Thread: Mopar Performance Computer P5249671

Garrett booster

Mopar Performance Computer P5249671

I just picked up this computer for my 87 lancer w/ TII top end setup. I also picked up a set of +20 injectors.

Ive been told if i install the +20's i need a afpr, without, the car will run rich. ive also been told i dont need to add the 20s, the stock injectors will work but may run too lean.

The person i purchased from said he ran this computer and the +20s in his daytona and it ran fine. I just dont wanna waste my time installing and its a mistake to do so. If i cant use em, then im gonna sell em to someone who can.

Ive tried searching to find info on the computer with no luck. Can anyone tell me for sure if i need to add the injectors or am i safe to run the stockers... thanks.

can i find out the specs on this comuter offers ?

my car is still all stock right now...

Garrett booster

Re: Mopar Performance Computer P5249671

Got the computer installed and at WOT the boost goes up to about 14 psi. Ive read the computer is setup only to give full boost at WOT. Its pulling about 17in vac and idles alot better.

Would i be better to have a MBC installed also to help with quicker spool up or what ????

turbo addict

Are you running the +20's? From what Ive read, the stage 2 computer coupled with the +20's is good to around 18PSI because the +20's run it rich at WOT, so you need to counter that with extra boost

Garrett booster

no, im still using the stock injectors, i guess thats my question, will the car still run ok with the +20's at idle and just cruising around ?

I will say this,, that computer made a huge difference, at WOT the car will fly

turbo addict

you will run rich with the +20s unless you lower your fuel pressure. i run a stage computer in my GLHS on stock injectors and it is just fine. watch you A/F ratio if you use a MBC. if you have a small can wastegate it only nets about 16-17 psi max until you mod your wastegate can.
    but depending on your set up it may run out of fuel at that level with your stock injectors
    it depends on how fast you want to go. if you want more boost you will need the big injectors but have bad gas mileage with that computer

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

This is a great computer, probably one of the best LM cals.

Alot run the +20's, it seems to be able to control the fuel and go into closed loop. Many run this cal to 18+ psi safely.

An AFPR is still not a bad idea. The fuel tables/timing curves are changed and the WOT boost is higher. An MBC will give you more under the curve and let you run more boost.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

so.. its ok for me to install the +20's without a afpr and the car still should run ok and not run rich or anything ? i just dont wanna go thru the hassle of swapping injectors and the car run too rich or something...

if i do install the injectors, i can install a MBC and turn the boost up to about 18psi and should be safe and not blow a headgasket or anything?

my car has the TI bottom end and the TII top end...

I am pretty sure many others have run +_20's with no issues.

If you have an AF gauge, good fuel pump, good gas then go for it. Just listen for loud pinging.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad89 View Post
    I just picked up this computer for my 87 lancer w/ TII top end setup. I also picked up a set of +20 injectors.

my car is still all stock right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad89 View Post
    Got the computer installed and at WOT the boost goes up to about 14 psi.
    Running 14psi on the MP/CSX Stage II was originally supposed to be with the 36pph(+13%) injectors, but as long as you run Premium 93 octane you can run 14psi with the stock injectors... maybe a little more

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    I am pretty sure many others have run +_20's with no issues.
    You can definitely do it, I have for yers, It will run rich at idle tho... Not recommended for bumper to bumper traffic... as long ans you're driving its ok cuz teh O2 works... but open loop at idle

42pph(+20%) not needed unless you want to run ~18psi or more. I run +20's and 100 octane, good for 27 psi

If you have an AF gauge, good fuel pump, good gas then go for it. Just listen for loud pinging.
    No, bad, ouch, scary! by the time you hear it your engine could be junk... and you'll make more power with more fuel anyways.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post

No, bad, ouch, scary! by the time you hear it your engine could be junk... and you'll make more power with more fuel anyways.
    Well he's got to take it easy, not crank it up right away,