Re: Allwheel Drive Omni GLH SRT4

Or look at pages 10 -13

Garrett booster

Looks confusing lol.

Hybrid booster

Hi every one
    I know it's been a long time sense I post anything about the omni.
    Hang in there with me this summer should be the year I know I have said that before. But now I have a nice garage whare I can work on it . I do have a new update video of the omni it's nothing special.if anyone wants to share the video and put it in this thread feel free to do so youtube name. MrShelbydodge

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Nice to know the project still lives! Looking forward to updates, even (or is that especially) the hurdles that must be overcome, as this is where most folks will benefit from your experience (not repeating the same mistake, etc).

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Hybrid booster

https://youtu.be/ZWXBl2iOdS0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the newest video^^^^^^^^

I had some time too look at the Car .. it looks like I need to move the pully in more on the power steering pump. And I need to move the crank pully in some too..then figure out the next problem. .
    Last edited by 663csx-t; 02-26-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Or go manual or electric PS. ..whatever is most practical.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

- Edmund Burke

Hybrid booster

I have been thinking about it. I figured I'll try to fix it but If i can't I just might go that route

Hybrid booster

You did move along. You got new door handles
    Projects a full of hurdles. Looking forward to seeing more updates.

Hybrid booster

Yes it's moving along little by little .and yes new door handles thanks to this guy named uummm what was his name oo ya it was you lol thsnks again

Hybrid booster

I may have figured out why the car would smoke under boost
    The gasket for the oil return line was leaking and the oil feed line was also leaking. That's way I think it would smoke under boost oil would spray out getting On the down pipe and on hot turbo. hopefully I'll find out this weekend for sure.i also may have fixed the power steering to.. wish me luck

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 663csx-t View Post
    I may have figured out why the car would smoke under boost
    The gasket for the oil return line was leaking and the oil feed line was also leaking. That's way I think it would smoke under boost oil would spray out getting On the down pipe and on hot turbo. hopefully I'll find out this weekend for sure.i also may have fixed the power steering to.. wish me luck
    If it doesn't smoke at 60 in 3rd gear (similar results rpm & oil pressure ), it could be crank case pressure - try loosening the oil fill cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hybrid booster

Hi guys it's been a long time since I posted anything .I really dont have time to work on the car. Plus I'm lost on some stuff . I want to see if anyone in or near toledo ohio that know's the 2.4 moter's by the back hand welling to donate some of there time to come help me get this car going . I know there is some smart 2.4 guys in ohio but I forgot there names. Not only would it be for me it's for lotsaboost too thanks.
    Last edited by 663csx-t; 09-11-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

What's it doing?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Hybrid booster

It wants to stall shortly after I start it .. and sounds funny when trying to start it .. it's been awhile since I have work on it so I'm sure there tis something I forgot about.

Garrett booster

Geez, my memory is so bad I forgot I had even commented here. For the most part, this does look very simple to do, minus acquiring the right parts. There are still a few things that I don't understand due to incomplete information, case in point he spoke about machining and flipping a gear on the front differential but for me that scrap of info is confusing. One thing I am wondering about is whether or not there is a REAL need to make custom framing to tie in the rear of the car to the front. He didn't do it on the omni, so I wonder if I even need to bother on my charger. Another thing, can someone please link me to wherever the info is for the dedion stuff is, the links earlier in the thread don't lead to any info and I want to see the original design/info. Sometime in the hopefully near future I am going to start my own thread to log my progress, and discuss curiosities of mine.

Garrett booster

Forgot to mention, stay away from the 07 pacifica rear diff unless you are looking to spend money on custom made gears as the ratio is 2.357142857142857 based on me counting the teeth out to 33 and 14.

There's a lot of good info in this thread, if you haven't already been over it: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...19865-AWD-Omni

I posted pictures of most of the parts (91 AWD Van), and Carlos gave his input into what he did in a number of cases, we were going to be doing things differently, a "more than one way to skin a cat" kind of a thing...

Mike

- Edmund Burke

Here's another AWD thread with some good info: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...-speed-minivan!

Mike

- Edmund Burke

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by EZEILL View Post
    Forgot to mention, stay away from the 07 pacifica rear diff unless you are looking to spend money on custom made gears as the ratio is 2.357142857142857 based on me counting the teeth out to 33 and 14.
    If you get the matching transfer case it shouldn't be an issue, but the transfer case it TOTALLY different than the van. What's the ratio of the van rear? The viscous coupling is always slipping a certain percentage to be able to have the "instant" response, so maybe a small percentage off isn't that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    ...the transfer case it TOTALLY different than the van.
    Curious to see it, I'm wondering what they did different, and if it would provide more room for a starter, etc...

Mike

- Edmund Burke