Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1331

Thread: MPTuner

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPTuner

i suppose an option would be to set up a "dashboard" in mpscan to log a few of the cruise control ram locations to see if the appropriate bits are toggling (use a bit gauge). rob or others may have an idea of the correct ram locations/items to use.

also, to state the obvious, make sure you have recompiled the cal and burned the correct bin back to the chip.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Re: MPTune

Ok setting up a bit gauge but what do i associate the bit gauge to in the scroll down menu?
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

bump hoping for an answer so i can mess around with this tomorrow on my day off
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    bump hoping for an answer so i can mess around with this tomorrow on my day off
    Use it with any one of the flag type RAM locations...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hi guys, ok Today I noticed or should I say realized a pattern. So today I noticed that when the car is on the hot side and if I stall the car it won't start back up unless I reflash the sbec... I think I remember someone having an issue kinda like this but I couldn't find it.. any idea's?
    Turbo Joe

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    Hi guys, ok Today I noticed or should I say realized a pattern. So today I noticed that when the car is on the hot side and if I stall the car it won't start back up unless I reflash the sbec... I think I remember someone having an issue kinda like this but I couldn't find it.. any idea's?
    Even if you turn the key off and then try to start it again? I've had cars that would not restart unless I flipped the key to the off position before attempting to restart.

Yea even with turning the key to full off and waiting a while too. Another thing is when it does that the spark is VERY weak. Then i reflash and it starts right up and everything is back to normal... Its just weird and cant think of why
    Turbo Joe

paging Rob Lloyd....or Wowzer...
    Turbo Joe

boostaholic

Joe, I had a similar problem this spring when I was using the +40 SBEC II tune. I would stall it and then it would crank and crank, would not restart. I would then re-flash the ecu and then it would fire back up like nothing happened. I ended up switching to the stock T3 tune and scaling it for my MAP and injectors and going from there. There could be a bug in that base tune somewhere, but I experienced the same problem. I have had my personally adjusted stock T3 tune in for a few weeks now, no issues at all with starting.

Yea the +40 cal 3 bar is the base for my tune but scaled for 72's. I'll try to use a totally stock T3 cal and scale it myself and try that out. Hopefully its a hidden bug and it will fix that issue
    Turbo Joe

boostaholic

Make sure you also manually scale the "fuelbatteryoffset" table also.

I could send you my tune, it is scaled for 76.8 injectors and FP is 48 with a set of 72's.

Ok i started work on this yesterday but it got late quick so i will pick back up later on today. Gonna see if the turbonator features work now too and will report back.
    Turbo Joe

boostaholic

Wowzer,
    I can confirm multiple times that MPScan will auto recognize one of Rob's FTDI cables after it is formatted and automatically connect to it. But, everytime I use MPTune, I have to go into the com ports and change the one it connects to. Can you see what is different between the two programs and how it auto-detects so we can get this small bug fixed. Thanks

what do you all have for com ports, particularly what do you have for usb devices plugged in?

boostaholic

I only have the FTDI cable plugged in. This is on my netbook. There are 2 Bluetooth ports it tries to connect to everytime, but I disabled both of them. There are no other peripherals plugged into this PC.

the problem is that mptuner selects ports in the following sequence: 1)ostrich 2)burn2 3)bluetooth 4)usb ftdi or generic 5)other. i probably could switch the bluetooth to be after the usb since that is what most are using at this time. even tho the bluetooth may be disabled i'm guessing the com identifying routine i'm using still locates the device holders.

Morris - sent you an e-mail about flashing...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

got it

Morris - with the LM Cal 4-bar MAP discussion going on, what do you think about combining our dis-assemblers and making a way to create a template from an existing cal (.bin) file?

My current dis-assembler almost does it already. Just needs a little more polishing up of the table data file.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Morris - with the LM Cal 4-bar MAP discussion going on, what do you think about combining our dis-assemblers and making a way to create a template from an existing cal (.bin) file?

My current dis-assembler almost does it already. Just needs a little more polishing up of the table data file.
    i'll email you.