View Poll Results: Will this get me in the 10 second club. Prior to upgrade 7.30 1/8th mile at 96.8mph

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Did miss anything in the upgrade. No NOS for me though.

0 0%
  • What do you think the car will ET 1/4mile.

0 0%
  • What mile per hour in the 1/4mile.

0 0%
  • What will the WHP be on the dyno.

0 0%
  • Allan would like to know if you yhink the car will blow up on the Dyno.

2 100.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shelby 924 gets some upgrades 10 second club

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Shelby 924 gets some upgrades 10 second club

Okay well for a week now I have been removing cutting relocating and putting on all the parts I have be hording. Dyno day is coming up. Turbos Unleashed is having Dyno days Dec 4 and 5 here in california. I will be bringing my car so if Im gonna get a new cal I figure its time to install all those new shinny and not so shinny parts before the tune. So I started by removing the battery and holder then the radiator I got out high speed cutter and moved the battery in front of the radiator. See pictures. I removed my Giant spearco and what seemed like 6 feet of tubing and Started making bracets for my new Water to Air IC see my aviatar. I am also switching to E85 so I installed my 120# injectors. Yes they are 120# click on thepictures and see the injector number. With E85 you need to flow 30 percent more fuel. I was running 83#s to the tune of 7.30 96.8 mph in the 1/8th with 1.66 60 foot time's. While I was installing my new injectors I took the opportunity to install my New Custom upper intake and a 58mm throotel body. Also on the table is a 22 quart water tank to cool the Water to Air IC. It will be holding dry ice at the track. Because of the E85 I bought and installed a new gas tank. They say E85 really cleans your tank out so for saftey I installed a new one and added a secondary filter just before the fuel rail. While the radiator was out I choose to replace it with an Omni AC radiator larger and safer with exstra cooling capacity. Also I replaced the old alternator with the smaller Nippondens one. This help's the radiator fit. I will be adding more pictures monday but here are a few for starters.

AMOPARCER
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Batery1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	331.0 KB 
ID:	18984   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batry2.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	260.7 KB 
ID:	18985   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batry3.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	364.3 KB 
ID:	18986   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Injector1.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	521.3 KB 
ID:	18987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Injector2.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	397.6 KB 
ID:	18988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bottomofmani.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	557.1 KB 
ID:	18989  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buisnessend.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	321.9 KB 
ID:	18990   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frontviewmani.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	569.6 KB 
ID:	18991   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	portedlower.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	448.9 KB 
ID:	18992  

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Shelby 924 gets some upgrades 10 second club

That looks pretty good. Do you have any pics of the whole car? I don't think I have ever seen any before that I can recall.

I will post some monday oh look on youtube shelby 924 at Irwindale. I will go look for the link.

Ya pics would be sweet.
    Sounds like a crazy set up.
    What numbers are you looking for?

10 seconds would be good. View the car at November 13 Irwindale. Do note I had 2 stupid people with me running the Mega cab truck in the races. They were to busy to get the 7.44 pass at 95. The week before I ran 7.30 at 96.8 when the next morning I was doing a visual before giving a neighbor A lil ride I noticed my air cleaner was not attached to the turbo inlet. Opps. So in the vid you are watching I could not remove the air cleaner. I needed a wrench the clamp was in an impossible spot. So now Im upgrading to a 4 inch air cleaner set up. Because of the GT30DBB with the anti surge housing the turbo inlet is 4 inch might as well use a 4 inch air tube and cleaner.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amoparacer View Post
    10 seconds would be good. View the car at November 13 Irwindale. Do note I had 2 stupid people with me running the Mega cab truck in the races. They were to busy to get the 7.44 pass at 95. The week before I ran 7.30 at 96.8 when the next morning I was doing a visual before giving a neighbor A lil ride I noticed my air cleaner was not attached to the turbo inlet. Opps. So in the vid you are watching I could not remove the air cleaner. I needed a wrench the clamp was in an impossible spot. So now Im upgrading to a 4 inch air cleaner set up. Because of the GT30DBB with the anti surge housing the turbo inlet is 4 inch might as well use a 4 inch air tube and cleaner.
    Deffinatly feed a 4" inlet with a 4" mandrel intake tract. Went I set out to run 10's 4 years ago my formula looked like this; 100+mph in the 1/8th + 1.7X or better 60' ending with a 130mph+ trap speed = 10's. Things I've learned since then, 330' time is more important than 60', time lost during shifting hurts you WAY more trying to run 10's than 11's!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

boostaholic

I am new to these turbo mopars, but not to drag racing, so go easy on me.

I fail to see how the mods that you have made in post#1 are going to gain you 2 seconds in the 1/4.

IIRC, 7.30s are about a 12.00 1/4 mile.

E85, is def going to help and the added cooling and new intercooler will help, but I do not see 10 seconds, (11.40s maybe) but I know nothing about your vehicle.

Can you post some info in your sig? Thanks!

Good Luck!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

I think it is a pretty lofty goal too 54 but that's what goals are for right? Set the bar high... 7:36 is already about an 11:40 and with the dyno tune and reconfiguring the inlet for the turbo I think +50 HP is pretty resonable. that should get him close plus he did a few chassis mods for a better launch soooo

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Im not sure how to answer this poll, because none of the options are answers to a question.

But that said.

I'm wondering if you will need that extra cooling capacity when running E85, as that will cause the engine to run much cooler itself.

But I am wondering about the intercooler. 22 quarts of fluid, plus what is in the intercooler and hoses, plus the pump. You are probably going to be adding 50+ lbs of weight to the car over a good air-to-ar setup, on a car that is running mostly alcohol for fuel anyway. Im not sure if the pros outweigh the cons. I have seen some turbo drag cars running on alcohol that don't bother with an intercooler at all.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Two biggest things that stick out right off the top of my head. 1st, is it a 5 spd or auto? If it's auto than you need pay NO attention to my formula.....it's for stick cars. 2nd, how is your exhaust running off that turbo? If you don't have at least a full 3" mandrel exit coming off your turbo it's going to be harder.

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Im not sure how to answer this poll, because none of the options are answers to a question.

But that said.

I'm wondering if you will need that extra cooling capacity when running E85, as that will cause the engine to run much cooler itself.

But I am wondering about the intercooler. 22 quarts of fluid, plus what is in the intercooler and hoses, plus the pump. You are probably going to be adding 50+ lbs of weight to the car over a good air-to-ar setup, on a car that is running mostly alcohol for fuel anyway. Im not sure if the pros outweigh the cons. I have seen some turbo drag cars running on alcohol that don't bother with an intercooler at all.
    +10

Seems like you went backwards on the IC mods. Like, if you were switching from E85 to gas you should upgrade your IC not the other way around. But hey, cooler charges never "HURT" but the weight will.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Stramer View Post
    If your goal is to be in the ten second club do what eveyone else seems do be doing lately, just install NOS, and get it over with. Or better yet 16V with NOS.
    OUCH! LMAO you gonna take that PAT, REEVES, MIKE, ETC????
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    I think it is a pretty lofty goal too 54 but that's what goals are for right? Set the bar high... 7:36 is already about an 11:40 and with the dyno tune and reconfiguring the inlet for the turbo I think +50 HP is pretty resonable. that should get him close plus he did a few chassis mods for a better launch soooo
    I don't think the goal is lofty, just the present changes he's made and expecting 10s with said changes. A 7.36 is closer to a 12.00 or 12.10 by my calculations.

I was also thinking about the larger radiator and A/W IC adding additional weight. Water alone weighs 8 lbs per gallon.

Again, good luck and post some specs on the engine, tranny suspension, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
    I don't think the goal is lofty, just the present changes he's made and expecting 10s with said changes. A 7.36 is closer to a 12.00 or 12.10 by my calculations.
    What formula are you using? The usual factor is 1.57. That puts a 7.30 1/8 mile at 11.46 1/4 mile. That's less than half a second from 10's. Granted he's making a lot of changes at once and it may take a few trials to get it sorted out but there's defiitely enough hardware to do it.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by mock_glh View Post
    What formula are you using? The usual factor is 1.57. That puts a 7.30 1/8 mile at 11.46 1/4 mile. That's less than half a second from 10's. Granted he's making a lot of changes at once and it may take a few trials to get it sorted out but there's defiitely enough hardware to do it.
    Oh you are right, I am not sure why I have 1.65 stuck on the brain, but it is 1.57.

I digress, apologize and I wait the scheduling of my public flogging!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Oh you are right, I am not sure why I have 1.65 stuck on the brain, but it is 1.57.

I digress, apologize and I wait the scheduling of my public flogging!
    I'm not sure about calculations...

I don't think the goal is lofty, just the present changes he's made and expecting 10s with said changes. A 7.36 is closer to a 12.00 or 12.10 by my calculations....
    From our database... 7.36 1/8 gets you 11.20's

http://www.turbo-mopartimes.com/

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

OKay lets get this right My car has run the best at 7.309 at 96.87 (not 7.36) 7.309 at 96.8

but that will all be short lived because on saturday I will be at california speed way 1/4 mile and let it all hang loss with my new stuff and my new dyno tune by Turbos Unleashed Paul Velliky. Im looking for 7.1 at 102 AND 10.90 AT 135 THERE NOW YOU ALL HAVE ME WITH MY PANTIES IN A BUNCH.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

OKay lets get this right My car has run the best at 7.309 at 96.87 (not 7.36) 7.309 at 96.8

but that will all be short lived because on saturday I will be at california speed way 1/4 mile and let it all hang loss with my new stuff and my new dyno tune by Turbos Unleashed Paul Velliky. Im looking for 7.1 at 102 AND 10.90 AT 135 THERE NOW YOU ALL HAVE ME WITH MY PANTIES IN A BUNCH.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Was it tuned on an intertia dyno or a load dyno?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Says something for hooking up!!! My SRT ran a 7.8 at 96.8mph last week.

102 in the 1/8 IMO isn't going to net you a 135 in the 1/4 unless you are changing something once you get down the track some. Like more boost or a shot of the gas.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    One more thing.... Anyone else running 10's with power wondows?

Lynn, PM me if you want me to clean up your project log thread and move this side trip discussion to a new thread!
    I ran almost 97mph in the 1/8th. In a heavy SRT, front power windows, the spare tire, a 10" sub with AMP, and the wife's purse. Does that count for anything??
    2022 Viper runs 9s

If you go 7.1 @ 102 and finish with 135mph trap I will say you WILL see a 10.

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast