Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Convertible pics

Shadow Convertible pics

Today I did some work on the Shadow, in preparation of the upcoming winter weather. Replaced a bad ignition switch and swapped on a set of wheels with some not so decent tires. The original pumpers had a great set of Goodyears that I plan on using for another project.

I'm the second owner, the original owner was an older lady. No doubt the car needs a new top, and it has it's fair share of has rust...floors, wheelwells, doors...but man does this thing go down the road smooth and tight! Engine and auto tranny with the L/U torque converter work perfectly. It's one of those cars that's just a blast to drive, even though it isn't worth much or look very good.

Just figured I'd share pics because I really enjoy it when you all do

Please feel free to post your own Shadow convertible pics!!!

[FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Shadow Convertible pics

Holly hell does that car need a top bad.
    But not bad. If its a solid driver thats awesome.
    2nd owner car is also nice.
    Rust sux but alas I am sure you will take care of it

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Nice Paul, except that thing is BANZAI BLUE! I mean who would buy a blue, uh nevermind

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by turbokid View Post
    Holly hell does that car need a top bad.
    But not bad. If its a solid driver thats awesome.
    It's crazy how well this thing runs, and the suspension is incredibly tight going over tracks and everything...damn I hate putting stuff away for the winter months. If you're ever up this way, you can take it out and tear around in it

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Nice Paul, except that thing is BANZAI BLUE! I mean who would buy a blue, uh nevermind
    Ha ha yeah, no kidding Alan, I couldn't pass it up...even though I'd rather have a 5 speed like the one you posted a few weeks ago (what ever happened to that). This whole household has a thing for blue cars, it's not just me LOL
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heres mine. Will be in the jy by the first of the year.

Here it is when it was towed to my house after purchase:

That thing still runs Paul? I haven't ever seen it out from under the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Heres mine. Will be in the jy by the first of the year.
    Huh??? You have that beauty cleaned up nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    That thing still runs Paul? I haven't ever seen it out from under the cover.
    Heck yeah it runs great...put 45 miles on it today

So when do you want to tackle putting a new top on it?

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Huh??? You have that beauty cleaned up nice!
    Yeah, it doesn't look too bad, just too many projects and not enough time. I hate to do it but nobody seems overly interested. Come get it, I'll sell it to you for cheap.

So when do you want to tackle putting a new top on it?
    I'm not sure...after watching you wrench, I can just imagine the convertible top getting a boot kicked through it and slashed the hell up before finishing

Road trip!!!!!!! Let's go get it Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    I'm not sure...after watching you wrench, I can just imagine the convertible top getting a boot kicked through it and slashed the hell up before finishing
    Hey, I did some work on my Outback recently without even swearing at all... and also did some crap to my Voyager without injury or anger... I think it's just those damn Neons and Grand Caraturds that get me angry and injured.

Edit in: Boots? What are those?

Edit in: Boots? What are those?
    It's those things you should wear to cover up your hairy feet, you freaking Sasquatch

Does not have hair on his feet... wtf dawg?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

With a hole like that, I bet its tough to tell if the top is up or down.

Nice color combo though. Shadow verts rule!

turbo addict

Still looks good Paul. Its gotta be in better shape than my mom's shadow. That poor thing will be a flintstone mobile if it doesn't get some attention fast. Pretty soon these cars will be rare like the Cuda' verts if they keep ending up in yards.

Well Paul,
    You have all year. Get the car all nice and show worthy then bring it to Monster Mopar in September. I am there every year with a topless something lmao.
    3 years ago it was a lebaron, and the past 2 years its been a topless superbird

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

The blue Shadow ES turbo convertibles are one of my favorites. Paul I think you had that car at an SDAC didn't you?

Maybe at some point I'll get one of these.
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by turbokid View Post
    the past 2 years its been a topless superbird
    All I can say is, you lucky sonofagun!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    The blue Shadow ES turbo convertibles are one of my favorites. Paul I think you had that car at an SDAC didn't you?
    That's right Scott, it was at SDAC 15 in Cincinnati...I don't think the top was up all weekend LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast