Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: MPTuner

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPTuner

great - now on to the total timing display issue!

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

hey Morris, i know you just posted a how to on the D-cal Table file.... but.....

can you make the program bark back at you (load bin file first or something like that) if you click that "make d-cal table file" button if you dont have a bin file loaded or even not allow it to be selected without a bin file being loaded. this will save me from having to walk simon through it over the phone when he is at the track and is all mad cause he cant get a bin and table to use in D-cal cause it looks all crazy. no rush of course.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict
    Which point do I adjust?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319645754.103673.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	34863  

Quote Originally Posted by roachjuice View Post
    Which point do I adjust?
    here is what i did:

-downloaded the stage 4 lm cals
    -unzipped
    -started mpt2 and opened up the template
    -pressed compile
    -opened up the bin file
    -selected settings, create dcal...
    -exited mpt2
    -started dcal
    -scrolled down to the table you show and this is what i got --->

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wotmap_dcal.PNG 
Views:	91 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	34864

turbo addict

ill have to try it again when i get home. i have remote desktop on my phone but its a bit slow on 3g sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    ... or even not allow it to be selected without a bin file being loaded. this will save me from having to walk simon through it over the phone when he is at the track and is all mad cause he cant get a bin and table to use in D-cal cause it looks all crazy. no rush of course.

Brian
    done. will be in next release

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Would you guys forget about Dcal already?!
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

turbo addict
    I like d cal. Simple. Effective.

So is MpTuner. MPTune is a little more complicated but not much, it's working pretty smooth now. Takes a minute to find everything and get used to, but once you do it's nice.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

turbo addict
    I like mp tuner. Very easy to use.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    done. will be in next release
    Wow a Simon fix!!!! didn't think that was possible

Does this screen shot interest anyone? Take a good look at the table group
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CalcTable.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	319.8 KB 
ID:	34906

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

wow. awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

double wow

hook us up bro!!!
    Last edited by bakes; 10-29-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I'm officially amazed.

Killer!
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

i need some advice on how the mapmul table fits in and i'm probably missing some other calcs. heres how i have it working currently for the full throttle graph.

1) add the map advance (WOTMAP) and spark advance (GOVNER) together based on the applicable psi and rpm intersection.
    2) compare the result in 1 to the minimum allowed advance (RPMLMT) and use the higher of the two.
    3) compare the result in 2 to the maximum allowed advance (SPKLMT) and use the lesser of the two.

is this the right logic so far? if so i just need to know how to fit the mapmul in.

lmk.

morris

oh ya - other that changing the WOTMAP table to HOTMAP for the part throttle, what other "calculated" 3d tables do we need to set up. i'm sure there are some fueling ones? i'll need to know the formulas for those also.

(and thx to cordes for providing a spreadsheet to help me get off dead center!)

i need some advice on how the mapmul table fits in and i'm probably missing some other calcs. heres how i have it working currently for the full throttle graph.

1) add the map advance (WOTMAP) and spark advance (GOVNER) together based on the applicable psi and rpm intersection.
    2) compare the result in 1 to the minimum allowed advance (RPMLMT) and use the higher of the two.
    3) compare the result in 2 to the maximum allowed advance (SPKLMT) and use the lesser of the two.

is this the right logic so far? if so i just need to know how to fit the mapmul in.

lmk.

morris
    Sounds right, at least for the LM cals. Rob L. will know more I'm sure. I think he mentioned something about advance multipliers in SBEC's not long ago, but it might just be in SBEC II cals.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

lmk.

morris
    That all looks great!

The calculations are right - except for MAPMUL. MAPMUL is a scaling factor for WOTMAP or HOTMAP when the lookup value from those tables is negative. It has no effect when the MAP advance vale is positive. So, if the MAP advance lookup value is -4degrees, for example, and MAPMUL is 1.25, then the actual MAP advance is -5degrees. But, at a lower RPM, MAPMUL might be 0.75, which would make the MAP advance -3 degrees. That value is then added to the RPM adance (GOVNER). Basically, this gives a true 3D shape to the timing tables.

oh ya - other that changing the WOTMAP table to HOTMAP for the part throttle, what other "calculated" 3d tables do we need to set up. i'm sure there are some fueling ones? i'll need to know the formulas for those also.
    I don't think our fuel tables need a 3D display. We don't vary the A/F vs. RPm, so a 3D representation of the fuel table would just look like an expanded 2D table. No 3D effect.

The one thing that would make the 3D calculated tables truly awesome, would be a compare function. Maybe a non-shaded overlay of the surface? Just the oulines in a diferent color? It would be very handy when tring to copy a 3D cal to a 2D codebase, for example.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    That all looks great!

The calculations are right - except for MAPMUL. MAPMUL is a scaling factor for WOTMAP or HOTMAP when the lookup value from those tables is negative. It has no effect when the MAP advance vale is positive. So, if the MAP advance lookup value is -4degrees, for example, and MAPMUL is 1.25, then the actual MAP advance is -5degrees. But, at a lower RPM, MAPMUL might be 0.75, which would make the MAP advance -3 degrees. That value is then added to the RPM adance (GOVNER). Basically, this gives a true 3D shape to the timing tables.

I don't think our fuel tables need a 3D display. We don't vary the A/F vs. RPm, so a 3D representation of the fuel table would just look like an expanded 2D table. No 3D effect.

The one thing that would make the 3D calculated tables truly awesome, would be a compare function. Maybe a non-shaded overlay of the surface? Just the oulines in a diferent color? It would be very handy when tring to copy a 3D cal to a 2D codebase, for example.
    So i just need to test the return values from wotmap/hotmap and, if negative, multiply them by the appropriate mapmul multiplier before adding to govner. i'll get that added to the formula. do all the cals have the mapmul in them (even if they have the wrong common name)? how about the wotmap,hotmap,spklmt and rpmlmt tables?