Quote Originally Posted by EZEILL View Post
Did you give detailed information about the gearing of the front parts in your thread after you had excitedly reassembled the front diff? Also googling has lead me to think the 2001-2004 and possibly 1991+ final drive ratio is 3.43, this gear ratio thing is annoying to figure out. One person saying this parts ratio doesn't matter, another saying the rear has to match/be close to the fronts ratio. The only responses I feel we can trust would be from those who have completed the builds, like Carlos. No offense intended.
except that just about all of us that have desired to do this swap (i have a complete driveline from a 2001 awd caravan in my garage right now) have talked to carlos before he passed and have taken a look at or physically have the parts on hand. and we've all talked with each other for years about how this system works. you dont need to forage out on your own because all the info has been figured out already.

the ptu is driven at the same rate as the front axles because its driven off of the front differential carrier which is turned by the ring gear. the front diff ratio isnt important at all.

the relationship between the front PTU and the rear diff is the ratio you need to be concerned with. mixing and matching parts from different models will make it more important to know the gear ratios between the PTU and front diff.

ok, just looked it up via google---> "site:turbo-mopar.com 3.42 3.45 awd" as the search string so i could search 3 character combinations that this site doesnt like to search.

straight from the horses mouth like i said.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...l=1#post383681

read this thread. i only posted a single post cause the thread is huge.... this is where alot of discussed and figured out how the system worked.

stick with caravan stuff and you wont have a problem.

carlos used a 91 ptu and a later van rear with the torque arm like i have.

Brian