Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 92 silver spirit r/t

Garrett booster

Re: 92 silver spirit r/t

Quote Originally Posted by daytonairoc93 View Post

do you still have the silver r/t? If so do you have a phone number in which I can contact you?

Yes, still for sale, it's just sitting in the driveway collecting leaves. PM sent

Garrett booster

Merry Christmas bump!

Mitsu booster

Any pics of the rust around the brake cable area?

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by mattwalker View Post
    Any pics of the rust around the brake cable area?
    Here you go......the worst part of the car...and it's not really that bad.

turbo addict

So the car runs and drives fine?
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 86seeS View Post
    So the car runs and drives fine?
    Yea, it runs good. I have never "driven" the car, except for around the block.

Hybrid booster

Do you recall who you had transport the car for you?

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Do you recall who you had transport the car for you?
    I think the broker I used was Suncoast Auto Transport out of Florida.

Garrett booster

Valentines Day Bump! This car needs to go....Baby on the way....

Garrett booster

Bump

Offers anyone? Nobody wants a super rare running TIII Spirit R/T? Good way to spend your tax return.......

Mitsu booster

Wait this beauty hasn't been sold yet? I must be missing something. It is sold by now right?

Mitsu booster

How original is this car. I noticed you said something about new bolts. Is this a numbers matching car? The engine bay looks pretty original, which is getting pretty impossible to find nowadays. I did see you said it had no exhaust, does it still have the catalytic converter? How noisy is this baby without the exhaust? Any idea what a new stainless system would cost? How is the headliner? Any rips or tears in the inside other then the steering wheel? Do you have pictures of the rust on the trunk lid? Can you show a picture of the underside where the bumper is pushed in? Do you know what it was backed into or what hit it? Is the title clear and in hand? Does the carfax show any accidents or do you know if this car was in any accidents?

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 2-U-I-M-GR8 View Post
    How original is this car. I noticed you said something about new bolts. Is this a numbers matching car? The engine bay looks pretty original, which is getting pretty impossible to find nowadays. I did see you said it had no exhaust, does it still have the catalytic converter? How noisy is this baby without the exhaust? Any idea what a new stainless system would cost? How is the headliner? Any rips or tears in the inside other then the steering wheel? Do you have pictures of the rust on the trunk lid? Can you show a picture of the underside where the bumper is pushed in? Do you know what it was backed into or what hit it? Is the title clear and in hand? Does the carfax show any accidents or do you know if this car was in any accidents?

Not 100% sure if it's numbers matching or not, I believe it is, but I don;t know for sure. I know part of the engine has been apart because it has head studs and runs really good, and it also has the stage 4 cal, 3 bar map, and +40's.
    NO exhaust, except for short down pipe, so yes it's a bit loud.
    Headliner starting to sag.
    Dash, seats, and door panels are in good shape, but could use a new carpet set (not the worst I've seen though) I have a steering wheel that's in much better shape that I will include with the car.
    Trunk lip rust is on the inside (I will need to get a pic) I will also include a rust free non-R/T trunk lid with the car.
    Can't really see under the bumper, but I think that the metal bumper support is just pushed/curved in a bit (nothing from a hard impact) would just need pulled back out or replaced with one from a junk yard.
    Clear Nebraska title in hand. Don't know want a carfax shows, does NOT appear to have been in any big accidents, still looks like all origianal paint (or what's left of it).

Mitsu booster

Do you have the vin number posted? If not could you post it, maybe someone who has a carfax account could run it and post the results. I would love to see a picture of the trunk rust area and a underside picture of the bumper area, that shows the bumper supports and the dented area.

Garrett booster

Do you have the vin number posted? If not could you post it, maybe someone who has a carfax account could run it and post the results. I would love to see a picture of the trunk rust area and a underside picture of the bumper area, that shows the bumper supports and the dented area.
    VIN = 3B3XA66A5NT212600

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

pass. side bumper support...

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

rear bumper pic....

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Driver side trunk lip....

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Rear view pic...

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Headliner pic...

Mitsu booster

The trunk lid has a fair amount of rust but I heard somewhere that it isn't uncommon in that area, as well as the ebrake area. Is that the only sagging spot on the headliner? It really isn't that bad yet, I have seen worse. There isn't any water damage up there is there? Speaking of which how are the rubbers doing? Any of the seals leaking? Cracked? Dried out? Is there something wrong with the rear window? It is blurry in the picture but I have never heard of a problem with the rear windows. I love the picture with the white one in the background. These are rare cars and to see two of them in the same picture is cool. If others are reading this thread does anyone know of somebody who could run the vin and either send me a copy or post the results? I did a check on the insurance website but it only tells me it has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the Theft Records or as a vehicle listed in the Total Loss Records. That is helpful but doesn't go as deep as some of the other searches like CarFax or AutoCheck. Lastly you said you had it shipped I think I read it? What was the cost and how far did you ship it. I would like to get an estimate of the cost to ship. Also and this is to anyone who knows since I haven't bought a car like this before. How do you pay for a car? Do you use a broker or something? I don't mean to imply anything but it doesn't sound prudent to send money for a car and then just hope it arrives and in the condition that is stated.

Garrett booster

The trunk lid has a fair amount of rust but I heard somewhere that it isn't uncommon in that area, as well as the ebrake area. Is that the only sagging spot on the headliner? It really isn't that bad yet, I have seen worse. There isn't any water damage up there is there? Speaking of which how are the rubbers doing? Any of the seals leaking? Cracked? Dried out? Is there something wrong with the rear window? It is blurry in the picture but I have never heard of a problem with the rear windows. I love the picture with the white one in the background. These are rare cars and to see two of them in the same picture is cool. If others are reading this thread does anyone know of somebody who could run the vin and either send me a copy or post the results? I did a check on the insurance website but it only tells me it has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the Theft Records or as a vehicle listed in the Total Loss Records. That is helpful but doesn't go as deep as some of the other searches like CarFax or AutoCheck. Lastly you said you had it shipped I think I read it? What was the cost and how far did you ship it. I would like to get an estimate of the cost to ship. Also and this is to anyone who knows since I haven't bought a car like this before. How do you pay for a car? Do you use a broker or something? I don't mean to imply anything but it doesn't sound prudent to send money for a car and then just hope it arrives and in the condition that is stated.

Not uncommon at all about the rust, like I said I will be including a solid blue non-R/T trunk lid with the car if someone wants it.
    Headliner is not terrible, but yes it needs fixed - very common issue with 80's & 90's Mopars, and no its not water damage.
    Rubbers? Do you mean the door and window seals? If so all are in good shape for there age, not mint, but a lot better than some I've seen.
    Nothing wrong with the rear window that I remember, maybe you see a shadow or the surface rust on the roof above it?
    I think I paid $800 to have it shipped from Ohio to Nebraska, Open carrier.

If you like that pic with 2 R/T's, then you might like these old pics even more.....

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Garrett booster

Is that 2 silver R/Ts?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by djd's turbo View Post
    Is that 2 silver R/Ts?
    yes, and 2 91's

Mitsu booster

Thumbs up Re: 92 silver spirit r/t

This is the picture that had the unusual window fogging or something on the rear window?

And yes I was talking about the window seals, so thanks. I am trying to get quotes for shipping now. That can make or break a deal. Do you know of anyplace on this site that talks about shippers? I did a search but it keeps locking up on me. There is such a huge swing in cost but with out knowing anything about who is good and who is bad I could end up getting a wrecked car by the time it gets here. Also and don't take this the wrong way but how do people make deals on line. I don't know you from a hole-in-the-wall as the saying goes so sending you money up front doesn't sound prudent. Is there some kind of escrow or something? I have never bought a car this far away. I usually just go to where the car is and if it's good I buy it and then drive it home. I think you are a little to far for that. I can't remember right now where you are located but most likely almost as far away as you could get. LOL I live in Massachusetts so it's probably to far to drive plus your car doesn't have a muffler. I will also have to look into that cost as well. The car looks like a nice one with potential but even though it's rare the small things may just add up to more then the car will be worth for quite some time. Especially since there are other non grey/silver ones that are to much more and in some cases great shape. Oh and by the way WOW, WOW the pictures of the 4 cars together is awesome. Are they all yours? WOW

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast