Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rampage likes Cold air!!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Rampage16V's Avatar

Re: Rampage likes Cold air!!

Yeah was a good run thats for sure. Had alot of fun this year and that motor lasted more then 2 seasons
    I guess the 2.4's are known for oil pump failures I hear the gears get hot and bind then break dcr had billet ones now they sell coated ones

Dean Stillie
    87 Shelby Z 2.4 Turbo 9.06@146.05
    82 Rampage 2.4 Turbo 10.14@138.02

Mitsu booster

Hi,

I just joined the forum to ask what kind of bearings you were running, and to find out if you learned anything from your tear-down? Over on the Neon.org we've been noticing a bunch of motors lost (apparently) to running Clevite "P" bearings in turbo motors. Certainly it may be something else too, but I'm trying to keep track of what people are running when they lose a bearing.

Thanks, and congrats on an AWESOME build!

Oh, one more thing, in case I can't find it, is there a build thread where I can learn about your use of this Holset in your setup? I have an HY35 I'm getting ready to put on a SRT internalled 2.4 to go in a 2001 minivan.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by tjabo View Post
    Hi,

I just joined the forum to ask what kind of bearings you were running, and to find out if you learned anything from your tear-down? Over on the Neon.org we've been noticing a bunch of motors lost (apparently) to running Clevite "P" bearings in turbo motors. Certainly it may be something else too, but I'm trying to keep track of what people are running when they lose a bearing.

Thanks, and congrats on an AWESOME build!

Oh, one more thing, in case I can't find it, is there a build thread where I can learn about your use of this Holset in your setup? I have an HY35 I'm getting ready to put on a SRT internalled 2.4 to go in a 2001 minivan.
    it was a bone stock 2.4 turbo engine from a mexican stratus r/t
    there are some pics around somewhere. but I dont believe there was anything salvaged from the catastrophy

Very impressive Dean. I would imagine an 8 valve would be hard pressed to get those times. Is the Omni you raced in the second race an 8 valve or 16?
    If I could run a solid mid 11 second 1/4 mile on an 8 valve reliably and drive home I would be a happy man.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Rampage16V's Avatar
    The omni I'm racing is Dave Rosie's 2.2 with t3 pistons and neon head. The motor from the rampage had stock bearings with eagle rods and je pistons.

Dean Stillie
    87 Shelby Z 2.4 Turbo 9.06@146.05
    82 Rampage 2.4 Turbo 10.14@138.02

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123