Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 1989 Chrysler Daytona Shelby T-tops

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo_Rampage's Avatar

Re: 1989 Chrysler Daytona Shelby T-tops

Quote Originally Posted by turbokid View Post
    Lol then you can do mine =)
    LMAO looking good. Can't wait to see it complete

I'll put your car on my "to do" list,

Thanks man, yeah I'm hoping to get the car all put back togather and wetsanded late next week, Then get the car hauled over to the shop where it will be painted in a booth... These are my hopes because I've got a lot of assembly and cleaning ahead of me to be driving this car by May. Oh I also got some mint original fog lights for this car kindly donated from my VNT car, . ... The VNT car won't be seeing the road anytime soon, so I permanatly borrowed the lights. When it comes time to do that car I'll have to track another set down.. They seem impossable to find!

turbo addict

i cant wait to see this thing all done and put my car on that todo list
    those fog lights suck it took me a year to find a set with good glass and the back was all rotted away so i sold them
    and now i need just one for the new car

I have a nice set for my car.
    I really need to get the car restored since its on its way to sliding the down the slippery slope in condition. Its just to the point where restoring it wouldn't be painful but maybe in a year or 2 it could be.
    I haven't truly decided the fate of the car quite yet. Right now it drives well and its semi presentable.
    I wish I could do what you are doing. But with college looming within this year I have to save all the money I can.
    Keep the updates coming

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmesich View Post
    i cant wait to see this thing all done and put my car on that todo list
    those fog lights suck it took me a year to find a set with good glass and the back was all rotted away so i sold them
    and now i need just one for the new car
    Alright i'll add your car to my "to do" list as well, . These fog lights are very hard to find in decent shape and there's not one aftermarket one out there that fits nicely... atleast from what i've seen. The cat head (or bat?) in the factory foglights are pretty neat too.

I have a nice set for my car.
    I really need to get the car restored since its on its way to sliding the down the slippery slope in condition. Its just to the point where restoring it wouldn't be painful but maybe in a year or 2 it could be.
    I haven't truly decided the fate of the car quite yet. Right now it drives well and its semi presentable.
    I wish I could do what you are doing. But with college looming within this year I have to save all the money I can.
    Keep the updates coming
    Well im sure you'll keep care of the car enough in the meantime until you get a chance to restore it... i know what you mean tho on the condition worsening if you dont get on it right away. I got my car just in time! The paint was falling off the roof and hatch and the factory sealer was just starting to wear to the metal and get surface rust... im sure if i left it any longer it would have started pitting the metal. plus the urethane bumpers, wing extensions and ground effects on these cars like to deteriorate pretty fast if they start losing paint... i had to replace the drivers side wing extension on this car because it was rotten from the paint wearing away and the UV's and weather getting to it. you wanna sell one of those S60 kits?

I dont have any updates yet... the passenger quarter still looks the same as the picture i posted up, haha. I blocked it and primered it for the 3rd time tonight, so its nice and straight! Tomorrow im going to start prepping the door jams and hatch area... and the T bar, i have to strip all the factory silicone and sealant off of it and prep it to be painted gloss black like the trim.

6hrs of removing silicone around the T-bar was enough to drive me crazy! Tomorrow night im going to paint it black (base clear) and then i'll begin prepping the door jams for paint. It's getting there,

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Those Marchal fog lights (cat head) are hard to find in good condition.

I have some in my parts car. They look great. I wanna polish them then stick them on my car.
    Q

Well i got it the T bar painted tonight and it turned out perfect, . I was really worried about fish eyes from all the silicone, but luckily i never got one... i used ALOT of wax and grease remover! haha. Tomorrow morning i'll begin prepping inside the doors.

My digital camera clearly sucks under neon lights, so these are the best pics i took.

Based.

Cleared.

turbo addict

damn this thing is just looking beautiful

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Rampage View Post
    Alright i'll add your car to my "to do" list as well, . These fog lights are very hard to find in decent shape and there's not one aftermarket one out there that fits nicely... atleast from what i've seen. The cat head (or bat?) in the factory foglights are pretty neat too.
    Sounds good what # am i in line?
    i dont like the look of aftermarkets and the cat-eyes just look awesome i luckily have one perfect set

I want to see it finished, work faster LOL

It looks so nice I'm drooling
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

damn this thing is just looking beautiful
    Thanks man. It's nice to see people starting to appreciate these cars and i hope this one helps out with that when it's finished,

Sounds good what # am i in line?
    i dont like the look of aftermarkets and the cat-eyes just look awesome i luckily have one perfect set
    Haha i'll have to check my list, . Yeah I wish they were still available new!

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    I want to see it finished, work faster LOL

It looks so nice I'm drooling
    Thanks! I'm trying to work as fast as i can here, . I work 10 hours and then come home and put about 4 hrs in it every day after work and then i usually spend most of my weekends working on it.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

You need a girlfriend Randy................but not until you're done the car .

I may be in the neighboorhood tomorrow so if time allows I'll swing by.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    You need a girlfriend Randy................but not until you're done with JohnMesich's car

just fixed your post for you a little

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    You need a girlfriend Randy................but not until you're done the car .

This car takes way too much time out of my life... i cant wait until it's finished! I'm hoping in 4 weeks it will be painted and mostly put back togather.

Yeah give me a call if your around here tomorrow.. i should be around. Tomorrow morning i'll be painting the jams and then the shop will be stunk out for most of the day.. I might be going to town to help Dustin get his car running... has he tried getting ahold of you? his car is still bucking when it's cold.

just fixed your post for you a little
    you guys are too funny!

Last edited by Turbo_Rampage; 02-12-2010 at 11:44 PM.

Painted!

I just need to paint the rear wheel well edges and inside the gas cap and then the body is done and reassembly begins... i have the hatch to finish as sell.

Garrett booster

[QUOTE=Turbo_Rampage;623509]Thanks man. It's nice to see people starting to appreciate these cars and i hope this one helps out with that when it's finished,

Haha i'll have to check my list, . Yeah I wish they were still available new!

2 years ago I bought a couple brand new ones for my car at the dealer, they were $135 a piece.

Car is coming along quite nicely too! I wish I could have done all the paint and body work on mine, but my job takes up 60-80 hours a week in the summer.

boostaholic

not OEM, but cheap alternative to the camero/firebird window scraper problem:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...hlight=scraper

WOW looks GREAT.
    Lol so I slide my car in next =)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilancer View Post
    2 years ago I bought a couple brand new ones for my car at the dealer, they were $135 a piece.

Car is coming along quite nicely too! I wish I could have done all the paint and body work on mine, but my job takes up 60-80 hours a week in the summer.
    maybe i'll call the dealer and see if there still available... thanks, i almost wish someone else did my car,

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    not OEM, but cheap alternative to the camero/firebird window scraper problem:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...hlight=scraper
    Thanks for the link, i'm hoping someone will come along in the meantime with a set of NOS ones, but i'm starting to lose hope in that...

WOW looks GREAT.
    Lol so I slide my car in next =)
    haha just bring on over that GLHS then we'll talk,

I didnt really work on the car much this weekend, but i managed to get the doors on, front bumper, rear tail section and the windshield in... the rear hatch is in it's final primering and all i have to do is paint the bottom side and put it on.. tomorrow i'll get the hood on and hopefully finish up the hatch and then its all ready to be wetsanded and off to the paint booth,

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast