http://cgi.ebay.ca/87-88-89-90-Dodge...item5d273c5106

i need to change the seal beam anyway

Hybrid booster

Re: projector light on ebay ???

Quote Originally Posted by shelbymonster View Post
    anyone tried those ?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/87-88-89-90-Dodge...item5d273c5106

i need to change the seal beam anyway
    Those are regular H4 bulbs inside a tiny flashlight parabolic mirror. They are not projector housings as stated. Why take the giant mirrored original housing and reduce it to a flashlight beam?

Do not buy.

Derek

turbo addict

I wouldnt use them, i think they are ugly and typically the light output sucks for all ebay projector lights.

I swapped my sealed beams to composite and wired them for relays. WORK AWESOME a definite must have upgrade!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 1966 dart wagon View Post
    I wouldnt use them, i think they are ugly and typically the light output sucks for all ebay projector lights.

I swapped my sealed beams to composite and wired them for relays. WORK AWESOME a definite must have upgrade!
    ok thanks guys , i will definately wired them for relays , lighting sucks on those old cars

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 1966 dart wagon View Post

What is 'composite and wired for relays' mean? My car had the lights already converted to H4 housings, so I am not sure what use to be there...

Derek

composite means you can put a bulb in them instead of the sealed beam, using relays means your power from the switch goes through a relay and draws power directly from you battery instead of through a whole mess of wires, the headlight switch is then just a trigger wire. If you measure voltage at your light sockets you will probably find you lose a volt or so compared to you battery voltage

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    composite means you can put a bulb in them instead of the sealed beam, using relays means your power from the switch goes through a relay and draws power directly from you battery instead of through a whole mess of wires, the headlight switch is then just a trigger wire. If you measure voltage at your light sockets you will probably find you lose a volt or so compared to you battery voltage
    Oh I see - simple enough. I guess the stock harness is maybe a volt or two short of the relay/battery connection. Makes sense.

Derek

turbo addict

www.rallylights.com for true E1 coded H4 housings from Hella, Relay kits too. My cars throw more light than new cars with HID's. And where it needs to be, not in the faces of oncoming drivers.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

pictures of said headlights?
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I wanted to try those with HID's but never got around to it.

I now have knock off Ecode Hella's with HID's and it friggin rocks, can see for miles and miles and miles and I am not blinding anyone,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesismachine View Post
    pictures of said headlights?
    200mm E1 (germany) Lbody versions. http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=586

165mm Netherlands rated (E4 IIRC) http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1730

The 165mm E1's look the same as the 200mm's pictured just smaller. I bought the E4's because they're just a hair cheaper and wanted to try them since they have a clear lense. They work very well but I like the E1 hella's beam pattern just a hair better.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    It is more so the fact that the stock switches can burn up because of the amperage draw of higher output lights.

Quote Originally Posted by t3rse View Post
    It is more so the fact that the stock switches can burn up because of the amperage draw of higher output lights.
    that too, that switch was used on about every car/truck made in the 80s/90s suprising enough they actually had a recall on dakotas and it added another ground to the switch to try to take the load off

Garrett booster

i actually have a pair of similar (not black - standard chrome) oness on my conquest, and honestly they are bright as hell, dont know the life expectancy on the bulbs, but the housings actually work pretty well