Thread: LeBaron Konvertible

Threaded View

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor 85lebaront2's Avatar

Re: LeBaron Konvertible

Haven't done a lot for a bit, made a run to Pick-n-Pull in Virginia Beach Sunday (half price weekend) and scored a few things, some Ford stuff for my truck and a number of pieces for the konvertible. A transmission cooler from a Durango with the 4.7L Mercedes design V8, it was a stand alone unit, no connections to anything except the transmission, it is about the same size as the one the 2.6L in the 85 had that I used after installing the T2 setup in it. The other was a PDC from a 1996 Stratus 2.4L which is longer and narrower than the one a friend in Richmond VA found me. His worked, but was giving me a nightmare figuring out locations for Battery, SBEC and PDC in front of the shock tower on a K-car. This one, of course had the battery location in the left front fender and the cables came up to a red + and black - on the inner fender.

- - - Updated - - -

Got most of the "new" PDC sorted, got it mounted and put the SBEC where it should be. Started connecting the "new" PDC in place of the other one. Interesting item, on the Stratus, it was mounted longitudinally on the brackets the TCM and PCM mount to. There was one harness vertically underneath that went down into the front part of the engine harness. The back of it had a larger harness that branched with the front leg of it going to the front of the two PCM plugs. Inside it there are a number of wires that simply pass through from one end to the other.

If I can do it, I may retain that feature as it is right where the front harness sits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2357.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	391.5 KB 
ID:	63417   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2358.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	343.8 KB 
ID:	63416   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2359.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	735.5 KB 
ID:	63415   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2360.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	483.9 KB 
ID:	63419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2361.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	584.9 KB 
ID:	63418