Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All of my 8V stuff, big power pieces...

All of my 8V stuff, big power pieces...

I ran into an opportunity that I can't pass up guys. Sadly, it will mean that my build that I've been slowly working on since August of 2006, the last time the pump gas car was running, will be parted out and sold off to help fund it. I won't be leaving this community, that's for sure!

Pictures will be coming soon, I figured I'd get the word out now and let people start thinking about it.

SOLD- 1981 Dodge Omni 024, Super Stock E/C, D/C record holder. 13.2 @ 102 all motor, 2500 lb raceweight. This car is pretty much sold, but it was my new chassis to work off of and I figured you guys might like to see it. Plus if that falls through I'd like to have some other options. It's a very unique piece of Mopar history, as it was the development vehicle for Koeffel's Place for the NA engines used in the IMSA series.

Very low mileage car since it's been a race car it's entire life, and it DOES have a clean title to go with it!

All prices without shipping, and negotiable to a certain extent.

SOLD- Mexican cast common block, completely re-done top to bottom, 0 miles on it. Turns like butter, still in the bag from the machine shop! TurbosUnleashed K1 rods, Wiseco pistons at a .040 overbore, 8valves billet 4 bolt main caps, forged crank coated in Dart machineries oil shedding coating. Shortblock machined and assembled by Joe of Champion Racing Engines in SE MI.

Of course, brand new gaskets, seals, oil pump, as well as a never ran NOS oil pan. All ARP hardware. Deck machined finely for a Cometic MLS gasket, with a torqueplate, and the headgasket.

I have a receipt of nearly $1000 in machine work on the block, $500 in rods, $425 in pistons, and $425 in main caps, and of course the additional cost of the associated hardware and odds and ends, gaskets, oil pump, oil pan etc.

It was built to handle a very easy 400 WHP pump gas tune, and be ready to test the limits of whatever air could be pushed through it.

SOLD- My cherished 8 valve cylinder head. Based on a G head, with massively altered chambers comign out to a large 60.4cc chamber to help cope with pump gas.

IMSA intake valve and +1 exh valve. Flows over 212 cfm at .550" lift on the intake, and 162 cfm on the exhaust.

Very unique intake port shape derived from the LS1 world with a slanted floor with directional porting to help move the air around the tulip of the valve for a faster entry.

Valvetrain area machined with a flycutter around the valve guide boss to bring the OD smaller so a much lighter, more advanced PAC racing PAC-1518 LS1 nitrided beehive spring could be used.

http://www.pacracing.com/Street_Stri...Set_of_16.html

Kept in place with Titanium keepers and Ti retainers, the valvetrain lost over 600 grams of weight compared to the prior MP 061, moly retainers setup from the last pump gas build!!

This head has had over three variations of portwork done on it, continually pushing what a stock casting head can do without welding or filling. It is a very unique piece that is quite opposite in theory than many others view of "correct" work, but I don't think anyone can question that this baby WORKS. There aren't many 8V cars out there that are making over 400 WHP at 24 psi. On pump gas.

Comes with a Steve Menegon billet roller cam, dual patterned intake/exhaust at IIRC .535" lift. Steve might have better notes on who got what cam, I've had it for years and have never had the chance to run it, or the valvetrain sadly.

Head should have a quick surfacing done on it for whatever type of gasket you choose to run with it. Having the valve job checked wouldn't be a bad idea either, i did it religously before I ever torqued a head down.

SALE PENDING- Two piece intake, ported by Bryan LaForest (same as cylinder head) of Bully Performance. Inside runners coated in a pro-stock derived airflow coating to promote flow through the corners. Underside coated in a heat reflective coating.

Upper plenum made by me. Nice constant radius bend bellmouthing into the lower piece, the only plenums available that do so. This was the only one I made flanged for a Mustang bolt pattern, with a Edelbrock universal race TB, 70mm. Our stock cable is easily worked into the holes on the TB with a little drilling. Only mounting the cable bracket is left to do when it's installed in the vehicle. The upper plenum is fully polished as well.

http://www.streetperformance.com/par...8174-3811.html

Also included is a TU billet two piece fuel rail. TPS sensor is included with the TB, just wire the Ford connector to the Dodge harness and good to go.

This would have NO IAC motor on the car. A good tune will have no problem controlling the idle without one.

SOLD A413 tanny. Custom 5.38 gearset, and a prototype Gleason/Chrysler engineering Quaiffe type differential. Lightened drums and other do-dads done. RMVB of course. 0 miles, came from an NHRA Super Stock E/C Dodge Omni 024 that I bought and all of this stuff was going into.

SOLD- NAN Racing torque convertor. Estimated 3500 rpm stall, but that will depend on a lot of factors.

$200- Mopar Performance/Turbo Action 9" convertor, 4200-4500 stall speed, for the NA motor that was in the Super Stock car.

SOLD- Precision PT750 A/A IC.

$500- Spearco Core'd 1000 HP A/W IC. Custom built endtanks by me. 3" In/Out. -10 AN water lines.

$450- S70 turbo, 0 miles, from Turbos Unleashed. 3" SV pictured not included.

I have lots of other stuff, we'll start with that and see where it goes. Shoot me some offers, you never know.
    Last edited by 8valves; 12-04-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

Re: All of my 8V stuff, big power pieces...

sad to see you leaving TMs behind, buuuuuut whats the deal you can't pass up?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Dodge View Post
    sad to see you leaving TMs behind, buuuuuut whats the deal you can't pass up?
    I think this --

Quote Originally Posted by 8valves View Post
    I won't be leaving this community, that's for sure!
    -- means he'll still be here

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

keeping the daytona? cool!

turbo addict

Aaron, the omni 024.. If that falls through PLEASE let me know as my dad might be interested in it.. I take it is a roller too?

Yes, I'm keeping the Daytona around for a fun-mobile. I started out in this community of cars and I won't ever seperate from it entirely. Just moving into a different platform to fit my desires a bit closer than these cars can provide all the time.

If your dad is interested, money talks! I haven't recieved a deposit quite yet but expect one soon. The car is in Lakeland. Yes, it is a roller and is super rust free. It has a clean title, and comes with the Shelby front bumper with matching paint scheme, although it needs to be re-done.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Even in the plastic bag that block sure does look pretty

Pm'd about that intake for pics.

Is that shipped price?
    Last edited by trannybuster; 11-30-2009 at 01:07 AM. Reason: edit

First time the motor has ever seen daylight out of that bag! 10 minutes ago!

HEAD

INTAKE

Air/Water IC setup

Care to explain the theory behind the intake port floor angle?

Interested in this, Does it have a chry flange or a std. T3? ??? A/R turbine housing? What stage? Quick spool? Wastegate?
    More pics or anything else you have to say about it to seth@gfire.us
    Thanks, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Care to explain the theory behind the intake port floor angle?
    Of the cylinder head I assume? I explained it for the most part in the description I think. I am not the brainchild behind it either, that was the amazing work of Bryan LaForest of Bully Performance.

Quote Originally Posted by navyboy65 View Post
    Interested in this, Does it have a chry flange or a std. T3? ??? A/R turbine housing? What stage? Quick spool? Wastegate?
    More pics or anything else you have to say about it to seth@gfire.us
    Thanks, Seth
    Chrysler flange, .63AR, stock turbine wheel as S70's usually are. Unknown if it has the quickspool option, and it doesn't come with a wastegate actuator. A stock one can be used on it though. Still WAY cheaper than a new unit thorugh Chris. I just want to get rid of it so I don't put it on my Daytona.

More pics on their way.

Quote Originally Posted by 8valves View Post
    Of the cylinder head I assume? I explained it for the most part in the description I think. I am not the brainchild behind it either, that was the amazing work of Bryan LaForest of Bully Performance.
    Ah I see it, skimmed over it the first time Thanks.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

you have a pm

All PM's replied.

Car is sold.

Tranny is sold.

NAN convertor is sold.

Hit me with some offers guys!

Shortblock has been spoken for with a deposit on it.

Stuff is going quick guys! Jump on it with some offers!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Skibbe's Avatar

PM sent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast