Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: MPTuner

Hybrid View

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

MPTune

****MPTune***

here is the link to download MPTune. Subsequent updates will typically be done automatically via the program's auto update feature.

MPTune

In this directory you will find:
    1) mptunesetup.zip - main install file (see below)
    2) mptune.exe - program executable in case auto update does not work. copy directly into C:\Program Files (x86)\MP Suite\MPTune directory.
    3) mpsuiteupdater.exe - executable in case auto update does not work. copy directly into C:\Program Files (x86)\MP Suite\MPTune directory.

what you need to do:
    -download the zip file to a temp directory
    -unzip and run setup.exe
    -this creates a MP Suite directory under the Program Files (<=win XP) or Program Files (x86) (> win XP) directory. Another directory will be created in the MP Suite directory called MPTune. This is where all the programs will reside. The data files will be located under the C:\Users\"username"\Documents\MPTune for windows versions > Win XP.

Don't forget to set up your com port! Let me know asap of any issues or features that are missing or don't work.

When MPTune is started, it will check if a newer version is available. If so, it will download it (message displayed on the status line) and then install it AFTER you exit the program. Give the update 10 seconds or so to get everything updated. The program should then be on the most current version when you restart it. if you are on windows vista or later, the user access control system will prompt you for permission to update the program. click allow.

Lastly, the default splash screen on startup is a picture i copied off the website. i love that pic. If the author/owner of that pic does not want that to be used let me know and i will replace it. Can't remember where i got it from so if it is a copyrighted issue let me know. As mentioned in the help, the startup picture can be replaced by the user with any picture they desire (be nice now!)

***Compressor map file available***
    version 2.0.3.9 and above allows the user to download a file that contains many compressor maps. download the zip file from the following link: mpgraphs.zip

-after you have downloaded the zip file you need to expand it into the user directory, usually something like C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\MPTune. you can figure out the directory by selecting the menu Help/Computer and looking at the "User File Directory". then when you go into the menu setting called "settings -> calculators -> turbo sizing" it should bring up a list of compressor maps. this file is huge so if you prefer you can just load in your own compressor maps using mptune2. This is done by using the menu setting called "miscellaneous -> images -> turbo list".

*** FTDI USB CABLE Info***
    -download ftdi prog program and invert tx and Rx signals using this program here - http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm#FT_PROG
    here's what to do:
    -start the ft_prog.exe program.
    -click on the magnifying glass to load in your ftdi device settings (obviously make sure you have it plugged in!!)

-click "hardware specific" group
    -make sure the load d2xx drive is NOT checked
    -click the "invert rs232 signals" group
    -make sure the invert txd and invert rxd boxes ARE checked.

-click the lighting bolt to program the device

Then:

-download and install the vcp drivers from here if you haven't already - http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
    -go to the windows device manager. under the group "universal serial bus controllers" right click on the item that should say something like "usb serial converter". click on the advanced tab and make sure that the item "Load VCP" is checked. You also may want to set the com port settings as shown for latency, although the program 'should' set the latency for you when it runs.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftid3.jpg 
Views:	6019 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	50448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftdi2.jpg 
Views:	6044 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	50447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftdi1.jpg 
Views:	6254 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	50446  
    Last edited by wowzer; 07-10-2020 at 10:23 AM. Reason: updated nas

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: MPTuner

T-SMEC v16 and T-LM v10 are both now posted in the cal repository. These are the latest versions of both and are compatible with MP tuner. Save on fuel and get a gas card. Learn these deals in Publix Ad.
    Last edited by BadAssPerformance; 11-11-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

sticky time

turbo addict

can you explain some of these extra functions? why do we have to set up the comm port?

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

I've been playing around with it for a few days and really like the interface so far. Hope to have the car together soon to put it to the test.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

turbo addict

so i cant seem to figure how to load a cal so i can see it in the tune section with the graph it just is blank

turbo addict

never mind i just got it!
    i know we just got this one but
    Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    version 2 is next which should be MUCH better
    what ideas do you have to make version 2 MUCH better? that way we already know and don't give you feedback on things you are already planning on changing

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    never mind i just got it!
    i know we just got this one but

what ideas do you have to make version 2 MUCH better? that way we already know and don't give you feedback on things you are already planning on changing
    OK - maybe MUCH is an exaggeration!

haven't thought alot about it yet other than:

1) rewrite it in vb.net or vc++.
    2) be able to edit ALL cals loaded, not just the main cal
    3) have the tuner be its own program and break out the others (trace, disassemble, etc) into their own.
    4) have a "setup" option to allow u to pick whichever text editor, hex editor, file compare program, etc. you want to use.
    5) go back to having the table "detail" pop up when needed, similar to dcal. will clean up the main display and most of that stuff isn't modified anyway.

all ideas r welcome. i would like to get the interface designed over christmas and then work on the code.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

3) have the tuner be its own program and break out the others (trace, disassemble, etc) into their own.
    4) have a "setup" option to allow u to pick whichever text editor, hex editor, file compare program, etc. you want to use.
    5) go back to having the table "detail" pop up when needed, similar to dcal. will clean up the main display and most of that stuff isn't modified anyway.

all ideas r welcome. i would like to get the interface designed over christmas and then work on the code.
    If you are going to do it in vb.net I'll be willing to help you. I started once a project which I eventually never released due to time constraints. My current working version is bug loaded but since I know them it isn't trouble to me but would be for those who accidently erase their entire cal history...

Basically I have quite some part of charting, version control and compare funcionality done. The way my tool worked was to "remote control" chem2 with it. I basically enhanced the calx schema to be able to do full editing in chem, then loaded the changes into a database and kept the binaries that way stored in the db. My aim was clearly being able to trace and document changes done to a calibration, not that much doing the cal with it (therefore remote controlling chem) The only thing I functionally never managed was graphing the last slope i.e. in a fuel curve.

So, if you are interested, I am happy to share the work...
    Let's play cars.....:bump2: [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2909181"]Visit my ride[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

I would suggest JAVA instead.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    hmmm NO
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Frank just curious what would adding java give you ?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I finally got everything installed. I followed the directions posted in the following link and it now works.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-d6d72ef5e349/

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I finally got everything installed. I followed the directions posted in the following link and it now works.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-d6d72ef5e349/
    It's good to here you got it working , Im ready to shot my laptop Elvis style!!!!!

turbo addict

How do i get mptune to overlay like in mptuner

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    How do i get mptune to overlay like in mptuner
    1. open the cal you want to compare to.
    2. On the 'base' cal, select the menu option 'comp cals'
    3. put a check mark next to the cal you want overlayed

You can do this for as many cals as you want now (I beleive). No 4 cal limit anymore...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

no updates i see mine working flawless

Would it be possible to get a total timing calculator in MPtune similar to the total timing spread sheet which was floating around a while back? I was thinking about making one in mathmatica which would be adjusted by moving the points in the tables or by inputing the dec or hex values. I thought it may be better overall to have it in MPtune so we can look at multiple cals at once and look at the total timing at once too.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Would it be possible to get a total timing calculator in MPtune similar to the total timing spread sheet which was floating around a while back? I was thinking about making one in mathmatica which would be adjusted by moving the points in the tables or by inputing the dec or hex values. I thought it may be better overall to have it in MPtune so we can look at multiple cals at once and look at the total timing at once too.
    The problem with that would be the differences in code between generations.

That spreadsheet you mentioned was wrong anyway. There's an additional table in the '89 (and later) T1 code that removes timing at WOT. That's why the WOT MAP timing table appears to have more timing than the PT table. Basically, Chrysler fudged a 3D surface using 3 2D tables. The '89 T2 and all earlier code does not have that table. The spreadsheet didn't take the multiplier table into account (MAPMUL_MultiplierOnMapAdvanceWhenRetarding_FromRp m).

Basically, anytime the advance from MAP is negative, the multiplier is applied. The multiplier is RPM dependent. It increases the amount of timing removed from the total when in boost. That table is only used for the WOTMAP and the CLDMAP timing tables.

You could still make a utility that calculated the total timing. It would just have to ignore the MAPMUL table in the cals that don't have it.

It would be pretty easy to do all of this in Excel...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

How do I get MP tune to make a bin file? I have loaded and adjusted the TPL flie, but I can't get it to make a bin file for me. I've tried dropping stuff in the MPassm deal, but it still won't do it I just get some crazy error. I've also hit compile in MP tune and that doesn't do anything for me either.

Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast