late and i have work tomorrow.
    Turbo Joe

ok i got the .bin file from the sbec1 in the car. what do i need to do so i can edit that bin in mptune? oh yea hooked up the new laptop and did the bootstrap process and it worked perfectly the first time and did not fail like it usually does so i'm guessing old laptop had issues..MAYBE there is hope..
    Turbo Joe

did you use a sbec t1 cal from the stock cal's section or a turbonator sbec1 cal? if you used a stock cal then you may be quite limited on the tuning side since the .tbl files that go along with the .bin file to indicate where the tables are defined are typically limited in scope. i would HIGHLY recommend you use a turbonator cal. that gives you full tuning capabilities that mptune2 was designed for.

start with the turbonator cal that matches your ecu/engine/trans setup and go from there. you can easily scale the base cal for injectors and a different map sensor.

did you use a sbec t1 cal from the stock cal's section or a turbonator sbec1 cal? if you used a stock cal then you may be quite limited on the tuning side since the .tbl files that go along with the .bin file to indicate where the tables are defined are typically limited in scope. i would HIGHLY recommend you use a turbonator cal. that gives you full tuning capabilities that mptune2 was designed for.

start with the turbonator cal that matches your ecu/engine/trans setup and go from there. you can easily scale the base cal for injectors and a different map sensor.
    right now all i have on the new laptop is the file from the sbec1 in the car. it's from a turbonator cal but I don't have .tbl or .lib or .asm to go with the .bin so I can open it.
    Turbo Joe

any help with what I need to do so i can open the .bin file I pulled off the sbec?
    Turbo Joe

any help with what I need to do so i can open the .bin file I pulled off the sbec?
    Without knowing what .bin it is, its difficult. But, you can try to compile the original tpl; then use the .mpt created to look at the .bin in MP Tune.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Joe,

I had a lot of trouble getting the base sbec1 3 bar t3 to work. Had a number of issues that I couldn't sort. I ended up restarting with the 2 bar base cal, rescaling and building it from there. Still have an odd startup issue but I have the car running quite well.

I have it set up for 3 bar/85lb injectors. Just ran it all of drag week, fuel mileage was good and trapped 115 mph on pump gas in a full weight shadow. My set up is milder than yours, but I'd be happy to email you my cal if you want to load it and give it a try. If it works for you, you can tinker with it from there to better suit your engine.

Pat

joe - if you have the bin file you can send it to me and i'll take a look at it to see if i can figure out what you have. i think pat's suggestion/offer is the way to go,tho.

right now all i have on the new laptop is the file from the sbec1 in the car. it's from a turbonator cal but I don't have .tbl or .lib or .asm to go with the .bin so I can open it.
    If it's the public 3-bar cal that I made, you can download those files from the Turbonator TIII thread...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Joe,
    I have it set up for 3 bar/85lb injectors. I'd be happy to email you my cal if you want to load it and give it a try. If it works for you, you can tinker with it from there to better suit your engine.

Pat
    cool, i'm set up for 3bar w/72lb for now yours will be very colse then, i just might do that.. let me try a couple things first before i have to bother you for it.

joe - if you have the bin file you can send it to me and i'll take a look at it to see if i can figure out what you have. i think pat's suggestion/offer is the way to go,tho.
    ok cool, if i can't get Rob's idea to work i will do that then

If it's the public 3-bar cal that I made, you can download those files from the Turbonator TIII thread...
    question, do i have to rename my .bin to match that cal or renaming doesn't matter? I rename my cals according to the date and add a, b, c, ect.
    ya know the more i think about that and i found that old mptune video and i'm not saving as i'm just compiling and saving under a new name???
    Turbo Joe