Thread: I need your opinion, please.

Mitsu booster

I need your opinion, please.

Hello Bros. from USA, i'm writting from Mexico, my real name is Cesar and same as you are i'm an admirator of Chrysler's turbo cars in fact i own two of them, the number one is a 1988 Phantom (Lebaron in the US) standard 2.2l turbocharged and the second is another Phantom but this is an automatic 1992 model, this is in perfect condition and i have a doubt and it has to be with the electronics because i'm veru interested in buy a trimcal form fwd performance but they have for 1991 in the latest model so if i istall this trimcal which problems i may experiment, someone in Mexico told me that buy it that the only problem is that the car will send two fault codes 40 and 41 that are involved with the alternator and theres no more problem the trimcal atracts me because you cam modify gasoline, spark advance and it comes with four pre selected boost levels 12, 15, 18 and 22 psi
    I really apreciate your advices or maybe you can suggest more options to improve my car's performance
    best regards for all and have a nice day

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Re: I need your opinion, please.

If the computer is at fault then having it chipped won't affect that and will most likely waste your time and money fixing a bad computer.

You need to diagnose the issue, its either a bad alt, bad wiring or bad computer.

IF it is a bad computer, then you have 2 options, find a good used computer or run and external regulator, the only draw back to this is it sets a charging code, which isn't a big deal as you know why.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Codes are here: http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/fault/index.html

I agree with Simon that a new computer may not fix your problem. I would take the alternator off and see if you can have it tested somewhere.
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

Welcome to the forum!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Have you run across any Phantom RTs with the duel over head cam down there?