Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 92 silver spirit r/t

turbo addict
    Thats the trunk lid you see in the pic of the back window.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Garrett booster

Re: 92 silver spirit r/t

Yea, what he said ^^^^^^ your just seeing the trunk lid up through the window.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 2-U-I-M-GR8 View Post
    This is the picture that had the unusual window fogging or something on the rear window?

And yes I was talking about the window seals, so thanks. I am trying to get quotes for shipping now. That can make or break a deal. Do you know of anyplace on this site that talks about shippers? I did a search but it keeps locking up on me. There is such a huge swing in cost but with out knowing anything about who is good and who is bad I could end up getting a wrecked car by the time it gets here. Also and don't take this the wrong way but how do people make deals on line. I don't know you from a hole-in-the-wall as the saying goes so sending you money up front doesn't sound prudent. Is there some kind of escrow or something? I have never bought a car this far away. I usually just go to where the car is and if it's good I buy it and then drive it home. I think you are a little to far for that. I can't remember right now where you are located but most likely almost as far away as you could get. LOL I live in Massachusetts so it's probably to far to drive plus your car doesn't have a muffler. I will also have to look into that cost as well. The car looks like a nice one with potential but even though it's rare the small things may just add up to more then the car will be worth for quite some time. Especially since there are other non grey/silver ones that are to much more and in some cases great shape. Oh and by the way WOW, WOW the pictures of the 4 cars together is awesome. Are they all yours? WOW
    As far as shipping I just started contacting places on the internet and got quotes, and then would try to reserch the company. The broker I went with was SUNCOAST AUTO TRANSPORT out of Florida. They weren't the very cheapest, but close to it. I just had a little bit better feeling about them than some of the others. I paid them $300 using creditcard, then $500 cash to the truck driver when he dropped off the car. Almost always you will need to pay the driver in cash if using a broker.
    I don't blame you for the lack of trust with someone you don't know, I've been down that road many times, so good some bad. In the case when I bought this car it was the worst I had ever had. Luckily for you and everyone else interested in this car I am providing all the info I can, which is WAY more that I got from the last A-hole. What I'am trying to say I guess is that I am a honest person, a little to honest most of the time. I will help in any way I can with anything I my be selling.
    I always say don't buy a car like this for an investment, buy it because it's what you want, buy it because you have a passion for it. Plus tell yourself were else will I ever find another one (in this case).
    In the (4 car) pics the 2 silver '92's and the red '91(sold) are mine, the white '91 is my brothers, he also has his for sale on here.

Mitsu booster

Cool Re: 92 silver spirit r/t

Actually I just recently was bidding on a silver R/T that was on eBay. It was a great car out of a private collection. All original and in incredible shape. I didn't have a lot of money at the time and was out bid. I keep my eye out all the time. Funny thing is that my favorite of these cars is actually the red with the red wheels or the white with the white wheels. The silver seemed too plain at the time, and still seems plain, compared to the others. I think the matching wheels was just so over the top and cool. I just can't help but be intrigued by the rarity of the 92 silver R/T, it keeps drawing me to it. I have a 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Spyder, less then 2000 made and I love the fact that you don't see them when you are out driving. The same goes for these babies. I bought a 1990 Spirit ES brand new and loved that car, thought it was the best sedan ever until the 1991 R/T rolled out. Boy was I bummed that I had bought the ES then. I have never driven a R/T but can imagine how fast they must be because the ES wasn't a slouch off the line itself. So anyway I don't buy it for an investment per se but also don't want to pay way more then I have to for a car either. Like the old saying goes let the other guy put the money into the restoration and then you can buy it for half of what they paid or less. If you buy a car for 3k and put another 5k into restoring it then you might as well pay someone 8k and get there great shape car. The big draw with your car is the originality of it. I see a lot of them for sale but they all seem to have so many mods, engine replacements or new transmissions, and I am an 'as made by factory' kind of guy. You can only buy an original car once. If you mod it then it is something that can be replicated by others and looses something to me. I know that over time things will have to be fixed and replaced so you aren't going to find a car that hasn't had the brakes, rotors, tires, suspension, filters, plugs etc. replaced with new and most likely the paint will be done at sometime but I prefer it to have it's original engine, transmission and at least period correct interior, paint etc. When it comes to the suspension and stuff I don't really mind upgrades as long as it isn't noticeable or so different that it stands out. I myself changed the rotors and brakes in my Spyder to higher performance parts but unless you pull off the wheels you wouldn't notice.
    Well anyway, thanks for the trunk explanation, I knew it had to be something obvious because I have never heard of a problem in any car like that before. I am going to start seeking quotes on a move for this car, can you give me the zip of it's location. I am still getting quotes on another car but some of the stuff these shippers want you to give them just for a estimate is kind of unnerving. I don't want to be spammed for eternity just for a estimate. LOL The zip is what most of them want when I try filling out estimates, hopefully I can find a better price then the first two that responded on the other car because they are just outrageous. Have you looked at installing a exhaust system so the car would be street drivable? I know some states let you drive a car that has just been purchased to get it home but it can't be without an exhaust. I don't know what the cost would be so it might be not worth your while. On a side topic are you going to be without spirit when you sell the grey car? I saw you said that the other cars that were yours in the picture were sold. That isn't the way to go through life you know, spiritless. Only kidding you have to do what you have to do. Didn't you say you had a baby coming, or was that the other car I was looking at. If it was you has the little one arrived yet? Well good luck, I have to go to bed since it's getting late here. I can't wait to see what the cost is to ship, I am hoping it will be within my power to swing it, I want another spirit they are so much fun and it's always nice to be able to bring the family along on the joy rides.
    Last edited by 2-U-I-M-GR8; 03-06-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: hard to read

Garrett booster

^^^^^^^^^This will disappoint your day, but sale is pending, depoist check is in the mail.
    I should be working on the car this weekend to get it more "streetable", which in return will also increase the price of the car a little.
    If the deal falls through I will let everyone know. I still have my other nicer original "one" owner silver '92 R/T that could possibly be for sale, but it's more than double the price.
    If you want to keep getting shipping quotes just in case my zip is 68132.

Mitsu booster

Oh my gosh that seems to always happen. A car sits for a while with no takers then I find it get interested and I guess it brings out the weed hiders that were hoping for a lower price. I am glad that it is Sold though, it is a good car. Do you have any pictures of your even more original silver car? I would love to check it out as well.

Garrett booster

Here you go.....

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

turbo addict

was the last picture taken on Woodward at the dream cruise?

turbo addict

no, it was taken at a small car show in eastern nebraska.

Mitsu booster

Wow I guess that does look original, is it number matching front to back? Was it restored or is it a survivor? Funny how much of a sleeper these cars were... heck are. I would never have thought anything big seeing this car if I didn't know it was the fastest sedan around when it came out. Actually was it still the fastest sedan in 92 or was that only in 91. Congrats on a nice car, it is one of the nicest I have seen.

Garrett booster

Wow I guess that does look original, is it number matching front to back? Was it restored or is it a survivor? Funny how much of a sleeper these cars were... heck are. I would never have thought anything big seeing this car if I didn't know it was the fastest sedan around when it came out. Actually was it still the fastest sedan in 92 or was that only in 91. Congrats on a nice car, it is one of the nicest I have seen.
    Numbers matching as far as I know. Some paint work done on the "top" parts of the car, but still could use a total re-paint.
    I am the frist registered owner of the car. I bought it from an owner of a Dodge dealership that ordered the car and keep it in "dealer inventory" the whole time, until I got it with about 110K miles on it a few years ago. It came with a Large stack of dealer workorder/receipts and even the window sticker.

Mitsu booster

Wow that is cool. The mileage is the only thing that detracts from the car at all and even that isn't really much considering the age of the car. I have heard these cars can get quite a few miles on them and then others say that they start having major issues when they get over 100K. I can only base longevity on my Spirit ES which wasn't in the best of condition when I sold it. I mean it had had the transmission replaced twice and the engine replaced once, all under warranty. So hopefully these were better at holding up. Yours though looks like it was taken well car of. What would you be thinking of selling that for if you ever decided to part with it?

Mitsu booster

Hey did you ever think about selling your other silver R/T? I am still looking for one in all original condition like yours.

Garrett booster

Hey did you ever think about selling your other silver R/T? I am still looking for one in all original condition like yours.
    P.M. sent, Yes it is for sale.

Mitsu booster

OK nothing to see here folks, just move along this is my car. LOL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234