Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1331

Thread: MPTuner

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: MPTuner

So i tried a test and I set my rev limiter down to like off at 3000 rpm in my cal, and them set the on to 2750.
    Tried a ride down the street and nothing.
    The turboflags stayed on enable spark the whole time.
    So not really sure what is going on.

2016-11-27_log.zip
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

Re: MPTune

Last I knew the main limiter wasn't spark cut. There were issues in the code and rob had to go back to fuel cut.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Re: MPTune

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Last I knew the main limiter wasn't spark cut. There were issues in the code and rob had to go back to fuel cut.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Well, that's not good. I didn't really like the idea of fuel cut under boost.
    But i guess it is better than the over-rev alternative.

The spark-cut rev limiter during staging works, so wonder what is different with the normal rev limiter.
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

turbo addict

It had to do with the code loop not being run above 4500rpm or whatever the value is. As long as you are not running additional fuel like a cold start injector or methanol injection then a fuel cut will be perfectly safe.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

It had to do with the code loop not being run above 4500rpm or whatever the value is. As long as you are not running additional fuel like a cold start injector or methanol injection then a fuel cut will be perfectly safe.
    So when the rev limit threshold is reached, and the ecu cuts fuel, does it at the same time stop the spark as well (normally)?
    I'm not using any extra injectors.
    But i always felt it was s bad thing to have fuel cut under boost. I just want to make sure things are "fail safe"
    And if i change the setup to fuel cut based rev limit, then i still have the spark cut for the staging limiter?
    Wayne H.

turbo addict

once the rpm limit is reached only the fuel is cut. The rpm limit fuel/spark setting is only for the staging limiter I believe, the main limiter is just always fuel based 19.6+

once the rpm limit is reached only the fuel is cut. The rpm limit fuel/spark setting is only for the staging limiter I believe, the main limiter is just always fuel based 19.6+
    I performed another test today. I set the configuration to "fuel based rev limit"
    I set my main rev limiter down to like 3000 rpm
    I set my staging limiter down to 2400rpm. Staging limited is only activated when foot on the brake.

Logs show the staging limiter cut fuel to maintain rpm.
    But when driving, I went right passed the 3000rpm main rev limiter with nothing happening.
    This worries me a bit!
    Here are the logs in .mpl and .csv There is a bit of extra crap from logging when warming up, but you can scan through easy enough.
    RPM_Limiter_Test_2016-11-30.zip
    Wayne H.

turbo addict

Is it possible you might still be on 19.5?

Is it possible you might still be on 19.5?
    When i pull up my .tpl it just says version 19, but i thought i was on v19.6
    How do i tell exactly?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1480539365414.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	59726
    Wayne H.

turbo addict

Go to the folder that contains your .tpl file and find the .ASM file. Open that with notepad and scroll down through the version history and check the last entry.

Go to the folder that contains your .tpl file and find the .ASM file. Open that with notepad and scroll down through the version history and check the last entry.
    Well, maybe that answers a bit...
    My .asm file info says the last version entry is 19.2 (01/07/13)

Does that file get created or modified when compiling a new cal?
    It has todays date on it which seems to match up with my testing earlier today.

So what do i have to do to fix it? Can i just swap those .asm files to the latest version? Or do i have to do something much more involved?
    What's weird is the "bang bang" staging limiter was added in v19.4 yet my .tpl has that in it as available?
    Wayne H.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Well, maybe that answers a bit...
    My .asm file info says the last version entry is 19.2 (01/07/13)

Does that file get created or modified when compiling a new cal?
    It has todays date on it which seems to match up with my testing earlier today.

So what do i have to do to fix it? Can i just swap those .asm files to the latest version? Or do i have to do something much more involved?
    What's weird is the "bang bang" staging limiter was added in v19.4 yet my .tpl has that in it as available?
    The date/time in windows is updated when you open the file. Without the magic of Rob to add in the code to your cal files the best way to get to the latest code is to grab a fresh vanilla copy of 19.6 and go through table by table and copy values over from your current cal.

The date/time in windows is updated when you open the file. Without the magic of Rob to add in the code to your cal files the best way to get to the latest code is to grab a fresh vanilla copy of 19.6 and go through table by table and copy values over from your current cal.
    Looks like I'll be busy tomorrow!
    Hopefully i can have the time i need to dedicate to that venture. I just downloaded new copies of all the Turbonator codebase files.
    I don't know how all that happened, but I'm glad i found out this now.
    Thanks for the help Ian.
    Wayne H.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

quick question, involving the T3 sbec1 cals, under the fuel section there are partthrottlelowmap, partthrottlehimap, and fullthrottlehimap for fuel maps and there are 3 scales also that are fuelcoldenrichments A,B, AND C. MY QUESTION IF YOU CAN FOLLOW ALONG WITH MY RAMBLINGS lol is enrichments map A relates to what throttle map? part or full, low or hi, also same ? for b and C maps
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

turbo addict

I think fuelcoldenrichments only matters when the car is in open loop, which should affect all three throttle tables depends on the throttle position sensor.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    quick question, involving the T3 sbec1 cals, under the fuel section there are partthrottlelowmap, partthrottlehimap, and fullthrottlehimap for fuel maps and there are 3 scales also that are fuelcoldenrichments A,B, AND C. MY QUESTION IF YOU CAN FOLLOW ALONG WITH MY RAMBLINGS lol is enrichments map A relates to what throttle map? part or full, low or hi, also same ? for b and C maps
    All 3 are active when cold. A and C are phased out after time. B is always active (but usually set to 0 at normal running temperature).
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    All 3 are active when cold. A and C are phased out after time. B is always active (but usually set to 0 at normal running temperature).
    This is true of all the cals, correct?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    This is true of all the cals, correct?
    Yep.

In the SBECII T1 calls (and Neon cals) there's a 3D table that has the same function.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Mitsu booster

it would be so awesome if this worked on jtec. just cruising the web for info on sae j2610 and came across this. jtec controllers bootstrap at 12v and flash at 20v just the same as the older controllers. should work.

boostaholic

I've got a feature request. I'd love it if there was a shortcut to set the boost targets and OB shutdown levels.