Thread: Simple interior trim fix

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Simple interior trim fix

The very first time I removed and replaced my headliner the trim sections above the rear doors gave me a fit trying to reinstall them. The metal clips that attached to the trim got very easily bent and then the mounting tabs on the trim piece snapped off. The past 2 years I've just not bothered messing with it. Glued the clips back on and attempted to reinstall yesterday, with a dismal fail. So I finally said F-it and took the simplistic approach. Purchased some #6 oval head screws, matching trim washers and #6 speed nuts. Marked locations to drill with a sharpie, drilled a 1/8" hole in both pieces. The trim piece in question overlaps the B & C pillar trim by about 3/4". Took a piece of masking tape and taped the speed nut onto the back of the B & C pillar trim. Its only got to hold it in place long enough until the screw grabs it. Placed the trim in place and ran the screws in. Done

Might not look as clean as the factory clips method, but its not coming down and should removal be required. 2 screws and its off. No more crossing fingers and hoping it doesnt decide to snap in 1/2 when removing it

Hybrid booster

Re: Simple interior trim fix

Interesting, when putting my interior back in after it was out for 5 months i had significant issues getting any peice of trim to fit.

I removed it all again and i'm juggling between fiberglassing the interior, or just screwing it in with new screws (like you did)