Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Carpet coming this week!

New Carpet coming this week!

Yay! I got new carpet for the Charger from Stock Interiors and it should be arriving tomorrow, hopefully.

They are shipping out of Alabama so it was a quick order turnaround. I didn't get the floor mats because my job isn't 100% secure and I can't spend the extra $100 for the mats at the moment. But I will be getting mats to keep the carpet pristine.

Pics to come when it arrives.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Re: New Carpet coming this week!

Look forward to getting it dirty on the passenger side during Palooza ...or maybe the drivers side when you aren't looking

gone crazy Turbo Mopar Contributor J&H Ryan's Avatar

Sweet! (subscribing to see pixors)
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

turbo addict

awesome!
    they sell stock floor mats too?

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    Look forward to getting it dirty on the passenger side during Palooza ...or maybe the drivers side when you aren't looking
    Negative, squared. Just kidding. Not sure if I'm bringing it this year, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by J&H Ryan View Post
    Sweet! (subscribing to see pixors)
    I'm going to take pictures before and after and during as much as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmesich View Post
    awesome!
    they sell stock floor mats too?
    They sell them for the car, but I don't know how close to stock they are. They supposedly are very good quality, but I can't afford the extra money. It wasn't a big deal at $65, but then they add more for the plush pyle which, is understandable but adds another ~$40 to the order along with some shipping. It was going to be upwards of $300 with and about $220 without, so that was a no. I'll get some in the long run, but for now Autozone/Advance Auto cheapies will do. The AA is just for you Drew.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Negative, squared. Just kidding. Not sure if I'm bringing it this year, but we'll see.

I'm going to take pictures before and after and during as much as I can.

They sell them for the car, but I don't know how close to stock they are. They supposedly are very good quality, but I can't afford the extra money. It wasn't a big deal at $65, but then they add more for the plush pyle which, is understandable but adds another ~$40 to the order along with some shipping. It was going to be upwards of $300 with and about $220 without, so that was a no. I'll get some in the long run, but for now Autozone/Advance Auto cheapies will do. The AA is just for you Drew.
    I don't know if I would bother with the custom jobs from the place you got your carpet from. When I put the carpet in Ken's Lancer (same brand as yours) he bought the floormats too. Honestly...they would be really nice to embroider and keep for show, but IMO too nice for functional floormats.

When I do carpet I MAY buy them...but my hopes are to get some done up like the factory Shelby mats just to have. I will go with "A A" cheapies myself

Hybrid booster

I did the carpet and mats for my 89 SHO with them, turned out really nice, but I had alot of extra on both sides to trim down. I got the extra heavy carpet, it's much nicer and plusher, much like the old oem stuff. The carpet in newer cars is so cheap and light, the carpet in the pt is much thinner than anything from the 80's. I have seen some newer cars at the auto show with carpeting inside the car, that is like trunk carpet was in the 80's -90's.

I don't know if I would bother with the custom jobs from the place you got your carpet from. When I put the carpet in Ken's Lancer (same brand as yours) he bought the floormats too. Honestly...they would be really nice to embroider and keep for show, but IMO too nice for functional floormats.

When I do carpet I MAY buy them...but my hopes are to get some done up like the factory Shelby mats just to have. I will go with "A A" cheapies myself
    Well my plan was to get the floormats from them so they would match. However, they absolutely weren't going to be used except for car shows, so the cheapies were going to be purchased regardless. There is no sense in ruining $100 floor mats on a daily driver. :$ I think the carpet will be here tomorrow, so I'm very excited!

turbo addict

What? Too scared to get pulled over again?

What? Too scared to get pulled over again?
    That or something breaking.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tommyturbo View Post
    I did the carpet and mats for my 89 SHO with them, turned out really nice, but I had alot of extra on both sides to trim down. I got the extra heavy carpet, it's much nicer and plusher, much like the old oem stuff. The carpet in newer cars is so cheap and light, the carpet in the pt is much thinner than anything from the 80's. I have seen some newer cars at the auto show with carpeting inside the car, that is like trunk carpet was in the 80's -90's.
    +1000000000000

my subaru carpet is crap. its exactly like my old 91 geo metro carpet and that stuff was supposed to be thin cause the car was to be super light.

i loved the carpet in my 91 sho that i had. so plush. so nice.

Brian

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

At the cheese festival we discovered that my Omni key will get us into the pass side of Jon's Charger. I'll unlock it, you drive. I hope I don't puke again though.

turbo addict

Wow, I put silk (yes real silk) floor mats in my taurus for free. Had some carpet left over from work. Made a quick pattern, cut it out and surged it. I estimate them to be worth arouned $1k. The carpet was 850 per square yard.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    At the cheese festival we discovered that my Omni key will get us into the pass side of Jon's Charger. I'll unlock it, you drive. I hope I don't puke again though.
    DOOD!!! You're not supposed to say anything, now everyone is going to try their key on my car. :& That was the shining moment for all of us as we stood in the rain trying to use a coat hanger to unlock the car, when lo and behold Brian has a key.

DOOD!!! You're not supposed to say anything, now everyone is going to try their key on my car. :& That was the shining moment for all of us as we stood in the rain trying to use a coat hanger to unlock the car, when lo and behold Brian has a key.
    I know, and hopefully someone will have the key which fits the ignition.

I know, and hopefully someone will have the key which fits the ignition.
    It DOES fit the ignition. Remember, my car has ONE key.

It DOES fit the ignition. Remember, my car has ONE key.
    I thought we tried it and it wouldn't start the car? It will work well on the pass side, but the key isn't even close on the driver's side.

I thought we tried it and it wouldn't start the car? It will work well on the pass side, but the key isn't even close on the driver's side.
    I think you're right, but with a little jiggling, I'm sure it would work.

boostaholic

i was just looking over there site, BA! $130 shipped! looks like all my car are getting recarpeted. dude they even have the full set for my 95 Dodge B250 van. thats like $280 shipped.

im a carpet guy by trade and ican do custom auto carpets but what a PITA! thanks for posting about ur carpet now i got a chub.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 22shelby View Post
    i was just looking over there site, BA! $130 shipped! looks like all my car are getting recarpeted. dude they even have the full set for my 95 Dodge B250 van. thats like $280 shipped.

im a carpet guy by trade and ican do custom auto carpets but what a PITA! thanks for posting about ur carpet now i got a chub.
    Carpet in cars is alot different than home carpet. Do you have a surging machine? Thats pretty much a must for making your own carpets, or you can sew on binding like I do because I dont have 10k for a surging machine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast