Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 1989 Chrysler Daytona Shelby T-tops

turbo addict

Re: 1989 Chrysler Daytona Shelby T-tops

car is looking great man!
    i do like those wheels alot but nothing beats pumpers on a daytona IMO
    and i spot another rampage in that last picture

EDIT: the more i look the more i like the cars stance with those wheels what kind of tires are on them?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo_Rampage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmesich View Post
    car is looking great man!
    i do like those wheels alot but nothing beats pumpers on a daytona IMO
    and i spot another rampage in that last picture

EDIT: the more i look the more i like the cars stance with those wheels what kind of tires are on them?
    Thanks!

That's an old ford truck box, which is used for burning leaves,
    Yeah it's a 50/50 thing for me... im still gonna get the Pumpers powder coated, but i really like the look of these wheels on the car... they really fill the wheel well out, unlike pumpers that sit to far in. I believe there Federal tires and they are 205/50/17

I'm still waiting on my T-top door trim (good ol Canada post lost my money order, so it's been a 3 month waiting period) but hopefully i get my money back soon, so i can resend the money for the trim! I also ordered new headliner material, which will be here Tuesday... these are the two main things holding me back on finishing up the car.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor GLHS60's Avatar

Don't forget the 89 Shelby T top car that I want to get rid of. My yard has finally dried up so come have a look.

Thanks
    Randy

There is no logical reason to call an Engine a motor.

Randy Hicks
    86 GLHS60
    86 GLHS 373 : SOLD, but never forgotten
    89 Turbo Minivan
    83 Turbo Rampage : SOLD
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada

That thing looks hella sick.
    My car will be back to driving status this week hopefully.
    So I drive to Canada now right for my makeover LMAO!
    Q

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS60 View Post
    Don't forget the 89 Shelby T top car that I want to get rid of. My yard has finally dried up so come have a look.

Thanks
    Randy
    Thanks for showing me the car Randy, I'll call you this weekend. I might drive this Blue Shelby out your way and you can have a look at it in person... that's if it doesn't rain!

Quote Originally Posted by turbokid View Post
    That thing looks hella sick.
    My car will be back to driving status this week hopefully.
    So I drive to Canada now right for my makeover LMAO!
    Q
    Thanks! HAHA i don't wanna touch a piece of sandpaper in a little while after finishing the bodywork on this car!

I finally finished the front chin spoiler for the car and finished putting on all the decals on... Still waiting on my headliner material and Canada Post to refund me my money, so i can reorder the door trim.. its been over 3 months now, So those are two things that are preventing me from finishing the car.

It is super dusty from sitting in the shop!
    Last edited by Turbo_Rampage; 04-22-2010 at 11:31 PM.

turbo addict

the rims have grown on me they look great on there
    paint looks better then it did 21 years ago

[QUOTE=Turbo_Rampage;652608]Thanks for showing me the car Randy, I'll call you this weekend. I might drive this Blue Shelby out your way and you can have a look at it in person... that's if it doesn't rain!

I'm glad you got a look at it at least, we can take it for a run sometime if you like.
    Drive any of them over!! I was disapointed not to get a look at the white one you were driving but we ran out of time, and I haven't even seen your red one up close yet. And it's raining now, perhaps it will dry up for the weekend.

Thanks
    Randy

Randy Hicks
    86 GLHS60
    89 Turbo Minivan
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada

the rims have grown on me they look great on there
    paint looks better then it did 21 years ago
    Thanks, they suite the car well i think!

[quote=GLHS60;652669]
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Rampage View Post
    Thanks for showing me the car Randy, I'll call you this weekend. I might drive this Blue Shelby out your way and you can have a look at it in person... that's if it doesn't rain!

I'm glad you got a look at it at least, we can take it for a run sometime if you like.
    Drive any of them over!! I was disapointed not to get a look at the white one you were driving but we ran out of time, and I haven't even seen your red one up close yet. And it's raining now, perhaps it will dry up for the weekend.

Thanks
    Randy
    Hey Randy, i had a busy weekend, and they weather hasn't been the greatest, so does next weekend sound good?

I got the headliner material in on Friday and put it up... what a PITA these T-top cars are! it wasn't easy stretching that material around the T-top opening and gluing it in place... anyways here's some pics!

Stripped all of the sagging headliner off and sanded all the foam off with 220 grit.

Repaired a crack with some mesh (the same stuff used to repair broken plastic bumpers)

Gluing the headliner in place with 3M 8090 glue (high heat extra strength)

All glued in and trimmed off.

Installed... came out looking perfect, .

Just another pic of it outside... took it for a drive.

[QUOTE=Turbo_Rampage;653554]Thanks, they suite the car well i think!

[quote=GLHS60;652669]

Hey Randy, i had a busy weekend, and they weather hasn't been the greatest, so does next weekend sound good?

Fine with me. I'm also around most afternoons if your schedule permits. Your car looks great.

Took it for a drive!! You're only about 10 min. from me!! LOL

Thanks
    Randy

Randy Hicks
    86 GLHS60
    89 Turbo Minivan
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada

LOL that thing looks AWESOME!
    I am so jealous. I also need to do my headliner.
    Q

[quote=GLHS60;653557][QUOTE=Turbo_Rampage;653554]Thanks, they suite the car well i think!

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS60 View Post

Fine with me. I'm also around most afternoons if your schedule permits. Your car looks great.

Took it for a drive!! You're only about 10 min. from me!! LOL

Thanks
    Randy
    Awesome, i'll try for sometime this week, but if not this weekend for sure! I only drove to to get some gas... it was pretty damn cold!! I'm actually about 30 minutes from you.

LOL that thing looks AWESOME!
    I am so jealous. I also need to do my headliner.
    Q
    Have fun redoing the headliner! It isn't fun!

I went to the local car show today and there was a swap meet and i found two original 1989 Chrysler brochures! I also bought a 1991 Daytona Brochure... he had alot of TD ones, but i only bought these three... they have all the options listed off as well as paint chips with all the different colours on one of the 1989 ones.

turbo addict

OHHH the 91 brochure is awesome!
    i was at a swap meet as a guy was buying it i asked if i could just check it out real quick
    I'm sure u already spotted the visor phone option

OHHH the 91 brochure is awesome!
    i was at a swap meet as a guy was buying it i asked if i could just check it out real quick
    I'm sure u already spotted the visor phone option
    Haha this one doesn't show the visor phone... this is just the Daytona brochure (canadian edition) but my friend has a 1991 brochure that has all the 1991 cars in it, and it shows the visor phone.. It's awesome!!

boostaholic

I think the red/grey daytona ad is awesome!

Its looks familar!

I am thinking of painting my gray bottom red....

Garrett booster

Spent the last bit perusing this thread, and gotta say that you're doing a great job! She's a beauty, and as others have said the rims look great. Awesome job on that headliner. Looks like it came out perfect.

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by OneOfMany View Post
    Spent the last bit perusing this thread, and gotta say that you're doing a great job! She's a beauty, and as others have said the rims look great. Awesome job on that headliner. Looks like it came out perfect.

Grant
    Thanks! It's been a big project over the winter months getting it painted, but it's all payed off now,

Ya your car looks amazing.
    If you need any miscellanious parts check out my part out thread on our shelby clone parts car pretty much LMAO

Ya your car looks amazing.
    If you need any miscellanious parts check out my part out thread on our shelby clone parts car pretty much LMAO
    Thanks man.

I'll try and think of any parts i need... thanks for making the 89 Blue T-top Shelby that much more rare! .

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

WOAH Randy Not sure why I haven't clicked on this thread before but crickey man, I just lost 2 hours of my life to it. What can I say that has already been said by the folks following it but here are a few of my thoughts

Dude, you're only 23?? Where'd you get a lifetime of bodywork skills? From Pops I'd guess. When I was 23 I had my GLHS but not two nickels to spend on it so props to you for having the means to do this level of work.

How the heck are you gonna keep the paint so nice living off a gravel road (and the trip to SDAC)? Are you gonna 3M Vinyl the edges of the spoilers and lower 1/4's?

Thanks for the Bissell recomendation, I clicked on that link during the read and bought myself one

The time you took to lay out pics and document the process are where I really want to give you props That adds sooo much time to any of the jobs and it makes for a great read/thread.

I sure hope to see this car at SDAC in June, Driving out with DJ right?? I want to hear your stereo as well

Fantastic work by you and the old man!

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    WOAH Randy Not sure why I haven't clicked on this thread before but crickey man, I just lost 2 hours of my life to it. What can I say that has already been said by the folks following it but here are a few of my thoughts

Dude, you're only 23?? Where'd you get a lifetime of bodywork skills? From Pops I'd guess. When I was 23 I had my GLHS but not two nickels to spend on it so props to you for having the means to do this level of work.

How the heck are you gonna keep the paint so nice living off a gravel road (and the trip to SDAC)? Are you gonna 3M Vinyl the edges of the spoilers and lower 1/4's?

Thanks for the Bissell recomendation, I clicked on that link during the read and bought myself one

The time you took to lay out pics and document the process are where I really want to give you props That adds sooo much time to any of the jobs and it makes for a great read/thread.

I sure hope to see this car at SDAC in June, Driving out with DJ right?? I want to hear your stereo as well

Fantastic work by you and the old man!
    Thanks for the compliments! . Sorry for wasting 2yrs of your time, i didn't figure my project log was that long, . Yeah my Dad tought me how to do bodywork/paint as i was growing up... he owned his own restoration shop and has been doing this work for over 30yrs! He won top paint gun award in 1998 by Dupont for painting a 1929 Ford. I'm turning 23 this May. I did all the body/prep work 100% myself as well as all the ground effects, rear spoiler, trim and jam painting and my Dad sprayed the car for me and wetsanded and polished it... I'm not brave enough yet to paint an entire car! the driveway is gravel and i just drive really slow down it... if you've ever seen Alberta roads, gravel is the least of your worries,

You'll love that Bissel upholstery cleaning machine! If you think your interior is clean now, just wait..

I really want to drive this car down, but im kinda hesitant to go that distance on this current motor... Dj will have to persuade me more and be willing to help me change a motor on the side of the road 3000+km's from home if this one decides to blow up, . I've got the original common block out and waiting and i plan on fully rebuilding it in the next month.. it will be getting all ARP hardware and forged pistons.

Here's a couple pics of the stereo installation.. all that's left is the front component speakers to put in and it's finished.