Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: MPTuner

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

MPTune

****MPTune***

here is the link to download MPTune. Subsequent updates will typically be done automatically via the program's auto update feature.

MPTune

In this directory you will find:
    1) mptunesetup.zip - main install file (see below)
    2) mptune.exe - program executable in case auto update does not work. copy directly into C:\Program Files (x86)\MP Suite\MPTune directory.
    3) mpsuiteupdater.exe - executable in case auto update does not work. copy directly into C:\Program Files (x86)\MP Suite\MPTune directory.

what you need to do:
    -download the zip file to a temp directory
    -unzip and run setup.exe
    -this creates a MP Suite directory under the Program Files (<=win XP) or Program Files (x86) (> win XP) directory. Another directory will be created in the MP Suite directory called MPTune. This is where all the programs will reside. The data files will be located under the C:\Users\"username"\Documents\MPTune for windows versions > Win XP.

Don't forget to set up your com port! Let me know asap of any issues or features that are missing or don't work.

When MPTune is started, it will check if a newer version is available. If so, it will download it (message displayed on the status line) and then install it AFTER you exit the program. Give the update 10 seconds or so to get everything updated. The program should then be on the most current version when you restart it. if you are on windows vista or later, the user access control system will prompt you for permission to update the program. click allow.

Lastly, the default splash screen on startup is a picture i copied off the website. i love that pic. If the author/owner of that pic does not want that to be used let me know and i will replace it. Can't remember where i got it from so if it is a copyrighted issue let me know. As mentioned in the help, the startup picture can be replaced by the user with any picture they desire (be nice now!)

***Compressor map file available***
    version 2.0.3.9 and above allows the user to download a file that contains many compressor maps. download the zip file from the following link: mpgraphs.zip

-after you have downloaded the zip file you need to expand it into the user directory, usually something like C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\MPTune. you can figure out the directory by selecting the menu Help/Computer and looking at the "User File Directory". then when you go into the menu setting called "settings -> calculators -> turbo sizing" it should bring up a list of compressor maps. this file is huge so if you prefer you can just load in your own compressor maps using mptune2. This is done by using the menu setting called "miscellaneous -> images -> turbo list".

*** FTDI USB CABLE Info***
    -download ftdi prog program and invert tx and Rx signals using this program here - http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm#FT_PROG
    here's what to do:
    -start the ft_prog.exe program.
    -click on the magnifying glass to load in your ftdi device settings (obviously make sure you have it plugged in!!)

-click "hardware specific" group
    -make sure the load d2xx drive is NOT checked
    -click the "invert rs232 signals" group
    -make sure the invert txd and invert rxd boxes ARE checked.

-click the lighting bolt to program the device

Then:

-download and install the vcp drivers from here if you haven't already - http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
    -go to the windows device manager. under the group "universal serial bus controllers" right click on the item that should say something like "usb serial converter". click on the advanced tab and make sure that the item "Load VCP" is checked. You also may want to set the com port settings as shown for latency, although the program 'should' set the latency for you when it runs.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftid3.jpg 
Views:	5997 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	50448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftdi2.jpg 
Views:	6025 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	50447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftdi1.jpg 
Views:	6229 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	50446  
    Last edited by wowzer; 07-10-2020 at 10:23 AM. Reason: updated nas

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: MPTuner

T-SMEC v16 and T-LM v10 are both now posted in the cal repository. These are the latest versions of both and are compatible with MP tuner. Save on fuel and get a gas card. Learn these deals in Publix Ad.
    Last edited by BadAssPerformance; 11-11-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

sticky time

turbo addict

can you explain some of these extra functions? why do we have to set up the comm port?

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

I've been playing around with it for a few days and really like the interface so far. Hope to have the car together soon to put it to the test.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

turbo addict

so i cant seem to figure how to load a cal so i can see it in the tune section with the graph it just is blank

turbo addict

never mind i just got it!
    i know we just got this one but
    Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    version 2 is next which should be MUCH better
    what ideas do you have to make version 2 MUCH better? that way we already know and don't give you feedback on things you are already planning on changing

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    never mind i just got it!
    i know we just got this one but

what ideas do you have to make version 2 MUCH better? that way we already know and don't give you feedback on things you are already planning on changing
    OK - maybe MUCH is an exaggeration!

haven't thought alot about it yet other than:

1) rewrite it in vb.net or vc++.
    2) be able to edit ALL cals loaded, not just the main cal
    3) have the tuner be its own program and break out the others (trace, disassemble, etc) into their own.
    4) have a "setup" option to allow u to pick whichever text editor, hex editor, file compare program, etc. you want to use.
    5) go back to having the table "detail" pop up when needed, similar to dcal. will clean up the main display and most of that stuff isn't modified anyway.

all ideas r welcome. i would like to get the interface designed over christmas and then work on the code.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I'm happy with it so far. If there isn't a way to have the table info of just what is on the line displayed like in D-cal that would be nice. I like how the mouse shows the mouse location now, but it would be nice to lock into the graph too.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

I'll have to play with this some time, one evening, this is awesome,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I'm happy with it so far. If there isn't a way to have the table info of just what is on the line displayed like in D-cal that would be nice. I like how the mouse shows the mouse location now, but it would be nice to lock into the graph too.
    i'm not understanding either point u made!! can u try again? do u want the table info displayed? also the mouse shows both the actual x, y values as well as the graph y value. ??

turbo addict

this is great awesome work!!!!
    but now my brain hurts again going to take a while to to absorb it all in

good write up in the help sec

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

Nice work guys! This looks like a good evolution of the interface and functions combining features of DCAL and Chem, along with the templates and assembly code and their added tune features. So now you can do all your scaling, feature selecting and editing in one place. I assume you can also use this with your own bin file if you build a template file? I agree with Cordes, it would be nice if there was a point snapping ability. That is, rather then float over the point and possibly change it when selecting, it should snap to it. Then, using a cntl + arrow key combo move to another point. Just a thought Anyway, all you guys are doing great things with each iteration of these softwares.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

You can edit your own file if you have a table file for it (just like D-Cal and ChEM1). Or, you can dis-assemble it and create a template from it (a bit more work, I think).
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

i'm not understanding either point u made!! can u try again? do u want the table info displayed? also the mouse shows both the actual x, y values as well as the graph y value. ??
    From what little I have played with it, the mouse currently displays the X,Y values of where the mouse is at in the table. D-cal will "trace" the line on the table so that the Y value displayed will be that of the plotted line where the mouse is currently at X spot. Essentially D-cal locks the Y value to the plotted line.

Does that make more sense? There are times I wish I could have it either way.

cordes - in mptuner there are 2 y values. the first y value represents the y value of the exact position the mouse is at. the second y represents the graph y value based on the current x position.

jamesl - u can move between points once a point is selected by the page up and page down keys.

also, in looking at your and jamesl comments i found a bug in the way the mouse and keyboard keys work together in selecting points. i will post up version 1.0.1 tomorrow. this bug fix will also "snap" the mouse to the point as desired (i hope!).

keep looking, playing and giving feedback.

cordes - in mptuner there are 2 y values. the first y value represents the y value of the exact position the mouse is at. the second y represents the graph y value based on the current x position.

jamesl - u can move between points once a point is selected by the page up and page down keys.

also, in looking at your and jamesl comments i found a bug in the way the mouse and keyboard keys work together in selecting points. i will post up version 1.0.1 tomorrow. this bug fix will also "snap" the mouse to the point as desired (i hope!).

keep looking, playing and giving feedback.
    Thanks for all the work you have put into this. I really appreciate how people like yourself will share what they have done with a know nothing like me.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

3) have the tuner be its own program and break out the others (trace, disassemble, etc) into their own.
    4) have a "setup" option to allow u to pick whichever text editor, hex editor, file compare program, etc. you want to use.
    5) go back to having the table "detail" pop up when needed, similar to dcal. will clean up the main display and most of that stuff isn't modified anyway.

all ideas r welcome. i would like to get the interface designed over christmas and then work on the code.
    If you are going to do it in vb.net I'll be willing to help you. I started once a project which I eventually never released due to time constraints. My current working version is bug loaded but since I know them it isn't trouble to me but would be for those who accidently erase their entire cal history...

Basically I have quite some part of charting, version control and compare funcionality done. The way my tool worked was to "remote control" chem2 with it. I basically enhanced the calx schema to be able to do full editing in chem, then loaded the changes into a database and kept the binaries that way stored in the db. My aim was clearly being able to trace and document changes done to a calibration, not that much doing the cal with it (therefore remote controlling chem) The only thing I functionally never managed was graphing the last slope i.e. in a fuel curve.

So, if you are interested, I am happy to share the work...
    Let's play cars.....:bump2: [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2909181"]Visit my ride[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Wow i just started to try it now my Brain not hurting (hangover) this is great !

What is the chance of adding in a Nitrous routine ?

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

I would suggest JAVA instead.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast