Thread: My $350 85 laser xt!!!!!

Garrett booster

My $350 85 laser xt!!!!!

well i just bought this yesterday off of clist for $350 an i think i got a pretty good deal. The car had sat for about 4yrs motor was rebuilt b4 the car sat has exactly 12k i was told it has a cam it does sound like it may have a lite cam in it but im not to concerned if it does or doesnt but how could i tell when i pull the valve cover. but anyway thats enough of me rambling here's the car i'll be sure to get better one's soon these were just some quick shot's but let me know wut you think im looking for some idea's an where can i find a set of louver's for the back?

my dad was checkin it out lol

rusty rocker panel

oh an last min question can i use a t1 mopar performance ecu for a 86 log mani glh omni i ran into a good deal on one an id really like to know b4 i let it get away.

Re: My $350 85 laser xt!!!!!

Yes! Voice alert!

It looks like a Laser XE to me. The seats also look like they came from a Lancer or GTS instead of a Laser. You can run the 86 computer, but you would need to change the distributer to the short fat style. I'm not sure how well it would perform though since this car should have a G head and the 86 mopar cal might not have enough timing to really make a big difference. It's funny to see manual windows in what looks to be a pretty well loaded Laser.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by TopDollar69 View Post
    It looks like a Laser XE to me.

The seats also look like they came from a Lancer or GTS instead of a Laser.

It's funny to see manual windows in what looks to be a pretty well loaded Laser.
    lol yea i said the same thing about the crank windows an the front seats came out of a 85 daytona the had for parts so who know's. an yea it is an xe my bad.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Yes! Voice alert!
    it still work's to!

That's sweet. 24 function EVA = LOVE

Look great, can't beat the price! "Driver" cars are so much fun...have a good time with it
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very true. I love that car. That's so cool... fully loaded but CRANK WINDOWS! That's awesome.

Garrett booster

I think I have a set of rear window louvers for you. I think they came off of a Plymouth Turismo but I would need some measurements off your window to make sure whether it would or would not fit.

Trust Me...I'm "The Doctor"™ Turbo Mopar Vendor LaserXT1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopDollar69 View Post
    It looks like a Laser XE to me. The seats also look like they came from a Lancer or GTS instead of a Laser. You can run the 86 computer, but you would need to change the distributer to the short fat style. I'm not sure how well it would perform though since this car should have a G head and the 86 mopar cal might not have enough timing to really make a big difference. It's funny to see manual windows in what looks to be a pretty well loaded Laser.
    +1, it's a Laser XE. The 4 ribbed molding is the giveaway, as is the 2 piece front fascia without wraparound (the lower half of the XT fascia wraps around the front fenders).

The seats, agreed, H body.

Switching from 85 electronics to 86, while still trying to keep the EVA, is a HUGE HUGE HUGE PITA. If you scan the archives, I tried it years ago (and had all the wiring components).....I ended up just buying an 86 in the end. Between the bulkhead connector not being the same, the pinouts on the different modules having difference (i.e., cruise functions), and plugs not matching up unless EVERY harness is switched to 86....trust me, its a pain in the a$$.

I have a set of louvres off of mine, a 7 out of 10 (could use paint but no mandatory). Problem would be the shipping (I am outside of Phila). If interested, drop me a pm.

All that said, good luck with the car, it's a nice find!! Let me know if you need any parts, I have a TON
    David C. Lucidi/1986 Chrysler Laser XT aka "K.I.T.T"
    Authorized TM Decal Vendor:

"SDAC-Club decals": National & many others.
    "Turbo-Mopar": All Decals in store.
    "Turbos Unleashed": Decals in the TU store.
    "Custom and One of a Kind": PM me your specific needs!
    "G-BODY TURBO,TURBO Z, SHELBY Z decals": 100% authentic exact reproduction of factory originals, guaranteed to meet concourse level restorations.

Garrett booster

im not gona buy the computer im just gona go t2 i have some of the stuff sitting around in my basement so y not an i just looked at the seats an they say mark cross on the head rest so out of a lebaron maybe?

Garrett booster

i read that for the 85's that when i go t2 i have to get a custom cal for it im wondering if this will work http://www.fwdperformance.com/Store/...&ProductID=373 or do i need somthing different?